CORSAIR T2 ROAD WARRIOR Gaming Chair Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
CORSAIR T2 ROAD WARRIOR Gaming Chair Review

The Corsair T2 Road Warrior Gaming Chair was made with us guys that are a bit taller and wider in mind. It has been built with a wider seat, a wider back, and its bolsters are not as pronounced as those we found on the T1 Race chair. We gave the T2 Road Warrior two months of our attention and these are our experiences.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

Interesting review. And I have enjoyed Corsair products thus far... but chairs? That seems really far afield. What next.. Corsair Microwaves?

I'm 6'3", and that head rest is a huge deal breaker for $350. I don't need to pay $350 for that kind of racing aesthetic.

I'll have to check the review of the T1 though since I'm not a fatass.

Interesting review. And I have enjoyed Corsair products thus far... but chairs? That seems really far afield. What next.. Corsair Microwaves?

Well it's not like Corsair designs them. Some Chinese company probably designs and produces these chairs and then sells them to other companies to brand and resell for a hefty markup.

After watching the Youtube video of Kyle assembling the T1, there were several other videos including this one reviewing the Noblechairs 'Epic' yada yada. Both chairs are obviously identical except for branding, and the pricing for both is remarkably similar also. Noble chairs' website would have you thinking that the design is theirs, touting a bunch of quotes from who-the-fuck-knows as if they were golden globe awards. A cursory check of their home base address:

Sickingenstraße 60
10553 Berlin
Germany

shows a large warehouse-looking building that might conceivably house a chair manufacturing plant. Jump into Street View though and it's plainly just a warehouse (you don't have 4 evenly spaced cargo doors spread across the front of the building if only 1 company is in there) and the address is shared by several other companies.

Not really sure why I'm posting all of this as it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but I guess this kind of shit just leaves me feeling sour about paying XYZ% markup just so Corsair or whomever can slap their logo on a product they had little/nothing to do with and sell me a load of horse shit about racing design that they copied from the OEM.

Such is life these days I guess.

I'll edit to add that all this was extremely low-effort sleuthing on my part - and it may be that CaseKing.de actually makes chairs. It may also be that Corsair really is the OEM for these and sells them to CaseKing/Noblechairs. I'm sure Kyle will be glad to hand me my ass if that is the case, and I will happily stand corrected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meeho
like this
Nice to know I’m not the only one who had problems with a cap. I replaced the one on my chair with one I ordered from Amazon. The thing wouldn’t go up or down so I assumed I just got the wrong one. When I was boxing it up to ship it back to Amazon the blue cap on top came off.

Really love the wheels on that chair. Not so much a fan of the racing stripes though. It has a few features mine doesn't - like the fully articulated arms (mine go up./down only). One day I may get a new set of rollerblade style casters for it - I love them that much.

Mine did come with a cap (forgot the color) that had to be removed before putting the cylinder into the seat base.

Really love the wheels on that chair. Not so much a fan of the racing stripes though. It has a few features mine doesn't - like the fully articulated arms (mine go up./down only). One day I may get a new set of rollerblade style casters for it - I love them that much.

Mine did come with a cap (forgot the color) that had to be removed before putting the cylinder into the seat base.

FWIW I've had chairs with extra arm adjustments, and it's not a feature I'd pay extra for (despite being a bigger dude than Kyle and needing to buy expensive chairs for my own comfort/durability). I've have never used the rotation ones deliberately: angled in digs into your side/is in the way getting in/out, angled out doesn't make sense unless you're doing something weird like sitting in front of 3 keyboards and frequently 1 handing the leftmost or right most one because normally you're using stuff more or less in front of you; instead what happens is once every few days one gets bumped and twisted to one side or the next and I swear at it before turning it back to the center position. Front/back might be more useful for some people, although unless you're a beanpole and the arms get in the way of sitting as close to the desk as you'd like I'm not really convinced.

Having sat in that chair, I'd sooner sit in a used free curbside pick up office chair than this Corsair chair. It's literally the worst chair I've ever sat in.

Thanks for the review.
I wonder if Corsair will come out with a T3 and straighten out that head rest area. I was really starting to like this chair until you talked about that part. I have back issues too and need a chair to support my whole back, it needs to let me sit upright and in a "relaxed" position, if you know what I mean. But bending my neck forward like that just nope.

Thanks for the review. I'm a bit of a big guy at 6'3" ~250lbs so I appreciate your looking at things like this. Between forthcoming new gpu's and games my budget's pretty much tapped for the next 8 months so unlikely I'll be getting anything else until after next summer.

All of these chairs (Noble, Corsair, Arozzi, AK Racing, Swive, whatever) seem to be designed and made by the same people, so presumably it's much of a muchness which one you choose to buy. I've owned a couple myself and didn't really like them much. Mainly the lack of adjustments compared to a decent office chair started to really bug me after a little while, so I feel a good office chair (whether new or second hand) is a much better proposition.

Wonder how this thing sits versus the DX Racer Iron Series chairs. Looks quite similar outwardly.

That chair will make you a hunchback no question. Serta chairs work for me cause the only good ones I can get locally at Office Max. I wish someone had some ergo fabric chairs but it seems everyone wants those faux sticky pleather chairs.

Great write up Kyle! Unfortunately I can't, for the life of me, understand why manufacturers design a chair with that curve from your back all the way to your neck and that's supposed to be comfortable for gaming? I was looking at the pic with your son in it, and it confirms what I'm saying. How is that comfortable? Especially if you're gaming for hours. Probably wind up with scoliosis after a gaming session with it.

Still don't understand what with this "racing chair" theme either.

No thanks, not me.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I never understood the fascination with racing seats for computer chairs.

The optimum position for driving a car at 200MPH and the optimum position for cutting some Ork's head off with a battleaxe are COMPLETELY different! :p

Loved the write-up though Kyle!

I never understood the fascination with racing seats for computer chairs.

The optimum position for driving a car at 200MPH and the optimum position for cutting some Ork's head off with a battleaxe are COMPLETELY different! :p

Loved the write-up though Kyle!
If you use this chair is a laid back position, it works quite well. I have used it for such, but sitting up typing, not so much.

The whole gaming chair thing, when done right, does have the ability to make you actually sit with better posture.

Back