Corsair Recalls Some H100i RGB Platinum SE Coolers Over Faulty Plumbing

I had heard that the majority of these AIO units are manufactured by the same company and then rebranded... wonder if others will have similar issues.

Gotta be honest though.....when you sell a liquid cooler......and the liquid cooler is leaking.....you can kind of make the bold "You had ONE JOB!!!!" statement here. I suppose if it didn't actually COOL, then that would also apply...but in my world, the leaky AIO is worse than the one that isn't great at cooling....one is destructive, the other is merely irritating......

I have the i100v2 , came with the wrong firmware (i80 GT) and cannot be changed , need to send back (i chose not to )
also the pump occasionally has trapped air inside and makes alot of noise (like a HDD working real hard) , i have to turn the pc upside down and let it work a bit to release the air to the radiator

these units are really all generic and made by the same company , i would not buy again.

Yep, exactly the reason why I don't buy em. Too many points of failure.

Yup, I just don't understand the love affair with putting something that can short out your entire system inside your case, with cheap plastic tubes.

Heatpipes are at least soldered metal, and are unlikely to ever leak. They also tend to have a lot less liquid in them than water coolers, and a lot lower boiling point (because they work using evaporation), so a slow leak usually does nothing (boils away).

Last edited:
Yup, I just don't understand the love affair with putting something that can short out your entire system inside your case, with cheap plastic tubes.

Heatpipes are at least soldered metal, and are unlikely to ever leak. They also tend to have a lot less liquid in them than water coolers, and a lot lower boiling point (because they work using evaporation), so a slow leak usually does nothing (boils away).

I've had 7 different AIO's (all Corsair branded) over the last ~7-8 years in various systems. None have leaked or had any problems at all.

The reason is to force the heat out of the case, and be able to fit more radiator capacity that can fit squished in around the CPU socket.

There is a risk, but it is damned near negligible.

Now, with my custom loop I did have a few XSPC swivel bends fail on me and start dripping. I noticed it after it had been going on for a while and fixed the problem without any damage to my components.

Most coolants are based on distilled water which is NOT CONDUCTIVE. It does pick up up s and become conductive over time, though, which is why it is a good idea to drain your loop and fill with fresh stuff every 1-2 years.

The benefit of this custom loop is a fully overclocked Pascal Titan X which never exceeds 40°C under full load while being reasonably quiet.

(If I turn up the fans on a cool day I can get my max GPU temp to be ~25°C)

The risks are small, the benefits are great. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've had 2 Coolit AIOs leak all over one of my computers and it's still running just fine after washing and drying the MB/GPU. Those experiences have taught me two things, one is that it takes some bad luck along with a leak to actually cause serious problems, the second is to not buy Coolit AIOs(luckily most are made by Asetek these days).

High end air cooling has issues too and personally I'd rather deal with the possibility of a leak than hanging a bunch of weight off the MB socket or worrying about ram clearance.

I was never really sold on AIO's, and on my last build I was looking at the NH-D15S. Things changed when I found a package deal on [H] that provided a Corsair H110iGT along with the rest of the system. I have to say I like it. It stays so clean I don't even open up the case to clean like I do with the air cooled cpu's in the house. Thinking maybe I should just check up on it's integrity when I clean the fins and the filters.

i've had an issue with 1 aio cooler.

one of the three coolit 240mm versions.

the o-ring in the pump block housing leaked.

luckily i noticed it before installation.

there was a silver lining, i got to frankenstein one for an am4 that wasn't compatible with it used a corsair h55 or something pump block and the 240 rad.

Yep, exactly the reason why I don't buy em. Too many points of failure.

This was my stance for a long time, but I eventually relented when I got a corsair H60 on clearance and it has been running happily for 12 months. It does make me much more nervous than an air cooler, but I deal with it as my system is 6 years old and not worth much anyway.

I resorted to a little ghetto modding both of my AIOs for some peace of mind. Since my case has no windows and is hidden under a desk anyway, I don't care what it looks like inside, so a few pounds of industrial hot glue everywhere a potential leak could form and lots of waterproof repair tape means the only failure point would be a hole in the radiator itself.

Back