Corsair SP2500 as a replacement for MX 5021 ?

Hello guys..

Been lurking on the forums since long, but had to register and put this query across to you guys.

I am thinking of purchasing Corsair's SP2500 speaker set for myself.
My earlier set was AL MX 5021 which i really liked. Coming from the AL, i appreciated the punchy bass and dont have any penchant for the boomier ones.

Unfortunately i cannot get a demo before purchasing, nor is there any scheme to return within a set time period. Hence i need to collect as much info as possible before i pull the trigger on these.

1) As mentioned before, i prefer the tight bass than the booming one.
2) I am hoping these set are better than MX 5021
3) My main preference is Music/Movies/Gaming. All taking round about the same slice of time.

Thanks in advance :)

I been trying to read as much as possible here and havent come across a thread matching my specific query. Apologies if i missed it.. do link me up with the thread in that case.

I am from India and hence the budget i state probably wont be too helpful.
The SP2500 cost more as compared to US market and same holds true for other high end sets. So room for confusion made me not state the budget. :)

Pls do keep the suggestions for other sets rolling in as i can cross check and make a more informed decision.
But the main query still remains about SP2500 Vs MX 5021, as i have used MX5021 extensively.

EDIT:
And i dont suppose there is news about any new set which might hit the market anytime soon...? i mean 2.1 and something similar to these two...?

Last edited:
The sp2500 should, in theory, blow the mx 5021 out of the water. Its a much more powerful and probably cleaner sounding system. However, I've not heard either in person.

^^ Yes in theory it def should be better than MX5021.

But i havent been able to ascertain this practically. If only somebody compares the two or maybe lend a comment or two about the nature of the woofer/bass.. that ll really come in handy for me :)

Yea, i have gone through that spec sheet Solo. Gave me good clarity regarding the difference but no mx in that list didn really helped :(

You will never find a professional comparison between the two systems. The MX5021 is an 8 year old system at this point. The SP2500 is only 1 year old.

Your only hope is someone that is moving directly between the two does a user review and unfortunately you might be the only one.

I know that's a fact. But i had to ask.

Surely somebody will have decent bits to say on this. I mean guys keep on reviewing/listening to good speakers, esp renowned ones.. so just hanging onto the hope that somebody will come up with good input on this query :)

I have the MX5021s and they are much better than most people realize.

I also have the Swan m50w.

What makes the swans as good and better is the amplifier is cleaner and can go higher before distortion. The build quality on the swans is better than all of them. I've heard the corsairs and while they do get loud they are horribly blended. More for loud bass but are not very musical at all. The sub is a 1 note sub.

The swans are probably the only 2.1 speaker system I have heard that I can say is an upgrade from the mx5021.

They do a very good job of blending the speakers with the sub so these is not the huge hole is the sound like you get with 99 percent of the 2.1 speakers on the market.

The Mx5021 had twin mid range drivers which are probably poorer quality than the swans 1 driver but they do more alot of air for their size which gives them decent mid range.

Think of the swans as the MX5021s with better amp, much better cabinets (wood) better sub.

I think swan should make the M50s in a dual mid configuration like the MX5021s then they would probably be a killer.

About the only thing better would be getting bookshelfs with a sub. Unless they are very large I do not think you can get a bookself to make up for the lack of sub. I have heard them all the way up to 4,000 speakers and they can't beat physics they just can't move the air for the low frequencies.

Unless you are willing to get bookself with sub I don't think you can beat these for 289.00.

And I head those overpriced 500.00 B&W M1. They are 2.0 and sound very good for 2.0 but don't let them fool you, they cant do lows worth a damn. Mostly you are paying for a external DAC/Soundcard that is built into them.

MX6021 is not as good as the 5021s, sorry Altec but you are going backwards in quality.
Klipshe Promedia 2.1 - Joke, these are terrible do not compare not even in same league.

You will never find a professional comparison between the two systems. The MX5021 is an 8 year old system at this point. The SP2500 is only 1 year old.

Your only hope is someone that is moving directly between the two does a user review and unfortunately you might be the only one.

In 8 years no company had bested the MX5021 in the 2.1 arena.

Companies have actually backtracked. Old was bettter than new junk.

I will say the swan mx50w are better than the MX5021 but not in midrange. Up to the point before they distort the MX5021s are not going to be blown away by any 2.1 speaker.

The swans have better amps, fit and finish, quality.

The klipshes, corsairs have all forcused too much on the sub and they fail to fill in the midrange/sub crossover. They all leave too big a gap in the sound.

The MX5021s actually have midrange and a tweater. They may be a bit more colored than the swans but they have it while all the other companies dont.

Its probably because they chose to use twin 3 inch drivers over a single 3 inch driver. They simply can move more air than a single driver. Yes you can do some tricks like make a longer throw 3 inch but still it has alot to overcome in order to put out the volume that two (cheaper quality) twins can do.

Back