Corsair 'Up to' 50% sale

Lumpus

Limp Gawd
[Not even remotely Warm, at least for me :( ]

'Up To' 50% Coupon Code: TREASUREHUNT

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/?utm_... It Be a Treasure Hunt for Savings Up To 50%!

The problem is... it doesn't seem to apply to Refurb - or any other normal priced product on their sales page. I've tried at least 10 different items so far... no discount.

The fine print... Promo Code TREASUREHUNT applies to a few selected products on CORSAIR U.S. Online Store only and expires at 11:59 PM PST on 9/6/2018.

Ok... WHAT selected items then???? Nothing listed at their sales page, so I'd have to manually check 500+ items all one by one to check for a secret/hidden sale item? Sure... just like a treasure hunt... LOL... not.

I checked on some replacement case parts for a Corsair 450D under accessories and parts. No deal there.

My gut says this promo will be meh.

i mean the code is "TREASUREHUNT" so you know common sense would tell you that you have to find what's on sale, lol.

i mean the code is "TREASUREHUNT" so you know common sense would tell you that you have to find what's on sale, lol.

Umm... yeah, obviously

The issue here is that the reward/frustration ratio of this promotion is seriously out of wack... and irritating your customer base enough for them to consider buying from another vendor isn't sound business strategy.
Just give me a straightforward sale (15-25% off) and don't give us a shell game where there is just one or two peas and 500+ shells to hide them under.

^ Lumpus gets it.

There are also reports of the code being limited quantity on certain items too. So while some folks were able to use it on one product, it wouldn't work for the next customer on the same SKU. Never played a treasure hunt game where the treasure moved after you found it.

Umm... yeah, obviously

The issue here is that the reward/frustration ratio of this promotion is seriously out of wack... and irritating your customer base enough for them to consider buying from another vendor isn't sound business strategy.
Just give me a straightforward sale (15-25% off) and don't give us a shell game where there is just one or two peas and 500+ shells to hide them under.

lol i completely agree with you on that which is why i'm just not going to buy anything from them. but it is a good business strat, you inflate page views like sikkyu pointed out and don't actually lose any money because no one can find whats on sale and hopefully get people to actually buy stuff at full price thinking the discount code went through. do you think they care if they piss off a few customers in the process of making a profit? nope.

Back