Corsair TwinX 3200XL vs OCZ 3200 EB in A64

Any opinions on the above two configs?

Both seem like excellent choices for an A64 setup (mine being a 3200+), however I am hearing a lot about the 3200XL being pretty amazing. Let me know how you would go between these two.

I'd say the XL with almost certainly be the better ram, although far more expensive. However, do you want to support a company with very questionable ethetics? See this thread

I work for a company that sells OCZ ram, and not only have I never had a problem with the people who work there, but I have used all kinds of their product with exceptional results. I have heard that they had some shady dealings in the past, but from what I can tell they are a pretty great memory company now, who I would have no problem dealing with or buying more product... I've just heard the Corsair XL is so damn good ;)

Liam said:
I'd say the XL with almost certainly be the better ram, although far more expensive.

How so?

The XL uses 4ns Samsung chips ..and will do 200 to maybe 220MHz at 2-2-2 timings...then around 250Mhz at 3-3-3 timings or even looser. Additional voltage does not help much with this memory.

The EB uses 5ns Micron chips and OCZ claims special enhancements ...it will do 2.5/3.0-2-2 (CAS-tRCD-tRP) at 200MHz and all the way up to 250-260Mhz at LOW voltages. Low voltage is important with the A64.

You can't go wrong with either. tRCD and tRP are the most critical timings ..CAS has a very negibile impact on real performance.

Regardless of OCZ's past, EB is great memory and it's what I suggest you get.

the xl runss awsome in my k8n and an51r i was actuall able to get the an51 r to run 267mhz synced in the an51r

Drisler said:
How so?

The XL uses 4ns Samsung chips ..and will do 200 to maybe 220MHz at 2-2-2 timings...then around 250Mhz at 3-3-3 timings or even looser. Additional voltage does not help much with this memory.

The EB uses 5ns Micron chips and OCZ claims special enhancements ...it will do 2.5/3.0-2-2 (CAS-tRCD-tRP) at 200MHz and all the way up to 250-260Mhz at LOW voltages. Low voltage is important with the A64.

You can't go wrong with either. tRCD and tRP are the most critical timings ..CAS has a very negibile impact on real performance.

Regardless of OCZ's past, EB is great memory and it's what I suggest you get.

Actually, the XL has been seen to do 250FSB on 2.5-3-3-7 with low voltges. And from what you're saying the the OCZ runs at loose timings, not the best for a64's.
Forgot, who's ram is the EB using? BH-5? (doubt it) BH-6?(doubt it) CH-6? (doubt it). What are they using?

Liam said:
Actually, the XL has been seen to do 250FSB on 2.5-3-3-7 with low voltges. And from what you're saying the the OCZ runs at loose timings, not the best for a64's.
Forgot, who's ram is the EB using? BH-5? (doubt it) BH-6?(doubt it) CH-6? (doubt it). What are they using?

didn't read my post at all.

I said the EB uses 5ns Microns chips and I also said the XL does 250 at 2.5-3-3-X. (sometimes LOOSER than that). OCZ does that same 250+ but at 3-2-2-X. And if ain't obvious enough, 3-2-2-X is better than 2.5-3-3-X.

Back