Corsair Product Marketer Fired with Extreme Prejudice

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
In what can only be described as one of the most heinous crimes of 2018, a yet-to-be-named senior product developer and marketing strategist at Corsair, has been officially released from duty today. His atrocious act? He brought a new product to market without RGB lighting. And to add fuel to the fire, the new RAM is only colored in simple black and white. The horror.

WHERE PERFORMANCE MEETS DESIGN - DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition CONTRAST’s 10-layer PCB is kept cool with purpose-built heat-spreaders and patented DHX cooling technology that helps push your system to the limit. XMP 2.0 support provides quick and easy setup on all modern Intel platforms.

Still don't understand the RGB train. Like I just don't get it at all. I don't even look at my case much, so why would I care about putting a disco in there? >_> That's just distracting and distasteful. For some reason one of my friends did it, at the jokingly self-deprecating comment of a youtuber that said "I think I have a problem." Shrug.

If anything I'd prefer parts with absolutely no lighting. And screw side windows, that's just wasted cooling space. I have occasionally found some lit up setups to be well executed, but they were usually custom loops and didn't entail being a random disco. Having a set theme is kind of important...

62774473.jpg

I actually full-on HATE anything with a ton of RGB lights on it. Why in the world would I want a ton of flashing lights in my PC? It's already pointless enough that my case (a Corsair Air 540) has a window on one side. Now they want me to look at a bunch of flashing lights out of the corner of my eye. Awesome. :rolleyes:
Even if I built another black metal door for my case I'm sure I'd still see the 1980's light show out of the fan holes.

They look better without RBG lighting...

Should be over 3600 for speed though if they are special addition, just saying. ;)

Reactions: Elios
like this
I don't get this RGB crap. Maybe 10 years ago it would have looked cool in an acrylic case when I was still just a kid but nowadays I don't care about fancy lighting like that. My case has no window on it. It's black and red, with some red LED fans in it for accent. That's it. Thought my RAM does actually match my case that was something I never planned out. In fact I got the case after the RAM. So that guy was a revolutionary in today's market.

That's so funny.

I've looked at picking up rgb ram a couple times.

They never once have had it at the size I wanted.

If corse I had a clear case at the time and side panels even now.

Unless there is more to it this is the stupid of the month.

Seriously, all of the manufacturers need to get rid of RGB...whatever the fuck it stands for....People have mercy ....lol

To me, the only potential value of RGB lighting is to set it to a preferred single or mix of colors and leave it; aside from that on my mouse it indicates which profile is active, same for my keyboard.

Black and white, huh? Puts my green to shame, I guess. But I only care what the outside of my case looks like...and even then not so much (though I do prefer black to the old beige). The only lights I care about inside are the various indicator and digital LEDs.
But maybe the new trend is: generic is chic, dark is beautiful and useless features are dead...one can hope.

I hope this is a joke. I think this looks better than all that carebear stare stuff. I honestly never look at my case so I don't get all the fuss about decorating things anyway. When I'm at my computer, I stare at my monitor.

I'm finding lately that looks are more important than compatibility or quality.

And on an semi-unrelated note... Market monitors with dead red green or blue sub-pixels as rgb monitors.

I hold the unpopular opinion that RGB is nice. I don't think I'd spend more than an extra $50 across an entire build to do it though. It's nice to have a build that's fairly mundane (black/white components) and add color with RGB lighting. If you decide you want a blue themed build, switch your lighting to blue. You want it purple tomorrow, go purple. You end up having a nice looking, themed build without the part restrictions you had at one time.

Not everyone is into themed builds, and that's OK, but what's wrong with wanting a build that performs as well as it looks? Isn't that 80% of the reason people used to mod cases? Hell, most these days are watercooling not to get a higher overclock, but for aesthetic reasons. Who's really pushing voltage these days? For most "overclockers," high end air is sufficient.

For a second I thought this was a serious headline...I was about to say that I actually dig that RAM...

I hold the unpopular opinion that RGB is nice. I don't think I'd spend more than an extra $50 across an entire build to do it though. It's nice to have a build that's fairly mundane (black/white components) and add color with RGB lighting. If you decide you want a blue themed build, switch your lighting to blue. You want it purple tomorrow, go purple. You end up having a nice looking, themed build without the part restrictions you had at one time.

Not everyone is into themed builds, and that's OK, but what's wrong with wanting a build that performs as well as it looks? Isn't that 80% of the reason people used to mod cases? Hell, most these days are watercooling not to get a higher overclock, but for aesthetic reasons. Who's really pushing voltage these days? For most "overclockers," high end air is sufficient.
I like RGB on certain things. It looks amazing on my Kraken X62, but I wouldn't want it blazing on everything on my motherboard. The ambient lighting on my case is also tasteful, and you can turn it off if you want.

I demand RGB on all components. My status depends on it.

In a few years, I may even invest in a case with see-through panels.

I really like that ram it looks nice on that mobo.

i see not reasone for RGB its just a distraction from other apsect of the product

I actually full-on HATE anything with a ton of RGB lights on it. Why in the world would I want a ton of flashing lights in my PC? It's already pointless enough that my case (a Corsair Air 540) has a window on one side. Now they want me to look at a bunch of flashing lights out of the corner of my eye. Awesome. :rolleyes:
Even if I built another black metal door for my case I'm sure I'd still see the 1980's light show out of the fan holes.

So much this. I disable every LED I can except for power and HDD (well, SSD nowdays I guess) activity. All my mobo needs is Q Codes.

I remember the PC LED (and EL and CFL) craze back in the early 00's, everything was getting lit up: case fans, keyboards, CFL fan shrouds/grilles, CFL tubes, EL strips, UV reactive case window decals and paint, etc etc etc.
Before that, it was the black component color: cases, optical and floppy drives, monitors, peripherals, etc and they were going for some crazy money. The exact same 8x CD-ROM in beige that could be had for ~$30 bucks was selling for ~$90-100 just because it had a black faceplate (some were even just spray painted by the reseller!).

And it's rinse/repeat all over again with this RGB LED craze. Pathetic, imo. I want to USE my PC, not put on a light show that would make a 4oJ fireworks exhibition company jealous...

Last edited:

"Also...GET OFF MY LAWN!"

I enjoy RGB lights. I can set the hue of green that I enjoy the most, rather than just the standard "green" you get. I think people have forgotten that it doesn't have to be all disco and flashy just because "RGB".

I like RGB on certain things. It looks amazing on my Kraken X62, but I wouldn't want it blazing on everything on my motherboard. The ambient lighting on my case is also tasteful, and you can turn it off if you want.

I wouldnt mind if I could set the various LEDs to light according to useage stats or temperature...that would be cool looking and actually somewhat useful.

I enjoy RGB lights. I can set the hue of green that I enjoy the most, rather than just the standard "green" you get. I think people have forgotten that it doesn't have to be all disco and flashy just because "RGB".

Damn, now I have the urge to build a rig with a rotating disco ball in the case!

Still don't understand the RGB train. Like I just don't get it at all...
Generational.

It has its uses for adults too though if you get past the kneejerk aversion. Like my GPU LEDs have been set to glow according their temperature, green into yellow, and start to transition into red if theyre too hot (indicating cooling problem or afterburner didn't kick in their fan profile). Now I can't live without it.

Last edited:
Still don't understand the RGB train. Like I just don't get it at all. I don't even look at my case much, so why would I care about putting a disco in there?

It makes a good night light if you've got a clear panel? (My mobo, for some reason, doesn't shut off the leds on the RAM when you put it to sleep.)

My case does not have a window yet I still have 3 RGB products in there for some reason. Help. Also the power light on the front of the case shines with the intensity of a thousand suns. Stupid blue LEDs. I don't even need to turn my lights on when my pc is powered up.

Pretty much this. I go through phases of orange/purple with white LED's and a fully white case/smoked acrylic. Flashing is a big, big no-no. But I have commitment issues, so...

Back