Corsair SF600 600w SFX Powersupply

519W Maximum load and quieter than SF600 at full load, wow! SF450 will be my PSU for my next SFF build.

Last edited:
Would a R9 290 blow up the 450W PSU in Furmark? :)
Unless you are using an X99 system or overclock your CPU to like 5GHz you should be fine. That card can draw 300W easily, so it is close, but if you have something like an i7 (non-"extreme"), an SSD, HDD and not much more extras, it should work out. If I had a GPU that power hungry i'd consider buying the 600W, just in case. Anyway, the 450W unit seems to run 50W over spec so I have no worries it wouldn't work.

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these to replace the SIlverstone SX500-LG in my NCase m1. From what I've read in this thread, it sounds like the included cables are of adequate length for an m1 build? If I wanted to upgrade to cables that are more flexible/better fit, is there a recommended source? I've searched for such things before, but generally end up at moddiy, which is not only non-US, but very expensive (although I'm sure they're nice cables). EnSourced looks like a US-based option, but again they're very expensive. I'm not looking to spend as much on cables as on the power supply. I also don't mind building my own provided it's not difficult. I have plenty of soldering experience, although I don't know if soldering would even be required.

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these to replace the SIlverstone SX500-LG in my NCase m1. From what I've read in this thread, it sounds like the included cables are of adequate length for an m1 build? If I wanted to upgrade to cables that are more flexible/better fit, is there a recommended source? I've searched for such things before, but generally end up at moddiy, which is not only non-US, but very expensive (although I'm sure they're nice cables). EnSourced looks like a US-based option, but again they're very expensive. I'm not looking to spend as much on cables as on the power supply. I also don't mind building my own provided it's not difficult. I have plenty of soldering experience, although I don't know if soldering would even be required.
Home - sells some good quality connectors. I'm not 100% if they are compatible with the SF series.

Its a great psu but I highly recommend investing in round braided cabling when using this psu in a M1 case. The cables are wide and stiff and will block a lot of air flow. Cable management in the M1 is a bear when using this psu. Just food for thought.

Good info, thanks guys. I had enough trouble with cable routing with the SX-500-LG, if this is more difficult it sounds like I need to go in with a plan or with upgraded cables.

I mentioned this on the Corsair forum but my PSU fan has a buzzing noise and I'm already in the process of a replacement.

Its a great psu but I highly recommend investing in round braided cabling when using this psu in a M1 case. The cables are wide and stiff and will block a lot of air flow. Cable management in the M1 is a bear when using this psu. Just food for thought.

Do you know of any sites or sellers making cables that'll work with this PSU? Are there any special considerations to make?

Moddiy will probably make custom cables for this model like they do for many Corsair models.

EnSourced is making cables for the SF600, very nice cables and very expensive. One nice thing is you can get them in 20cm lengths. I have heard that cablemod is supposed to be coming out with kits for the SF series, they make replacement cables for many other Corsair series so this is likely.

I just bought the SF600 and the cables are very disappointing. Way too short for the CPU and Mobo cables. And they should have included two SATA cables instead of just one, and make the SATA cable's first connector to be the straight type, instead of the angled type.

Can't install this PSU because of the super short and inflexible cables. I will have to buy extension cables but decent ones are not cheap.

I may have spoken too soon about silence on the SF450...

It has coil whine, which while not obnoxiously loud is audible - enhanced by being in a Fractal Node 202 stood vertical placing the psu right at the top of the case with open grills for the sound to come straight out. At first I thought it was just my graphics card (a gigabyte gtx960 mini) which also has a little coil whine, but it seems to be a bit of both.

Fortunately it comes and goes on the psu - sometimes it is quiet unless I have my head right up to the case, other times it is annoying unless I have music playing in headphones. But I really cba to RMA it right now having just built this machine, I want to use it. Do Corsair do cross shipping now? The last corsair psu I had to replace was an HX650 that blew up quite a few years ago so I haven't had to deal with them in a while. I may likely get it replaced at some point in the future when it annoys me enough to motivate me into doing so.

I RMAed my SF600 few weeks ago, they shipped me a new one before I shiped the defect one back to them.
At first I thought it has coil whine too, but then I realized it comes from the motherboard. For me the SF600 is loud but it is mainly from the fan.

I RMAed my SF600 few weeks ago, they shipped me a new one before I shiped the defect one back to them.
At first I thought it has coil whine too, but then I realized it comes from the motherboard. For me the SF600 is loud but it is mainly from the fan.
That's good to know thanks.

Does anyone know if the pin out is the same as their other PSUs?

I've got a set of CableMod cables that I was hoping to reuse. That set suits AXi, HXi and RM power supplies

I used to like that reviewer until he became a huge sponsor for Corsair and Asus products. Despite this, his reviews are still pretty good as he is really thorough. He is definitely weaker on reviewing power supplies. It would be nice to see HardOCP review both wattage versions.

Tomshardware also have a pretty extensive review up of the SF450.

One thing to notice is that the fan curve reaches rather obnoxious levels if the ambient temperature rises. I'm not sure what is meant by ambient temperature, if it's the air surrounding the power supply, or only the air being directly exposed to the in take fan. But it probably means that inside a case, the power supply could be exposed to much higher temperatures than 25C (Corsair's reference temperature), for example, if blowing hot air from a radiator towards it. Something to look out for.

Does anyone know if we can mod the cables or will that void warranty? I want to make mine shorter.

Does anyone know if we can mod the cables or will that void warranty? I want to make mine shorter.

Unless your cable mod is faulty and damages the PSU, I don't see how such a thing could void the warranty (though car companies successfully pull this crap all the time).

Just call up Corsair and order an entire replacement cable set and mod those instead.. problem solved :whistle:

Unless your cable mod is faulty and damages the PSU, I don't see how such a thing could void the warranty (though car companies successfully pull this crap all the time).

Just call up Corsair and order an entire replacement cable set and mod those instead.. problem solved :whistle:
I tried to order some replacement cables through corsair live chat but they said it's not available. I'm tempted to buy the SF450 for the cables but i'll just hold off.

Got mine as well, the 600w. The included cables yes are a little stiff ( from what i rememeber compared to the Silverstone SFX 600W) but still manageable. When i get the A4 will know for sure.
The PSU itself, a small gem, heavy in hand, quality feel all-around.

i7 4790k @ 4.5 @ 1,221v / 16 gb ddr3 / 1x SSD / 1x GTX 650 (i know i am waiting for pascal, sold my gtx 970)

No coil noise, put my ear on it.
The fan didn't start will try to make it start, considering i have such a low powered gpu.

Got mine as well, the 600w. The included cables yes are a little stiff ( from what i rememeber compared to the Silverstone SFX 600W) but still manageable. When i get the A4 will know for sure.
The PSU itself, a small gem, heavy in hand, quality feel all-around.

i7 4790k @ 4.5 @ 1,221v / 16 gb ddr3 / 1x SSD / 1x GTX 650 (i know i am waiting for pascal, sold my gtx 970)

No coil noise, put my ear on it.
The fan didn't start will try to make it start, considering i have such a low powered gpu.

I've got a 65W CPU and a GTX970, it's actually kinda rare for mine to even spin up. I basically have to be gaming for a while and let the entire case get warm and even then it spins up/down a while.

Since every review says the cables are terrible, I think we should collect a list of third-party replacement cables and stick them in the OP! =)

Yeah I'm cheap but I'd really like an aftermarket kit like they had for the AX series in my bigger build. Single sleeve would look damn pretty.

I really just wish Corsair would release a cheap short cable kit like Silverstone did. I don't care for sleeved cables for SFF builds.

I found the silverstone kit awesome since you can shorten the lengths and only do half the work, since I would only shorten one side.

Reactions: AFD
like this
I really just wish Corsair would release a cheap short cable kit like Silverstone did.

+100! Right now, the shitty stock SF600 Corsair cables are the only thing stopping me from buying this PSU.

Out of all the Silverstone crap I've bought over the years, their PP05-E short cable set has been one of my best purchases. It has all of the possible connection combinations I could ever want (incl slimSATA), is incredibly flexible, looks fairly good, and is (almost) short enough for my needs (but easily folds out of the way). Probably the best $35 I've ever spent, and I'm hesitant to give that up for something more limited and of lesser quality (though my noisy SX600-G is still driving me nuts - some days worse than others).

If someone already has the Silverstone cable kit, can't you just carefully re-arrange the cables to match the Corsair kit? I mean, i can't imagine why it wouldn't be possible...

If someone already has the Silverstone cable kit, can't you just carefully re-arrange the cables to match the Corsair kit? I mean, i can't imagine why it wouldn't be possible...
I already did that for the Sata cable. Iirc, the PCIe power connector doesn't fit

In my jonsbo v3 the temps are around 40-45 °c and the cables get far more manageable!

Imo the cables arent even that bad.

I love the psu although I wish they added an adapter plate. Costs them $2 tops, costs us $10 with shipping etc

1. No adapter plate (I ended up buying the Silverstone PP08)
2. Stiff cables
3. No optional cable set with shorter length and 180 degree reversed connectors

I bought one of these for my build last week and am loving it, though the cables are stiff and not super flexible I'm using a H75 in my Ncase M1 and it provides ample room to hide the cables in the wide open lol.

Can you chance the 92mm fan inside the PSU with anothe one, like the noctua NF-A9x14 ??

Back