Corsair Unveils The M65 PRO RGB 12,000 DPI Gaming Mouse

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced the immediate availability of the new M65 PRO RGB gaming mouse. Equipped with an advanced 12,000 dpi optical sensor, revolutionary surface calibration tuning utility and high-precision switches, the M65 PRO RGB builds on the original Corsair M65’s legacy for durability and comfort while adding the latest in mouse sensor and customisation technology.

Corsair’s new M65 PRO RGB is a competition-grade FPS gaming mouse with the technology you need to win, the flexibility to make it your own, and the build quality to last. The high-accuracy 12,000 dpi optical sensor provides pixel-precise tracking and the advanced surface calibration support offers supreme responsiveness for your playing surface. An aircraft-grade aluminum chassis provides low weight and high durability, and with the dedicated sniper button, take advantage of on-the-fly dpi switching to instantly match mouse speed to gameplay demands for extreme accuracy.

The M65 PRO RGB’s advanced weight tuning system allows the gamers to adjust the mouse’s center of gravity to match their play style; lighter for fast-deadly precision and heavier for decisive movements. Harness the power of Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) for advanced button configuration, macro programming and three-zone dynamic multi-color backlighting customization. Gain an advantage by customizing your configuration and play your way with the eight strategically placed reprogrammable buttons. High-capacity Omron switches rated for 20 million clicks and low friction PTFE glide pads ensures reliable performance that holds up through even the longest campaigns.

looks like they finally fixed the position of the sniper button. hooray!!!

I hope they fixed the firmware. Had a M65 a couple years ago. Updated the firmware because the mouse would stop working in games randomly. When you restarted the PC the mouse would not get detected by the OS. Even after multiple firmware updates the problem persisted. After that experience never really trusted Corsair mice. The good thing about the M65 is that it fit my hand well. Still have not gone over 2200 DPI for games like TF2. The higher DPI needs to be less crazy marketing and more reality based features.

Last edited:
May end up getting this to replace my M65 RGB. The only difference appears to be the sensor, which is totally fine by me.

I still have an original M65. Considering I broke down and got a K65 RGB keyboard a while back, maybe I need the color-changey version now. Damn.

I recently picked up a M65 and love this thing. I did a little research between this and the RGB and did a little hands on at Fry's and the only difference is the RGB has the sensor further back. I found this to be annoying as its exactly where I rest my thumb and apply pressure. The standard M65 has it further forward and it was a lot more practical. I use the sniper button a ton as I play shooters almost exclusively but having it right under my thumb was that great.

The software kinda sucks especially when compared to Logitech's but honestly I didnt need it that much. The stock setting of 2700 DPI actually worked best for me. The sensor isnt quite as surgical as the G502's which is the best Ive ever seen but its awfully close and nothing anybody should worry about.

But yeah, all in all, the M65 family is an excellent gaming mouse and worth trying out.

I grabbed one of these and prefer my G502. Same sensor but the G502 just feels better. Probably personal preference.

M65 PRO is still pretty good and I use it at work now.

I grabbed one of these and prefer my G502. Same sensor but the G502 just feels better. Probably personal preference.

M65 PRO is still pretty good and I use it at work now.

Would you say that the M65 fits larger hands better than the G502? I have an old M35 and have been wanting to try an M65 out. In the meantime I'm using a Mionix Castor and though it feels better than the G502 it doesn't fit my hand as well as the M36. Is the M65 good for those with large hands like the M35 was?

They're about the same size and my hand lines up about the same, so if you found the G502 too small/cramped this probably won't fair any better.

Edit: Actually it looks about the same as most other Corsair mice, so you might prefer it over the G502 if you like previous Corsair mice.

Last edited:
Exciting news. As soon as I got my Mionix Naos 7000, I realized how much I actually hate laser based sensors. Optical just tracks so smoothly!

Back