Corsair Obsidian Series 800D

you rock redbeard!

unfortunately all your (corsairs's) stuff is too expensive for me, but one day... :D

I must say. With the cooperation of Redbeard /w the customers here on [H]. Makes me wanna scrap my Silverstone and jump into an 800D right now.

I appreciate great customer service, and customer appreciation. 99.3% of all companies out there lack this trait.

Silverstone has been good /w me. But my first case from them was a Lemon. I had nothing but problems Left and Right.

Would really love to see Corsair products in Panama. Can't find them anywhere short of a couple kits of ram and a couple of PSU's. The two stores here that carry any cases at all stick with Cooler Master and Thermaltake moslty :(. I'd love an 800D, H50, and new PSU among other things from Corsair. I have nothing but good experiences with their products...it's just quality.

I must say. With the cooperation of Redbeard /w the customers here on [H]. Makes me wanna scrap my Silverstone and jump into an 800D right now.

I appreciate great customer service, and customer appreciation. 99.3% of all companies out there lack this trait.

I couldnt agree more Z06.

Do it! IMHO the best case on the market. I'm super picky and this thing is great, best PC purchase I've made in a very long time.

Do it! IMHO the best case on the market. I'm super picky and this thing is great, best PC purchase I've made in a very long time.

Few things holding me back

1. I paid $200+ for my silverstone
2. I have a brand new, un-opened ABS Black Pearl
3. Redbeard Autograph isnt included. :(

Oof (and haha on the Redbeard autograph).

My advice is to return the ABS Black Pearl and keep the Silverstone until your next major mobo/CPU upgrade. That is the reasonable response. The unreasonable "don't give a fuck" response is to go for it anyway and sell the Silverstone, but hey, its not my money. :)

At one point I had a Rocketfish, ABS Black Pearl, 800d, HAF922, K7B and I'm sure some other cases...

Gonna try to sell the ones I'm not using locally... but I have a feeling I'll be pissed if I sell the ABS and decide I want to use it later on... was $90 for a LianLi v2000 essentially...

yeah...corsair has awesome support and I buy corsair whenever I can. Had to get rid of the 800D cause it was too big/heavy but I do like it more than my FT02....

Oof (and haha on the Redbeard autograph).

My advice is to return the ABS Black Pearl and keep the Silverstone until your next major mobo/CPU upgrade. That is the reasonable response. The unreasonable "don't give a fuck" response is to go for it anyway and sell the Silverstone, but hey, its not my money. :)

Id return the ABS Black Pearl, but Its been about 7-8 months since i bought it off Newegg for like $89 shipped.

And this summer I am Due to rebuild a rig. an 800D sounds good then. :)

Going back to peoples concerns about temps in the 800D. I have now OC'd my CPU to 3.9, (H50 cooler in push/pull. Rear intake.) The CPU fluctuates between 59C-65C depending on the time of day while F@H 24/7.

GPU is 900/1300 (Stock cooler.) and it fluctuates between 69C-74C also while F@H 24/7. (Minus gaming sessions of course.)

I'm just tickled pink with this case/H50.

Going back to peoples concerns about temps in the 800D. I have now OC'd my CPU to 3.9, (H50 cooler in push/pull. Rear intake.) The CPU fluctuates between 59C-65C depending on the time of day while F@H 24/7.

GPU is 900/1300 (Stock cooler.) and it fluctuates between 69C-74C also while F@H 24/7. (Minus gaming sessions of course.)

I'm just tickled pink with this case/H50.

What are your idle temps?

I havent put my sys in the case yet, Have to wait for some other pieces and replacements.

hey guys. i was thinking. for AIR COOLING some guys use the first spot up top as an intake and the back 2 as an exhaust.. well i was thinking if i get a 240 RAD and do those as exhaust on the back 2 spots for fans. and the first spot as an intake, how would that work out?

or should i just get a 360 rad and use them all as exhaust?

It would probably be better to have the bottom and rear as intakes and the top as exhaust.

Edit: I do not know how having to top fans pulling air out of the case while one right next to those is pushing air in will effect cooling at all. The two exhausting the air out will just pull the fresh air from the intake fan right back ot of the case. Using the single bottom and rear as intakes will at least push air across most of the motherboard and components before being exhausted by the three uppers.

What are your idle temps?

I havent put my sys in the case yet, Have to wait for some other pieces and replacements.

Both GPU and CPU are in the mid 40s. This q9550 was always 38-40C at idle even on stock. It's the C1 revision not the better E0.

P.S.

I use 3 GT's as exhausts on top and the rear as intake. The rear top fan blows hotter air than the front two as it's sucking the H50's exhaust straight out instead of pushing futher into the case.

I just bought one of these cases, too bad it's on back order from Amazon and I have no clue when it will get here since Amazon doesn't have any idea when they will get them in. I'll report back with pictures and temps once I get all my stuff installed.

There are a few products on the market that include both fan controllers and card reader capabilities on the same 5.25" device.

You know, I had considered that once. So I googled up a list of combination fan controller/card reader bay devices. And whaddya know :eek: most of them got pretty lousy reviews for the card readers. :mad:

Well, in my book, if a feature doesn't work well, it doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Just my thoughts on a Friday evening.

I just recently finished my Water cooling build in the Corsair Obsidian case. Overall the thing is awesome, it allows tons of room for water cooling & has mos of the options I need covered. here are some images of my before & finished case.

Before:

DSC00374.jpg

After:
final_lights_small.jpg

I bought this case knowing I was going to buy 2 GTX 480's and put them on water, so I have a bit more modding to do and adjusting so when i actually can get EVGA's GTX 480 HC FTW cards I can drop them right in and get them going.

Amazing case, I wish Corsair had discounts for building new comps using all Corsair parts haha.

I would love to buy this case but its about 2 inches too tall to fit under my desk. Any plans on making shorter versions in the near future? ~ 21 inch h

Amazing case, I wish Corsair had discounts for building new comps using all Corsair parts haha.

I would love to buy this case but its about 2 inches too tall to fit under my desk. Any plans on making shorter versions in the near future? ~ 21 inch h

Just mod your desk! Mine will fit pretty snug under my desk, but I will make it fit. I am literally sitting at my desk staring at the front door waiting for UPS to drop it off.

Old college textbooks do a great job at raising a desks height:)

Haha I actually thought about shoving papers under the desk to raise it up some last night after I wrote that. The desks foot print looks like this however, so it would either need a lot of books or else be unstable: ] |

Besides, having it not fit gives me some sanity about buying a case for 300 dollars. Must resist......

Haha I actually thought about shoving papers under the desk to raise it up some last night after I wrote that. The desks foot print looks like this however, so it would either need a lot of books or else be unstable: ] |

Besides, having it not fit gives me some sanity about buying a case for 300 dollars. Must resist......

Buy a bunch of them and then stack them so that they create a desk!

Okay, that's a bit crazy.

Mine just showed up!!! I'm so stoked, I'm gonna put it together after work and family dinner, and I will be posting pictures. This thing is absolutely MASSIVE! It's a little crazy how big it is, I couldn't even get it in the back seat of my car (Honda Civic) still in the box, I had to stuff it in the trunk, and it fills up my whole trunk.

I was thinking about selling my Antec 1200 and going with the 800D, I know it has much better cable management, besides that what are the other benifits of this case.

I just got everything installed and set up, and my one complaint is that one of my hotswap bays seems to be broken? Or maybe one of the cables I received with the case is bad, I'm doing to do some more research, but my top hotswap bay does not work at all. The cable management is absolutely amazing, and the airflow is pretty good as well (I added 2 120mm fans at the top as exhaust).

I just got everything installed and set up, and my one complaint is that one of my hotswap bays seems to be broken? Or maybe one of the cables I received with the case is bad, I'm doing to do some more research, but my top hotswap bay does not work at all. The cable management is absolutely amazing, and the airflow is pretty good as well (I added 2 120mm fans at the top as exhaust).

Congrats, I plan on getting this case very soon..

I now officially take back the negative comments about the hotswap bays, it seems that one of my backplanes had bent connectors, and with a little fiddling it now works again! YAY! I'll post pics in a little bit when I get my camera.

Heres the 800D Mnpctech just finished for Hardware Canucks. We modified the case for 420 radiator in top and HWC logo window. The paint is HoK Candy Apple Red.

700D_800D_corsair_obsidian_paint3.jpg

700D_800D_corsair_obsidian_paint4.jpg

700D_800D_corsair_obsidian_paint5.jpg

Heres the 800D Mnpctech just finished for Hardware Canucks. We modified the case for 420 radiator in top and HWC logo window. The paint is HoK Candy Apple Red.

700D_800D_corsair_obsidian_paint3.jpg

700D_800D_corsair_obsidian_paint4.jpg

700D_800D_corsair_obsidian_paint5.jpg

You guys always do a great job - it looks awesome.

hey redbeard question for you
what are the RPM ratings for the fans that come with the 800D the one thats on my HDD bay seems low 700rpm the other 2 are around 1000rpm

hey redbeard question for you
what are the RPM ratings for the fans that come with the 800D the one thats on my HDD bay seems low 700rpm the other 2 are around 1000rpm

Fans are usually +/- a few hundred RPM based on conditions. The normal RPM is around 900 -1000 or so. I've seen them dip into the 700s/800s occasionally. They're designed to provide a nice balance of airflow with low noise, but low noise is the focus. Certainly, upgrading them to higher-RPM would increase cooling performance but also would produce more noise.

Fans are usually +/- a few hundred RPM based on conditions. The normal RPM is around 900 -1000 or so. I've seen them dip into the 700s/800s occasionally. They're designed to provide a nice balance of airflow with low noise, but low noise is the focus. Certainly, upgrading them to higher-RPM would increase cooling performance but also would produce more noise.

its just with the hotswap bays full they get kinda warm like 45 to 50 it would be nice to have bit more cooling on them and that fan seems to 300rpm slower then the other 2 guess i can get a new one for wanted to make sure 700 was normal for that one

Heres my newly put together Corsair Obsidian 800D:

I am so far, Loving it, Except for the tool-less system, I had 2 of them pop off when I tried to secure a burner.

So far the temps are pretty darn good using the Corsair H50.

Temperatures
Motherboard 30 °C (86 °F)
CPU 20 °C (68 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 29 °C (84 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 29 °C (84 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3 40 °C (104 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4 38 °C (100 °F)

Are these good temps?

My humble effort :)

System Spec:
Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair
Supermicro X8DAi Rev2
Intel Westmere X5680 CPU's
HX1000 PSU
12GB DDR3-1333 Non ECC
32GB Intel Extreme SSD
2x 2TB Western Digital Sata Drives
2x XFX ATI 5970 Black Edition Crossfire

Watercooling Spec:
HWLabs SR-1 360 X-Flow
HWLabs SR-1 240
Heatkiller CPU Blocks
EK FC5970 GPU Blocks
MIPs RAM Freezer 5 Blocks
Laing DDC Pumps
XSPC Dual Bay Pump/Res
Various BP Fittings & Grills
Touch Screen TFT
Reeven Fans

corsair_800d_3.jpg

corsair_800d_17.jpg

corsair_800d_16.jpg

My humble effort :)

System Spec:
Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair
Supermicro X8DAi Rev2
Intel Westmere X5680 CPU's
HX1000 PSU
12GB DDR3-1333 Non ECC
32GB Intel Extreme SSD
2x 2TB Western Digital Sata Drives
2x XFX ATI 5970 Black Edition Crossfire

Watercooling Spec:
HWLabs SR-1 360 X-Flow
HWLabs SR-1 240
Heatkiller CPU Blocks
EK FC5970 GPU Blocks
MIPs RAM Freezer 5 Blocks
Laing DDC Pumps
XSPC Dual Bay Pump/Res
Various BP Fittings & Grills
Touch Screen TFT
Reeven Fans

corsair_800d_3.jpg

corsair_800d_17.jpg

corsair_800d_16.jpg

You really need to get an xfx PSU in there to complete the look! Don't see many yellow cases, very cool!

very nice sir love the look
ever even thought about putting in a rad in the bottom like that

Back