Corsair SF600 600W SFX Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair SF600 600W SFX Power Supply Review - Corsair has gotten into making computers smaller lately with its Bulldog 4K Living Room Gaming System, and now it is going to share its SF600 power supply that follows the SFX standard form factor, which is tiny for a 600 watt PSU. Given its diminutive stature, has Corsair packed it to the gills with good power?

Nice to see some enthusiast SFX power supplies. I would love to get one of these for a super small setup with this case.

DAN Cases

Nice to see some enthusiast SFX power supplies. I would love to get one of these for a super small setup with this case.

DAN Cases

Damn!! that is a sexy little case. I would like to see how it handles temps when it finally comes out.

I have been trying to shrink my computers down with each time I build a new one and doing so without any performance sacrifices. Its nice to see a decent SFX power supply has finally been released and surely opens some future possibilities for smaller builds for me.

Looks like a very stout little PSU.
My only gripe is that it has no backplate bracket to install it in a small case that can also fit a standard ATX PSU.......like the Corsair 250 D.
Come on Corsair, that's just cheap. Or raise the price 5 bucks and throw in the bracket.

I've been looking at this and was wondering if it would be better than a SilverStone SFX power supply. Thanks for the excellent review!

Anyways I currently have a 450 SilverStone SFX power supply running a Gigabyte mITX motherboard, I7-6700K and an AMD R9 Nano. No problem when not OC, once I OC the I7 to 4.4ghz and the Nano it will at times just turns off playing intensive game sessions.

Custom design case that works great for the Nano cooling, motherboard, M2 drive and CPU but terrible for the power supply since it sits right above the Nano, meaning all that hot air from the Nano get sucked up in the power supply. I think it is shutting down on thermal and not over power but I am close to the 400w If I max out the CPU and GPU with Aida 64 torture test.

Since I decided a rebuild is in order and more importantly a CFX configuration, meaning a MicroATX build with two available PCIe 16 slots that works at 8x/8x with the 6700K - will this power supply be sufficient? I would most likely not OC the Nano at all, just use PowerTune to raise the base clock more towards the 1000mhz range ~200w on each, OC I7 6700k to 4.4ghz ~ 100w. It would seen to have room to spare - not much else will be in this build - just stuff that will make it perform. Of course in as small as space that I can design as well hopefully with the power supply having cooler air to suck from.

I have the RM750, and the modular cables are very thick. It's a tough power supply for cable management.

Maybe reason for the shorter cables for the Cosair. I bought the SilverStone flat cables for my power supply because the non-flat one's that came with it in a SFF sized case was a nightmare. Except the SilverStone flat cables are too long. I can see why making your own cables would be ideal, in a small case excess cable just does not work well.

DAN Cases

upload_2016-6-23_9-43-31.jpeg

oh, and.....

upload_2016-6-23_9-43-53.jpeg

Thanks for the review [H]. Looking to put together a SFF for a friend. The cable lengths are perfect and the performance is great for the size.

How hard would it be to open the casing and replace the fan with a higher quality one?

Just ordered one from Newegg. Hopefully it is quieter then the 450w Silverstone.

Damn!! that is a sexy little case. I would like to see how it handles temps when it finally comes out.

I have been trying to shrink my computers down with each time I build a new one and doing so without any performance sacrifices. Its nice to see a decent SFX power supply has finally been released and surely opens some future possibilities for smaller builds for me.

Since the case is basically venting straight outside, it's the same as if you were running all the components without a case. If you want good air flow and silencing you would have to place this inside a vented enclosure, which should be pretty easy to do with it being so small.

Back