Corsair RMA. So sweet.....yeah!

DogChainX

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I have a Corsair HX1000. Lately the fan has started to make a racket, so its dieing. I was going to just open it up and replace it with another 140mm fan...but, it still has warranty.

I called up Corsair. I get put on hold for 4 minutes...la-de-da....twiddle my thumbs.

They come back, "Sir, I apologize we do not have the HX1000 in stock". Shizbot. What now? Credit to Corsair.com? TX950 replacement? What now....

"We do have the AX1200 coming in stock soon, and we'll replace your PSU with that"

Sa-sa-say what? :eek:

"Well, I was hoping for the HX1000...but if thats all you got, I guess I'll take it..."

:D Hot-damn. And I only paid $150 for my HX1000....

That's impressive. I'm trying to get an RMA for my 2-year old HX1000. Couldn't find a number to call, though.

What? That's not fair. I'm canceling your RMA and replacing it with two CX500s!

Okay, just kidding - enjoy the new AX1200 - I love mine!

What? That's not fair. I'm canceling your RMA and replacing it with two CX500s!

Okay, just kidding - enjoy the new AX1200 - I love mine!

You do and I'll tell people what Corsair does to kittens...thats not coil whine in your PSU. :D

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I've been hearing nothing but great things about corsairs CS department... I've been thinking about picking up a new PSU, and XFX is cheap, but I'm really reconsidering a corsair as although I've almost never used an RMA on anything in my life, if I did need it, the comparison of corsair and XFX CS seems to be like comparison a delicious nectarine to balled up turd.

I like to support companies that put effort into quality customer service too. Good on you corsair.

Corsair is doing the same for me right now.

I bought a TX950 that was DOA; failed the "Paper clip test". Took about a week for the shipment to get to California from where I live, another couple days to input in their system. After a week later I receive an email saying they are shipping my RMA back to me. Included in the email was a description of what they are sending and it is the AX1200 Gold.

Will be on my doorstep this evening.

I'm sending my dead HX1000 to Corsair on Monday. Hope I get as lucky as you guys.

corsair customer support, takes care of there customer's there is no qestion about it. they are the best around.

i dont know if you guys saw the h70 problem a guy had where his h70 leaked on his gtx 580 but still worked and they replaced his h70 and his gtx580 paid shipping both ways

yeah corsair is always getting my money no qestions asked

They may spend more money by paying for that type of stuff but think about how much more customers they will get? Just seeing this makes me want to go to corsair with a lot of my stuff. They get so much more money cuz they take care of us :) lol

Anytime I've needed the CS help, I've gotten it very quickly.

The only, *only* bad thing I have to say about Corsair is their online store has horrible shipping options for Canadians ($10 for 800D backplane, $40 for shipping).

Yup.
Great service.
I had a 2GB DDR3 Dominator module bite the bullet last week.
Filled out the form online.......schzamm......new 6GB kit in less than a week.

Smooth as silk.

That's why all my stuff is Corsair if they make what I need.

@Red Beard...... personal issue..........not trying to jack the thread...........

Can you look at this case: Case #: 2037799, all I want is a couple of connectors as described so I can securely plug the cable into my AX 1200.
I don't want to send the cables back because right now I have them rigged to drive my triple Crossfire stuff.
If I send you the cables.....double Crossfire for me......baaaaaaaaaah.

Can you help me out?
Appreciate it.

The best part about corsair's RMA is that new AX1200 will not only be an upgrade, it'll be brand new sealed in box. Full retail.

Best RMA in the business, bar none.

I'm in the process of RMA'n an H50 that leaked onto a 5850 vid card. Don't have a spare cooler to test the system until I get the H50 replaced but hopefully it'll all be fine.

Yup.
Great service.
I had a 2GB DDR3 Dominator module bite the bullet last week.
Filled out the form online.......schzamm......new 6GB kit in less than a week.

Smooth as silk.

That's why all my stuff is Corsair if they make what I need.

@Red Beard...... personal issue..........not trying to jack the thread...........

Can you look at this case: Case #: 2037799, all I want is a couple of connectors as described so I can securely plug the cable into my AX 1200.
I don't want to send the cables back because right now I have them rigged to drive my triple Crossfire stuff.
If I send you the cables.....double Crossfire for me......baaaaaaaaaah.

Can you help me out?
Appreciate it.

Actually I don't work in Customer Service so I can't look into tickets, but if you email me: [email protected] I'll make sure it gets to the right person and you get a response.

It's always awesome to hear about companies that do stuff like this. Reminds me of when EvGA sent me a 8800gt as a replacement for my 7950 gt ko that went out, and when that "didn't work" they sent me a gts450. It turned out my psu went bad when I put the 8800 gt in :)

Congrats on the new psu!

Actually I don't work in Customer Service so I can't look into tickets, but if you email me: [email protected] I'll make sure it gets to the right person and you get a response.

Your help here has resulted in me getting the problem solved!!

The power of the [H] and the Redbeard are awesome.

I truely appreciate this wonderful level of service.......that's why I buy Corsair products.:D

It's always awesome to hear about companies that do stuff like this. Reminds me of when EvGA sent me a 8800gt as a replacement for my 7950 gt ko that went out, and when that "didn't work" they sent me a gts450. It turned out my psu went bad when I put the 8800 gt in :)

Congrats on the new psu!

I have similar stories from EVGA in the past. I got a 7800, then got a 7900, then finally got a 7950. I love great companies! I only wish they made AMD cards so I could've kept buying from them.

I have similar stories from EVGA in the past. I got a 7800, then got a 7900, then finally got a 7950. I love great companies! I only wish they made AMD cards so I could've kept buying from them.

I eventually came back to buying nVidia cards because of them.

Its fast and effective responses like this that make me smile when I see the Corsair logo on my PSU, H60 block, and ram through the side window of my desktop. My only complaint at this point in time is that I wish Corsair made more components so I could have that same level of confidence in every part. I've for a long time now firmly recommended them on any builds that I work on or that others are putting together because of this level of quality and commitment.

Thank you Corsair, thank you Redbeard. Keep up the good work!

I vote that Corsair starts selling GPUs...........:eek:........please.

I'd buy two or three!!!;)

I vote that Corsair starts selling GPUs...........:eek:........please.

I'd buy two or three!!!;)

"Sorry sir, we don't have the GTX460 in stock....but we do have our new GTX 595 6GB revision B available and we'll send that out to you as a replacement..."

Yeah, i wish too! lol

Just an update. Got a hold of Corsair today...got my 1200AX shipped out today for my HX1000 replacement.... :D

Thanks Corsair! You just made me a loyal PSU customer...and maybe a customer to a few other products.

Corsair making enthusiast motherboards and graphics cards would make me.
spooge1.gif

Count me in as someone who wished Corsair would make more components, if only because of their customer service.

I recently built a Sandy Bridge desktop for my wife who works from home. After about a month it died. I was actually relieved to discover it was the Corsair PSU that was at fault. I RMA-ed the PSU to Corsair last Friday evening, they got it Tuesday, shipped a replacement Wednesday and it is scheduled to arrive today.

I always recommend Corsair and when shopping for components, will only go non-Corsair when the price difference is signficant.

I always recommend Corsair and when shopping for components, will only go non-Corsair when the price difference is signficant.

or if they don't sell it..........:D

Motherboards would be an awesome addition to their line-up.....never thought of that.....sign me up for beta testing!;)

Well luckilly there are usually parallels to Corsair in other departments.

... And then there is XFX. I avoid them like the plague. Hah.

So, I have a Corsair HX1000. Lately the fan has started to make a racket, so its dieing. I was going to just open it up and replace it with another 140mm fan...but, it still has warranty.

I called up Corsair. I get put on hold for 4 minutes...la-de-da....twiddle my thumbs.

They come back, "Sir, I apologize we do not have the HX1000 in stock". Shizbot. What now? Credit to Corsair.com? TX950 replacement? What now....

"We do have the AX1200 coming in stock soon, and we'll replace your PSU with that"

Sa-sa-say what? :eek:

"Well, I was hoping for the HX1000...but if thats all you got, I guess I'll take it..."

:D Hot-damn. And I only paid $150 for my HX1000....

Thanks for sharing, I'll keep this in mind when purchasing a new PSU

Hey Redbeard, if I open my HX850 and perform a little PSU surgery, cutting the two extraneous hard wired gpu cables off at the PCB and replacing the Yate Loon fan with a Noctua 140mm does that break my 7year warranty? Yuk yuk!

Last edited:
Back