Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System Review @ [H]

The speakers can be connected with a single 3.5 mm cable to the back of the subwoofer and you can simply switch their control pod to use the 3.5 mm jack rather than the RCA. Or if you wish to use the speakers' RCA connection, you can simply use a 3.5 mm cable to male RCA cable and connect it that way as well. Corsair includes both cable types so you wont have any problems connecting them in whatever configuration you wish to use.

Thanks Earl. Would the sound quality differ using the 3.5mm vs having a proper digital toslink/spdif connection?

there may be some interference when using the analog connections between the speakers and the computer, but 99.99% of the time you will not notice it, it would be nice to have a strait digital signal from the computer out to the speakers but that doesn't make it a better signal path, or cleaner, just a different path.

I wonder how these would perform against something like this...
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php?p=swan-m50w&products_id=167

Any thoughts? I am just curious

The only problem I have ever had in twenty years with analog cables was using cheap ones or older ones with nicks and cuts in them, gave me static or crosstalk. If you are using quality shielded cables you will not have any problems that I can foresee.
I run the Corsair SP2500 daily in my home and office and I have never had one moment's trouble near kitchen appliances, copiers, floor fans, etc.

Another nice product from Corsair. Still loving my headset and K90 keyboard, best upgrade in a long long time.

These speakers look real nice, just too expensive for my taste. I share the sentiment of just not seeing $250 in value in a 2.1 set of PC specific speakers when I can buy a 5.1 HT in a box setup that is fairly decent for right at $300. To be fair though, I have young kids and my PC audio doesn't get loud usually and if I want it loud, well I have the headset for that. Now if these really produced extremely good audio AND had an optical input where I could hook it up to the media PS3 we have that due to space currently uses TV speakers. Then I might be persuaded.

Having had these since last year, i can say that, although really expensive, especially, as you say for just 2.1, that i would rather have a nice set of 2.1 than a lesser set with more channels.

What about people who don't want to set up a 5.1 or 7.1 system? Some people don't want to mess with wires going all over their living room.

Guess it just depends on what you're looking for.

Back