Corsair SF450 (2018) 450W SFX Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair SF450 (2018) 450W SFX Power Supply Review

The Corsair SF450 SFX is, as you might have guessed from the "SFX" part number, a computer PSU built specifically with small form factor systems in mind. Corsair promises high power density along with "low noise," which are two qualities that many SFF builders are likely looking for. It also brings has Platinum level efficiency and is fully modular.

Good review as always. Solid product for sure.

On another note, I do wish a reputable manufacturer would release a ~300 watt class SFX semi-modular PSU for under $50.

The cheapest non-modular SFX PSU from a name brand is $62 on Newegg for a non-modular 300 watt PSU.

While this looks like a good PS, the conclusion just reinforces why I always end up with Seasonic Power supplies. They are almost always a bit better and usually at a better price/value.

I wish they'd sort out those horrible stock cables as they are just obnoxious to work with, especially within the confines of a SFF case. Sure, you could buy a replacement cable set which are much more manageable, but that's a hefty additional expense.

While this looks like a good PS, the conclusion just reinforces why I always end up with Seasonic Power supplies. They are almost always a bit better and usually at a better price/value.

Nothing against Seasonic, but they don't even make a PSU at this size and power level.
The Corsair SFX series seem to be about the best SFX units available (judging from reviews here and jonnyguru.com).
Silverstone has more powerful units, but IIRC they're mostly SFX-L, and don't perform quite as well (though not badly).

Nothing against Seasonic, but they don't even make a PSU at this size and power level.
The Corsair SFX series seem to be about the best SFX units available (judging from reviews here and jonnyguru.com).
Silverstone has more powerful units, but IIRC they're mostly SFX-L, and don't perform quite as well (though not badly).

I was just going by the conclusion referencing the review of the Seasonic FOCUS SGX-450 450W SFX-L PSU (https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/12/31/seasonic_focus_sgx450_450w_sfxl_psu_review/9). Reading closely, the Corsair unit is a bit shorter although they are both SFX.

Back