Corsair SF600 600w SFX Powersupply

in for 1 600w!

I do agree somewhat... What I would really like is 500, but neither Silverstone nor Corsair are giving us any 500w SFX love... and SFX-L doesn't count!

Thanks got my 450 ordered. 600 seems overkill for an itx unless you plan to go with the dual GPU in a single card setup..

I would say 600W is about perfect for a single GPU (gaming) system. Then the fan won't ramp up as much either.

Does anyone know if the quality of the components are the same for the 450 & 600? I wouldn't mind the 450 version, but I don't want lower quality.

I personally would like a 550w sfx version instead of a 600w, but I guess you can go crazy with overclocks with a 600w. The thing is overclocking will be limited anyway on smaller itx systems and gpu oc will be modest at best unless you have a water-cooling setup like in an Ncase M1. That being said, a 600w does mean it should last you a long time given that the internal components especially the capacitors are of high quality. Only thing that is annoying is the efficiency will not be so hot on idle, browsing, normal use loads.

Be sure to let us know of the noise guys! (although it can hardly be worse than the Silverstone "falling bomb" sound)

I'm thinking, and I'm sure many others are too, that getting the 600w version will result in less problems with ramp up noises and such. I will wait for reviews though before deciding if the 600w is worth buying and placing it in my M1.

There is a Silverstone 500w SFX psu coming out, but who knows when it will come out.

Just ordered the SF600. I'm not sure if jonnyguru oversaw the development of it but at least it's a good sign one of the reasons for the delay was for Japanese caps. I'll take my chances on it being a quality PSU.

Does anyone know if Corsair is known to commonly make revisions? I don't like it when I buy a product and soon after they make fixes, but you're stuck with the flaws

450 should be plenty for a 290 stock clocks and a moderate either 2500K O/C(currently have full atx 2500K system) or a new 6600K setup.

I just noticed amazon took down the listings, but my order is still "Not yet shipped".

I just hope they don't cancel my order since I got the SF600 on sale for $105 with promo code.

Swedish retailer Inet.se has them listed and one of the specs. reveal that they (both 600 and 450) run fanless to 20% load. (120 and 90w resp.)

EDIT: pics in spoiler

6900046_5.png

6900047_8.png

Last edited:
Just ordered the SF600. I'm not sure if jonnyguru oversaw the development of it but at least it's a good sign one of the reasons for the delay was for Japanese caps. I'll take my chances on it being a quality PSU.

Does anyone know if Corsair is known to commonly make revisions? I don't like it when I buy a product and soon after they make fixes, but you're stuck with the flaws
I owned one of the Original corsair PSU's, the HX620. It came out shortly before the release of the 8 pin pci-e power standard. Instead of releasing a new model or psu revision, they offered a free upgraded cable to anyone who asked for them. All I had to do was send an email with my address, and they shipped one, no questions or proof of purchase required.

tl;dr I haven't seen too many revision from corsair, but when something changed, they took care of me to the best of their ability.

Anybody find the Corsair SF450 for Germany online yet? Not showed up in any of the stores I have checked...

Tried going to that cache link that was listed, then logging in, but it would keep taking me to the main Amazon front page. When I would click the cache link again I'd have to log in again. Vicious cycle. Couldn't pre/order it, going to have to wait until they put it back up officially for purchase. Bah.

I am a bit conflicted on psu choice. On one hand I do like the fact that the SF600 will have Japanese caps and will run quietly as I will be getting the DAN A4, which will mean little to modest at best overclocks (4.0 GHz i7 4770K, maybe a non-voltage gpu oc?). At the same time, the efficiency will not be that great at non-gaming, browsing use loads. It would have been nice if Corsair just came out with a 500w or 550w psu. I do understand Corsair's decision to make a 600w to cover the hardcore PC enthusiast that heavily Overlcocks their gpu and cpu.

Since the Dan A4 does not come out for a while, I might just wait for a new 500-550w SFX psu from Corsair and Silverstone. Maybe eVGA may join in on the SFX psu market as their high-end psu offerings have been really solid as of late.

On one hand I do like the fact that the SF600 will have Japanese caps and will run quietly as I will be getting the DAN A4, which will mean little to modest at best overclocks (4.0 GHz i7 4770K, maybe a non-voltage gpu oc?). At the same time, the efficiency will not be that great at non-gaming, browsing use loads. It would have been nice if Corsair just came out with a 500w or 550w psu.

This makes no sense to me. Are you expecting significant differences in terms of waste heat at say 50W loading between the SF600 and a hypothetical SF500?

I am a bit conflicted on psu choice. On one hand I do like the fact that the SF600 will have Japanese caps and will run quietly as I will be getting the DAN A4, which will mean little to modest at best overclocks (4.0 GHz i7 4770K, maybe a non-voltage gpu oc?). At the same time, the efficiency will not be that great at non-gaming, browsing use loads. It would have been nice if Corsair just came out with a 500w or 550w psu. I do understand Corsair's decision to make a 600w to cover the hardcore PC enthusiast that heavily Overlcocks their gpu and cpu.

Since the Dan A4 does not come out for a while, I might just wait for a new 500-550w SFX psu from Corsair and Silverstone. Maybe eVGA may join in on the SFX psu market as their high-end psu offerings have been really solid as of late.

Via Corsair's own site: 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency; What does it mean, and what's the benefit to me? Efficiency at 50% for an 80+ Gold PSU is 90% and at 20% load it is still 87% efficient! I think this is still a great fit for you. Remember, your PSU only draws as much power as it needs, not the full 600w. Also remember that this PSU has a fanless mode at up to 20% draw. That makes it an even better choice for you.

For what it's worth, I live chatted with an Amazon rep and they said my SF600 should be here on April 5th.

Yeah, if I were getting the DAN A4 case I would wait too just to see what comes out between now and then.

For what it's worth, I live chatted with an Amazon rep and they said my SF600 should be here on April 5th.

Are they usually the first to have it in stock?

For euros:
Swedish corsair rep told me "in the coming weeks" and the retailer I ordered from said "we should have it in stock in 1-2 weeks"

Are they usually the first to have it in stock?

For euros:
Swedish corsair rep told me "in the coming weeks" and the retailer I ordered from said "we should have it in stock in 1-2 weeks"
Just from my experience with newly released electronics in general and not specific to Corsair, Newegg seems to be the first, then Amazon, then the rest.

Is there any feedback regarding noise for these PSUs, considering they're already in the wild (inside Bulldog builds)?

Swedish retailer Inet.se has them listed and one of the specs. reveal that they (both 600 and 450) run fanless to 20% load. (120 and 90w resp.)

Fan curve looks promising for both, with the SF600 being quieter up to 360W, which I think will not be exceeded for a single GPU non-overclocked system. Question remains how well the fanless feature will work. The RMx and RMi series have gotten good reputation for quiet fans/fan curve I think. I wonder if Corsair uses a FDB fan in these, or if they cheaped out. I also hope they are free from coil whine, i.e. uses glue on the internal components. Finally, seems they don't use capacitors on the cables, which is good for DIY cable makers.

a SFX 600w is good if you want a 980 TI tier gpu and don't want the psu to be loud when gaming. I still prefer it to be 550w, but to avoid further discussion a 600w SFX psu would cover the hardcore OC ing enthusiasts and would run quieter.

Does that 50W really make any measurable or even perceivable differences?

In the near past yes, and the information is buried in the lot code or the part number so you won't know what you are getting until you get the product in. Sometimes it is a tweak, sometimes it is a new platform. They do it that way so that the product will continue to be listed under the original listing at vendors to carry whatever positive press/user reviews it had before the revision. Hopefully with a new PSU product manager they will stop doing this and go with a more appropriate mechanism of revisions.

We'll know when it gets reviewed and compared. In theory the Silverstone SX500-LG would have been the most quiet SFX-like PSU when it launched, in the end many had issues with the fan controller causing noises. I have a Sharkoon SFX-L which is based on the same platform as the SX500-LG, but because it doesn't have a semi-fanless fan controller, it doesn't exhibit the noises. To me, the PSU is quiet.

So is this supposed quiter than the Silverstone SFX-L 500W? Noise is my main concern for purchasing PSUs.

We'll know when it gets reviewed and compared. In theory the Silverstone SX500-LG would have been the most quiet SFX-like PSU when it launched, in the end many had issues with the fan controller causing noises. I have a Sharkoon SFX-L which is based on the same platform as the SX500-LG, but because it doesn't have a semi-fanless fan controller, it doesn't exhibit the noises. To me, the PSU is quiet.

Apples vs. Oranges…

The SFX-L units have the larger 120mm fan, they should be quieter? But the SFX units have the smaller fans, hence noisier? One of the draws of the Corsair SFX units is the larger 92mm fan, so it is hoped that they will be quieter than the Silverstone units…

We can only wait until these are out in the wild & some testing pops up on the Internet. Hopefully, videos on YouTube soon…?!?

The SFX-L units have the larger 120mm fan, they should be quieter?
Yes. Larger fans can move the same air at lower rpms than smaller fans, being quieter in the process.

But the SFX units have the smaller fans, hence noisier?
Yes. Smaller fans must spin faster than bigger fans to move the same amount of air, being louder in the process.

One of the draws of the Corsair SFX units is the larger 92mm fan, so it is hoped that they will be quieter than the Silverstone units…
If Silverstone hadn't botched the fan controller on their SFX-L's, they should have been the quieter than the Corsair or any other SFX-non-L.

We can only wait until these are out in the wild & some testing pops up
That's all he said. His sentiment was that on paper the Corsair looks good, but the Silverstone looked even better. Real world performance was disappointing though.

Back