Corsair TX750M 750W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair TX750M 750W Power Supply Review

The semi-modular Corsair TX750M claims to be the perfect PSU for high heat case environments as it is rated for continuous output at 50C. We will test it in the hotbox up to 45C, as that is torture enough. Does it deliver Gold rated efficiency and great power inside the incubator?

Huh. From reading the full review, I expected at least a silver award and not just a pass. To me, a 7 year warranty at this market segment is a very compelling "it" factor.

As always though, great review. I really appreciate how thorough the PSU testing in particular is here at [H]. These are results that can absolutely be trusted.

Warranty is one of those things that is always tough to quantify. A long warranty can be very nice, but just because it is a long warranty doesn't mean the warranty service is easy which would then be a knock against the warranty. Or, it could be like BFG. Lifetime warranty, but BFG no longer exists so that lifetime warranty doesn't help now.......but a quality unit would still. So, I have a hard time finding a way to put quantifiable numbers to a warranty to evaluate it.

Excellent review (as always).
Overall seems like a good unit - save perhaps for the DC output quality which, if I'm being honest, is typically the first thing I look at in your reviews :|
That aside, I think your conclusion is dead-on: If you can grab this for $79.99 (maybe even get a $10-$20 rebate on top of that) I think it'd be excellent in terms of quality/value.

Warranty is one of those things that is always tough to quantify. A long warranty can be very nice, but just because it is a long warranty doesn't mean the warranty service is easy which would then be a knock against the warranty. Or, it could be like BFG. Lifetime warranty, but BFG no longer exists so that lifetime warranty doesn't help now.......but a quality unit would still. So, I have a hard time finding a way to put quantifiable numbers to a warranty to evaluate it.

I totally follow you. My feeling on this is very likely coloured by the fact that I've dealt with Corsair's warranty service several times and have found them to be the literal best company in my experience, hands down.

Meh - doesn't seem like a good buy. I just did a build with some old components and had everything except a PS. I ended up getting a Seasonic Focus 750 Gold with very similar specs - same wattage, Gold rating, semi modular, and same 7 year warranty for $79.21.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You guys are too late on this review! i bought this 3 months ago already :D Anyways i haven't had any complaints and at least its not a fail. A pass from [H] is actually worth something(y)

Back