Corsair Obsidian 800D

Guys,

I bought this case in 2010 or 2011 I believe and I'm not seeing it around anymore. I know cases have really evolved into going bigger but when I saw this case for the first time I was blown away... I'm sure many of you were as well. What have you really seen take off in comparison to my case?

Thx,

dc

TriSLiBeastCompleted-1-1.jpg

BeastFrontDisplay-2.jpg

BeastBlur-1.jpg

Your case was made of higher quality than what's being released now from Corsair and others.
Depending on your budget you can now try Silverstone, Lian Li or Caselabs. I went with Caselabs and Silverstone.

Some will recommend recently released stuff, but the plastic and steel on those cases will leave you wanting more.

I played with the 900D at Fry's last week and the build quality seems excellent. It was sitting next to an 800D which I didn't bother with but it is definitely a larger case.

I previously had a Mountain Mods UFO case and while the build quality was good it was a pain in the ass to build in. Just too tight for all the watercooling gear I had. They have some newer solutions now though and it may be worth looking into them as well as the other manufacturers listed above.

The Phanteks Enthoo Primo looks great (similar in size to a 900D) but I haven't seen one in person and can't comment on build quality.

Guys,

I bought this case in 2010 or 2011 I believe and I'm not seeing it around anymore. I know cases have really evolved into going bigger but when I saw this case for the first time I was blown away... I'm sure many of you were as well. What have you really seen take off in comparison to my case?

Thx,

dc

I think the problem is two fold. 1. The 800D was a horrible case for air cooling. 2. I think people creating their own loops are starting to getting so good at cable routing a case as big as that isn't as important as it used to be and more and more reasonable cases are watercooling (240 and 280 mount points) friendly. You used to have maybe 5 cases that would work without modding. But now with so many people jumping on an H100 or the like, just about every enthusiast case is taking it into account (heck I am installing one in my mITX ncase M1). So its a giant case that was built pretty well but is pretty pricy, but not very special.

I liked the 800D at the time because it was one of the larger cases. Now its too small to build in... and routing, I still had too many wires coming out of the one side it was almost impossible to get the second door back on. That's why I am looking at CaseLabs. Nice and roomy.

I liked the 800D at the time because it was one of the larger cases. Now its too small to build in... and routing, I still had too many wires coming out of the one side it was almost impossible to get the second door back on. That's why I am looking at CaseLabs. Nice and roomy.

Good choice. The STH10 is one of their more popular cases, next to the M8 and MH10.
The upcoming Caselabs S8 is a preview of the Gemini Series coming later this year, which will be huge even more modular cases.
The reason why I recommended them to you because it sounds like you wanted a case that will last for years. CL support their cases with additional options that continues to add new life to your case.

Here are a few Caselab reviews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDTBHVIJiA

Good choice. The STH10 is one of their more popular cases, next to the M8 and MH10.
The upcoming Caselabs S8 is a preview of the Gemini Series coming later this year, which will be huge even more modular cases.
The reason why I recommended them to you because it sounds like you wanted a case that will last for years. CL support their cases with additional options that continues to add new life to your case.

Here are a few Caselab reviews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDTBHVIJiA

Thanks man appreciate it.

Back