Corsair TX 750M good PSU

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
I notice Microcenter has the Corsair TX Series TX750M for $69.99, which is by a large margin cheaper than any other place I can find. In fact, its cheaper than CX600M, which from my understanding is their "cheaper" PSU line. So, pardon my ignorance, is there something im missing here, or is this a good deal I can be comfortable picking up?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/...rtified_High_Performance_Modular_Power_Supply

Its not a bad PSU. The new TX line isnt as good as the old TX line that was built by Seasonic and CWT. Id say its a safe buy if youre not going to hammer on your rig that much. But if youre going to be overclocking an AMD FX 8 core into the mid 4's and gaming a lot, you might want to cough up a little more cash and get something a little higher quality.

I have a TX750M that has been holding up well for a a little over a year. I'm running an i5 3570k overclocked to 4.4 and a Radeon 7990 and I'm having no issues with it. It is a solid PSU, and I have never heard the fan over the others fans in my rig.

As MacLeod said, it's not as good as the old TX line was, but, in my experience, it is a solid PSU and it has given me zero trouble.

for $70 its not a bad deal but depending on how much wattage you actually pull from the wall you could get away with a better quality PSU, like with your current setup I am guessing that you pull maybe 400-450W from the wall. You coudl pick up the Cool Master V550S or the 650w. Keep in mind that you will never be 100% under load

The new TX series are still solid units.

CX series is garbage.

The CX series isn't garbage. In fact, for the price, its usually one of the best bang for you buck PSUs out there. It's not the same class as the TX though.

I agree with Jorona. The Corsair CX line isn't that bad. I built a AMD APU for my mother down in Florida & it works just fine! Yes...They use Teapo & Samxon caps, but that's not bad thing IMHO. I paid $24.99 (AR) for my CX-430 & it get's the job done.

I have a TX 950 thats been running for 4 1/2 years making power for a i7-930 and R9-290,, unknown if the new TX can live that long as mine as a 5 year warranty..

Back