Corsair Unveils Its First Inverted-ATX Cases

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a world leader in enthusiast PC hardware and components, today announced the release of the new Corsair Carbide 600Q and Carbide 600C high-performance PC cases. With iconic minimalist styling, a wealth of sound-deadening features (600Q), a huge clear side-panel window (600C) and distinctive inverted-ATX interior design, the 600Q and 600C continue the Corsair tradition of innovation and excellence in modern PC case design to deliver a no-compromise approach to PC cooling. Unlike many PC cases which demand enthusiasts choose between noisy, high-airflow ventilation or low-noise, restricted airflow designs, the 600Q and 600C are able to deliver the best of both.

The distinctive inverted-ATX internal design places the heat producing components in the direct airflow pathway of the two AF140L 140mm intake fans and single AF140L 140mm exhaust fan, providing powerful and efficient cooling, with extra wide vents ensuring unimpeded airflow. Specially tuned for low-noise operation, the 600Q and 600C’s three included fans have been redesigned for excellent airflow at lower noise levels, with an integrated external 3-speed fan controller allowing users to reduce the fan RPM, further lowering noise with a minimal impact on cooling performance. The result is a no-compromise approach to cooling that delivers fantastic system temperatures at extremely low noise levels.

News Story link: http://www.hardocp.com/news/2015/12/08/corsair_unveils_its_first_invertedatx_cases

600Q: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-quiet-600q-inverse-atx-full-tower-case

600C: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-clear-600c-inverse-atx-full-tower-case

Interestingly their page has the wrong image for the 600C right now...

XcpmEWO.png

That is clearly not a I-ATX case.

fans will force it though...it isn't passive cooling. However, anybody know the CFM ratios? If all the fans are the same the case will have negative pressure causing it to be a dust magnet.

Well in terms my current desk and setup the alcove for the tower is on the left side and opens on the right with the left closed off. So I'd looked at cases that were right-side oriented, which includes inverted atx cases, but they were always rather bigger and carried a rather large premium which these don't really solve.

The Silverstone FT 02 and the likes have the right idea.

This upside down design is OK but was also done before in the Lian-Li A0 6.

It's just something to do.

I'm sticking with my 800D......bigger is better.

So move the feet from the bottom of the case to the top and then turn it upside down and ta-da, new case. :rolleyes:

What is is it with these god damned websites and a super massive photo for a background that makes you scroll several pages to see all of it? What the fuck happened to normal backgrounds and smaller images?

CaseLabs has been selling inverted cases almost since the beginning. The rig in my sig has an inverted layout. The biggest drawback is that all those fancy PCIe card shrouds and waterblocks are also upside down from the board layout. This also flips all the logos and branding on the tops of the cards.

I could never understand the appeal of of proudly showing off the inner components on these reverse style cases. The names are upside down! It looks absolutely terrible and the people who keep design cases like this should turn up their OCD a tad.

Inverted design can work very well, our RV04/FT04 was one of the best cooling cases in 2013. Pardon for the shameless plug below :D

FT04
ft04s-inside.jpg

ft04-1.jpg

I could never understand the appeal of of proudly showing off the inner components on these reverse style cases. The names are upside down! It looks absolutely terrible and the people who keep design cases like this should turn up their OCD a tad.

Not really.

Also, consider this: if you can only have the computer case on the left side of your desktop... what else if you not an I-ATX you want to have?

And I bet many people are forced to have the case on their left.

This case - in typical Corsair fashion - attempts to appeal to far too many markets at the same time, and as such, falls flat as a mediocre attempt that could have been so much more.

I can't blame them really, as it's been an effective strategy, but there is nothing appealing about this case. There are far better inverted designs out there both for those looking for a smaller case with efficient space design, or in the size category that the 600C attempts to fit into.

A bit of a side note/maybe on topic?.. the video card logo being upside down.

Why do manufacturers put such time and effort (cosmetically) into the heatsink and fan display on a video card when its always facing the bottom of your case and you can never see it? The inverted case may very well have the GTX on the side upside down (not that we all have cards with names on the side) but at least you can view your cards. I like it for that reason alone.

Its a neat concept but I'll still with my 800D for the forseeable future.

Inverted design can work very well, our RV04/FT04 was one of the best cooling cases in 2013. Pardon for the shameless plug below :D

At least yours has room for a triple rad up front. I'm sick of small radiator mounting spots, 240/280 is dumb. I'd much rather have space for a 360/420 (gives those 240/280 guys the mounts they need as well).

At least yours has room for a triple rad up front. I'm sick of small radiator mounting spots, 240/280 is dumb. I'd much rather have space for a 360/420 (gives those 240/280 guys the mounts they need as well).

Shoot me a case model that has this size of rad support.. if you don't mind. My 800D is huge and it only supports a 120x360 rad and I couldn't imagine needing bigger. Why not just stick to that reasonable size and go thicker instead?

Shoot me a case model that has this size of rad support.. if you don't mind. My 800D is huge and it only supports a 120x360 rad and I couldn't imagine needing bigger. Why not just stick to that reasonable size and go thicker instead?

I wish I could. Unless you go with something extravagantly large like an 800D or a something like a caselabs, I can't think of anything.

I was pretty smitten with the Lian-Li PC-A61WFX but would rather it have had the PC-B16B's front/door. That has room for a front 360, similarly to NZXT's H440.

I guess more options exist, they're all just, not my style, which is admittedly half the point of a case.

I guess if I could find an A61WFX, and a B16B, frankenstein them into a "B16BWFX" and sell the remaining... I guess just normal A61B at that point? Maybe it's just time I get an SM8 or something.

In all honesty, I only have my 800D because I saw it for $40 on a local classifieds. Its way bigger than what I need. I just figure it gives me the space should I ever need it.

I kinda wish the case had front rad support.. but at the same time my h100 wouldn't have reached if that's the only place I had to mount it.

I still like the inverted video card thing though. So you can SEE the cards we all paid good money for and not the backside of a PCB.

The problem with inverted cases, is they can easily become a sauna in GPU area with anything but blower-type coolers. You really need a side panel exhaust fan to counteract the problem, which unfortunately this case doesn't support.

Remember BTX cases and motherboards? No? Exactly...

Which is a shame, really, because some of the BTX form-factor cases were very nicely done.

I had one of the BTX cases (XCLIO Coolbox) and could run one of the xfired 4870s passively cooled with zero problems

The problem with inverted cases, is they can easily become a sauna in GPU area with anything but blower-type coolers. You really need a side panel exhaust fan to counteract the problem, which unfortunately this case doesn't support.

That's what watercooling is for.:D

You can also modify a clear side panel pretty easily if you have a good skill saw, and put fans in there; no problem.

FT04
ft04s-inside.jpg

ft04-1.jpg

Two Fortress cases in my office. Love both on the cooling front.

The Azza Genesis 9000 in my sig is inverted. Actually, it can do inverted or regular, depending on your preference.

That is definitely a shit ton of mounting spots. I kinda wish I had the space for a 140x280.. but I do have a few spots for a 140x140 so its not really a big deal. I can just add them into the loop.

One rad would be easier and cleaner though.

Before Corsair got into cases we almost always used Silverstone cases for trade shows and home use.

Never understood how people were buying silly weird plastic things from other guys when you could have had a TJ09 back in the day.

Of course I think our cases are better now (because I design them) but I still have a secret love for lots of Silverstone stuff. :)

EDIT: Also the 600C/Q can handle a 360 on bottom, (as well as a 280/240), and a 280/240 in front.

The 780T can handle two 360mm radiators simultaneously.

The 760T, 750D, 730T, and AIR 540 can all house a 360mm radiator as well as a 240/280.

Back