Corsair Shrinks PSUs With New SFX SF600 And SF450

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, the most awarded and recommended PC power supply brand in the world1, today announced the release of its first ever SFX form factor PSUs, the new Corsair SF600 and SF450. Fully Modular, 80 Plus Gold Certified and built with 100 per cent Japanese capacitors, the SF series brings Corsair’s legendary PSU reputation to a new form factor, producing the SFX PSU to match PC enthusiast’s big ideas. First unveiled as part of Corsair’s upcoming Bulldog project, the new 600W SF600 and 450W SF450 are a no-compromise approach to SFX PSUs, bringing the high-end features of Corsair’s award winning PSUs to a new compact form factor. 80 plus Gold-certified efficiency with tight voltage regulation delivers ATX performance in an SFX form factor, with 100% 105°C rated Japanese capacitors ensuring unwavering power and reliability.

Meanwhile Newegg's response is still:
"Thank you for contacting Newegg.

I am sorry, but I am not able to pull anything up. I tried the model number and it brought up ear buds. When does this item come out.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email."

Guess I will keep my Amazon order going then....

Edit: Amazon's response:
Hello, I was wondering if you had an estimated ship date for the corsair SF600 PSU I ordered ( ORDER #BLAHBLAH )
Amazon :Hello, my name is . I'm here to help you today.
Please be assured, I'll definitely try and help you in the best possible way.
Yes,I've upgraded your shipping method to the fastest available as One day shipping and waived off the $3.99 shipping charges for you.
Me: oh awesome
do you know when it might ship out?
Amazon:As the item description mentions that it usually ships in 2-4 weeks,now the guaranteed delivery date is Wednesday, March 23, 2016.
Amazon.com: Corsair SF600 High Performance SFX 600 Power Supply CP-9020105-NA: Computers & Accessories
Please check with the web link
Me:ahhh
I didnt see that a 2-4 week had been added
Amazon:I'm so sorry for the inconvenience .
Me:not a problem
Thanks !
Amazon:I'll personally keep a follow up with the order now.
Once the package is shipped,I'll personally contact the carrier and request them to have the package delivered at the earliest.
You're most welcome .
Me:that sounds perfect

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here ya go Corsair, doing you more favors...here's a video...you guys are lucky you make awesome computer parts....

PS: I want the Spec-Alpha

one thing I would have like to have seen is the rpm vs. temp profile for the fan or some CFM data (that fan doesn't quite look like a static pressure model, but mmH20 numbers would be fine too). I would like to see how fast they spin that 90mm fan so I can gauge if ripping it off and replacing it with a ducted 140mm would make the thing near silent at 100% output (obviously the sfx form factor is not my intended installation destination)

BTW Corsair has these in stock so I cancelled my order with Amazon and went direct to them.

Here ya go Corsair, doing you more favors...here's a video...you guys are lucky you make awesome computer parts....

PS: I want the Spec-Alpha

I appreciate that :)

one thing I would have like to have seen is the rpm vs. temp profile for the fan or some CFM data (that fan doesn't quite look like a static pressure model, but mmH20 numbers would be fine too). I would like to see how fast they spin that 90mm fan so I can gauge if ripping it off and replacing it with a ducted 140mm would make the thing near silent at 100% output (obviously the sfx form factor is not my intended installation destination)

Those SF series PSU fans are actually high static-pressure. We've intentionally put that spec on top of the list, that way the fan could push air through the relatively high density components within a small PSU.

For your reference:

4mMX17r.png

8zlvFtb.png

Back