Corsair SF600 600w SFX Powersupply

Apples vs. Oranges…
My point was that this isn't as clear-cut as "bigger fan = less noise". Silverstone was trying to make the most quiet SFX PSU, they ended up fumbling, with noise created by the countermeasures they implemented to achieve the low noise. The only way to be a little sure is to wait for proper reviews.

Guys,

just got an email from Amazon, estimated delivery date on my Corsair PSUs (I ordered both the 450 and 600 ) is at the end of March to 1st week in April.

Guys,

just got an email from Amazon, estimated delivery date on my Corsair PSUs (I ordered both the 450 and 600 ) is at the end of March to 1st week in April.
That's good to hear. Basically falls in line with what the amazon rep told me as well.

Another good news is I noticed they updated the picture to actually show the PSU when you view it in your orders.

Thanks for the update Rakall. This is the last piece that is holding one of my builds back. Hopefully the PSU are pretty quiet. Still trying to decide if I will pick up the 450 or the 600. Doesn't seem like the corsair comes with an ATX adapter from the pictures though

Meanwhile at Newegg:
"Thank you for contacting Newegg.

I am sorry, but I am not able to pull anything up. I tried the model number and it brought up ear buds. When does this item come out.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email."

Yeah, stick with the Amazon orders for now I guess.

Edit: Amazon's response:
Hello, I was wondering if you had an estimated ship date for the corsair SF600 PSU I ordered ( ORDER #BLAHBLAH )
Amazon :Hello, my name is . I'm here to help you today.
Please be assured, I'll definitely try and help you in the best possible way.
Yes,I've upgraded your shipping method to the fastest available as One day shipping and waived off the $3.99 shipping charges for you.
Me: oh awesome
do you know when it might ship out?
Amazon:As the item description mentions that it usually ships in 2-4 weeks,now the guaranteed delivery date is Wednesday, March 23, 2016.
Amazon.com: Corsair SF600 High Performance SFX 600 Power Supply CP-9020105-NA: Computers & Accessories
Please check with the web link
Me:ahhh
I didnt see that a 2-4 week had been added
Amazon:I'm so sorry for the inconvenience .
Me:not a problem
Thanks !
Amazon:I'll personally keep a follow up with the order now.
Once the package is shipped,I'll personally contact the carrier and request them to have the package delivered at the earliest.
You're most welcome .
Me:that sounds perfect

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
We'll know when it gets reviewed and compared. In theory the Silverstone SX500-LG would have been the most quiet SFX-like PSU when it launched, in the end many had issues with the fan controller causing noises. I have a Sharkoon SFX-L which is based on the same platform as the SX500-LG, but because it doesn't have a semi-fanless fan controller, it doesn't exhibit the noises. To me, the PSU is quiet.

I also went for the Sharkoon one. Mainly because of availability and price, but now I'm glad i did regardless.

I'm hearing a faint ticking sound from the fan motor though. Nothing big, but I hate when fans have a noisy motor.

Sounding sweet. We just need independent testing and reviews.

FYI Corsair.com has these in stock. I cancelled my Amazon order and went directly to them.

For everyone in the U.K. Scan.co.uk now have these available for pre-order (Cheaper than Corsair.com). Item due on 18/03/16 according to their website.

SF450 (£69.98)

SF600 (£94.99)

Last edited:
I'm undecided between this and the Silverstone SX700. I'm mostly after a low noise unit so maybe the 120mm fan in the SX700 is the best bet, but only time will tell.

Me too. I will buy which one is overall the best when the A4 is in my hands.
Good that the Corsairs are out. Let the reviews come.
True they have 7 years warranty? Can't confirm it from the website.

Do we know who makes the fan for the Corsair SFX? Also, does the actual sticker/design mean it will be on the same "level" as the RMx series? They both have exactly the same sticker/design.

FYI Corsair.com has these in stock. I cancelled my Amazon order and went directly to them.
Thanks! Just ordered mine with ups two day shipping and only ended up being $10 USD more than amazon's price & shipping. :D

I ordered the 600SF from Corsair, I'll post back my after thoughts once I have the unit installed and have it for a bit. But I can tell you that my 980 GTX is my loudest component so I probably won't be able to hear the PSU at all unless I'm not doing anything graphic intensive

Mine is gonna arrive next Tuesday according to UPS.
Right now my loudest component is the 450w silverstone PSU.

I'm waiting on SilverStone to send me a new SX600 since the one I had was chirping and also making dive-bomb noises like my very first one. Tempted to just get this instead. I'm tired of that noise the SilverStone makes.

Looks like I will have my unit tomorrow. I'll try to take some pics if anyone is interested. Hopefully building my M1 out this weekend

Damn you guys are tempting me to cancel my Amazon order and order direct. I got my SF600 for $105 and don't really need it instantly

I'm waiting on SilverStone to send me a new SX600 since the one I had was chirping and also making dive-bomb noises like my very first one. Tempted to just get this instead. I'm tired of that noise the SilverStone makes.

Just return it, get your money back and get the Corsair instead. What have you got to lose? It can't be worse than the dive-bomb noise seriously...

Both links are a bit weird. Both say "Standard ATX". The SF450 product page says you're buying a "Corsair SF600 High Performance", and the the SF600 page states it's a "SF650".
Not sure I'd trust that site, and even if I did they don't ship to France -- edit: err wait, they do. Is it available anywhere else in Europe?

It's obviously a mistake on their part. But Scan are definitely trustworthy, they're one of the biggest retailers of computer hardware in the U.K. I'm not sure about shops outside of the U.K. but I know Corsair.com ship to Europe.

I originally ordered the SF600 on amazon, but then saw that corsair had them in stock so I ordered one this morning and just got my tracking number. Here's to hoping this is miles ahead of the Silverstone SX600 noise wise.

Probably a long shot, but will SilverStone's short cable set work with this Corsair SFX PSU?

Mine is gonna arrive next Tuesday according to UPS.
Right now my loudest component is the 450w silverstone PSU.
Let us know what the noise level is like compared to the silverstone. Ever since I learned about the Corsair SFX PSUs here i've been eyeing the 450W model to replace my silverstone 450 that's a bit noisy at idle.

Hello !
I'm from Germany and today I received my SF600 !

I've ordered it via DHL from Corsair EU directly.
It was shiped from Netherlands - to Belgia - to me in Germany.

Now its already working in my NCase M1 V2 and its great, but
I cant tell more, because I have currently no more time.

But Im looking forward to give you more input soon !

Hello !
I'm from Germany and today I received my SF600 !

I've ordered it via DHL from Corsair EU directly.
It was shiped from Netherlands - to Belgia - to me in Germany.

Now its already working in my NCase M1 V2 and its great, but
I cant tell more, because I have currently no more time.

But Im looking forward to give you more input soon !

Cool, please review the noise profile. Any weird sounds? Does the fan power off at any time, or is it on all the time? Did you have the silverstone before and if so can you compare the two?

Haven't tried load, but while booting and surfing/office the fan stays off.

Expecting the fan isn't broken, it starts at 120W consumption, like the official corsair graphic shows.

MSI H97I AC itx
i5-4690K
8GB G.Skill 1866
EVGA GTX 980 reference
128/500GB Samsung SSD
Corsair SF600
Ncase M1 V2

It's random hardware, so I know about issues like RAM only runs 1600, or K-CPU with this chipset ..

I've got a Silverstone SFX (300W?) in my office/htpc, but haven't focused noise issues with it, so I can't really tell much about...

Tonight Im Home again and try full load !

Hi!
Could you please give me some advice on whether I will have sufficient power using the Corsair SF450?

Here is my build:
- i5 6600K (overclocked to 4,5 Mhz)
- Asus Z170I PRO GAMING
- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8 GB
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 Windforce 2X OC 4GB
- 256GB Samsung SM951 M.2
- 500GB Samsung EVO SSD
- 1 TB WD Red HDD
- CPU cooler Noctua NH-C14
- 2x Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120

Thanks in advance for your advice!

MSI H97I AC itx
i5-4690K
8GB G.Skill 1866
EVGA GTX 980 reference
128/500GB Samsung SSD
Corsair SF600
Ncase M1 V2

It's random hardware, so I know about issues like RAM only runs 1600, or K-CPU with this chipset ..

I've got a Silverstone SFX (300W?) in my office/htpc, but haven't focused noise issues with it, so I can't really tell much about...

Tonight Im Home again and try full load !

Why du have K-Cpu and 1866 ram on a H97 board? That's stupid!!

/s

Just kidding!

How are the soundprofile under load?

Could you please give me some advice on whether I will have sufficient power using the Corsair SF450?

You will be fine using the SF450. Highest load you would see is ~300 watts (assuming you were using every component you listed at 100%). Even overclocking, you shouldn't come close to maxing out the PSU.

*Edit - ~300 watts is with no overclocking.

No problem anak85. I'm running a similar system but with an i7 6700k (stock) and a GTX 970 (overclocked) on a 450W Silverstone PSU (ST45SF-G) with no issues...other than the PSU being a bit on the loud side.

I am eager to hear reviews on these PSU's...especially noise levels. I tried the Silverstone SX500-LG but I got a faulty unit. Still waiting on an RMA, but may return it in favor of a Corsair unit! I also believe Silverstone is updating their SF PSU's with a 92mm fan, but I've heard nothing on a release date.

OK I switched on Prime95 & Furmark.
It took 2 minutes to see the SF600 Fan spin.

Few minutes later I closed both burn-in programs,
the same time my eyes went back to the fan and ...

:wideyed: it already stopped spinning. Ok maybe I should run
it longer, so it would need more time to cool down. But
for the first moment Im suprised it really works that great.

About the noise.. I cant tell much, because my GTX is
so much louder. But I tried to hear any strange sounds,
there wasnt anything.

Let us know what the noise level is like compared to the silverstone. Ever since I learned about the Corsair SFX PSUs here i've been eyeing the 450W model to replace my silverstone 450 that's a bit noisy at idle.
My Silverstone 450 gold has clicking noise sometimes and the fan is also "humming". It is dead silent when I stopped the fan with my finger so I think the fan is garbage or faulty. I am pretty confident that Corsair will be quieter. Looking forward to receiving the unit.

Back