Corsair Obsidian 800D: $273.99 @Amazon

Redshirt #24

2[H]4U
This deal is probably warm at best (okay, maybe a little above if you have Amazon Prime shipping), but hey--they have this monstrosity in stock and it's cheaper than just about everybody else.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
One of the best looking cases ever, hands down, IMHO. Very clean, very classy, no bling or light up fans. Some might find it boring, but I can't get enough of this case and will have one! :D

My biggest issue with the case is that there is not enough intake fans to create a positive pressure environment inside the case.

My biggest issue with the case is that there is not enough intake fans to create a positive pressure environment inside the case.

I set two of the top fans to intake and only one as exhaust on mine. So far no problems with ventilation and temps. :)

One of the best looking cases ever, hands down, IMHO. Very clean, very classy, no bling or light up fans. Some might find it boring, but I can't get enough of this case and will have one! :D

I agree. I've been lusting over this case for 6 months now. Just can't pull the trigger...

I've been monitoring daily the shipping status of the 700D and I can tell you that this 800D is priced this way every day and has been this for months.

Still the best family of cases available of course =)

If I didnt have a nice TJ09 sitting here I'd snag that 800D In a heartbeat.

I like my TJ09 so I'll keep it for now, but if they put out a successor to the 800D that's even better, well then I'll just have to get it. ;)

i will buy one when it reaches nearer the 200 mark or a deal that comes bundled with one of their PSU's

fuck it. I hate you bastards. You're going to make me retire old.

this is one motherfreaking heavy case, at 44lb shipping weight... wtf ... be nice if its made of aluminum instead of cheap steel painted black...

First case window I have seen that doesn't look cheesy. Good black sleek look too.

Still I prefer smaller cases so that they are easier to carrier around ~ I go for what is just big enough to fit what I need. Also I'd have to be in the money to pay that much for a case.

i dont see how this case is 300$ i bought my antec 1200's for 120 shipped and they look like they have same airflow or more? maybe this case is two inches taller? seems like a waste with out anything special that i could see. (tho the trap door for the cpu was cool for future upgrades etc)

i dont see how this case is 300$ i bought my antec 1200's for 120 shipped and they look like they have same airflow or more? maybe this case is two inches taller? seems like a waste with out anything special that i could see. (tho the trap door for the cpu was cool for future upgrades etc)

The Corsair fanboys are gonna have a field day with you. It's funny to read really, when ppl can call other stuff "only dumbfucks would buy" (and not be labelled as a troll, but this post will be seen as one) but then oh here comes the 800penis and it's the best buy of their life and you'd be a retard to say anything else less than grand about it (and if you don't like it = troll troll troll/report+cry to mods!!; but talking shit about anything else is A-OK)

Just wait for it.

well i would hope it puts it to shame at over double the price. I own a few of the antec 1200's my brother owns a few antec 1200s as well, If i saw a huge improvment i couldnt live with out with a 300$ case id buy it possibly but i only see the cpu backplate hinge to be the improvement (the psu is in a diff section but that doesnt help anything) ill go check a review i guess

Ok checked the review and looks like it would be slightly better if you had triple rad mounted on the top your pc since it has the handy 3 120mm slots, other than that i see the front door with plastic clip and hot swap drive trays a bad thing i can just picture little kids taking the hard drives out and using them for stacking blocks on the carpet =P

Last edited:
Argh, wish I had the dough for this case. That steel would be a PITA to carry around for LAN parties though.

Argh, wish I had the dough for this case. That steel would be a PITA to carry around for LAN parties though.

ArnoldSchwarzenegger.jpg

I initially thought the 800D was an aluminum case. Can't believe they are charging $300 for a steel case!!!! It is a functional case, but my Black Pearl is too and it is a Lian-Li rebadge (and aluminum). Not to mention I got it for $75 a year ago. I got a watercooling setup and my current case all for less than what the Corsair 800D costs.

If you have the money and what the extra e-peen length, be my guest; but I will steer clear and just mod my current case (cause that makes it uber-more [H] anyway)!

cant beleive i bit on this awesome deal. anybody want to buy the perfectly good antec 900 case in my sig ? lol

well i would hope it puts it to shame at over double the price. I own a few of the antec 1200's my brother owns a few antec 1200s as well, If i saw a huge improvment i couldnt live with out with a 300$ case id buy it possibly but i only see the cpu backplate hinge to be the improvement (the psu is in a diff section but that doesnt help anything) ill go check a review i guess

Ok checked the review and looks like it would be slightly better if you had triple rad mounted on the top your pc since it has the handy 3 120mm slots, other than that i see the front door with plastic clip and hot swap drive trays a bad thing i can just picture little kids taking the hard drives out and using them for stacking blocks on the carpet =P

Dude, I own an Antec 1200 too and it's not the greatest case in the world. It's a bastard to clean, there is a ton of plastic, the build quality isn't all that great (drive bays, front and top panels really stand out for poor build quality), cable management is horrific, and the fans that come with it are garbage. Also forget about water cooling with the 1200.

I picked up a 1200 when it was released for $140 and have been happy with it but I wouldn't compare it to one of these high end cases. I would rather spend the extra $50 over a 1200 for a far superior ATCS840.

Dude, I own an Antec 1200 too and it's not the greatest case in the world. It's a bastard to clean, there is a ton of plastic, the build quality isn't all that great (drive bays, front and top panels really stand out for poor build quality), cable management is horrific, and the fans that come with it are garbage. Also forget about water cooling with the 1200.

I picked up a 1200 when it was released for $140 and have been happy with it but I wouldn't compare it to one of these high end cases. I would rather spend the extra $50 over a 1200 for a far superior ATCS840.

Dude wheres my car. I never said it was better then this 300$ case i said how would spend 300 on a case and looks like tons others agree and even you agree that you would buy a atcs840 (no idea what kinda case that even is) dont see you saying you own this case heh. If i had to much money and wanted to waste it i would buy a 800D but the antec 1200's i own work fine for me and have tons of fans and build quality is great.

Ok looked at 840 its a old coolermaster with 2x230mm top fans (cool idea) but its doesnt even perform as well as a 100$ 932 in ANY ASPECT and doesnt have a window so wouldnt consider it.

I own an Antec 1200 and have none of the issues you're describing. Cleaning wise I just pop off the side panel and use my air compressor and goodbye dust (I never really have to pop off the front dust collectors, so that saves a bit of time) as far as build quality goes I find the case to be exceptionally well built and durable. As far as cable management goes I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, the case has tons of room, tons of cut outs to run wires and is a joy to work with.

Finally I find the fans to perform quite well at low, medium or high, they aren't loud and they move quite a bit of air, and the air duct fan (optional) is nice giving my CPU/Ram more cooling. The water cooling aspect I have no idea about as I've never used water nor do I intend to.

I own an Antec 1200 and have none of the issues you're describing. Cleaning wise I just pop off the side panel and use my air compressor and goodbye dust (I never really have to pop off the front dust collectors, so that saves a bit of time) as far as build quality goes I find the case to be exceptionally well built and durable. As far as cable management goes I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, the case has tons of room, tons of cut outs to run wires and is a joy to work with.

Finally I find the fans to perform quite well at low, medium or high, they aren't loud and they move quite a bit of air, and the air duct fan (optional) is nice giving my CPU/Ram more cooling. The water cooling aspect I have no idea about as I've never used water nor do I intend to.

Really? How do you clean the top fan? Replacing that would be a nightmare/ How do you pop off the front and top plastic parts? I don't feel like having to drill out rivets. Where can I hide all of my Sata cables in the case or any other cables for that matter? Other than behind the motherboard there is no place to hide cables. The drive bays are a joke, well the fan holders really. Two screws that can easily strip out the crappy plastic that they screw into. Nevermind the rattle if you put in higher speed fans or occasionally having to tap the side panel also due to rattling.

Also the 1200 is gaudy. It's not bad looking (looks better than that awful HAF) and it does the job but is by no means a high end case. The build quality is adequate not "great". I want to replace it at some point but it does a good enough job for what I need right now. I can't justify replacing it at this point in time.

To the other dude. I don't see how spending $300 on a quality case that will out last the rest of the hardware in it while holding it's value is a bad investment.

Really? How do you clean the top fan? Replacing that would be a nightmare/ How do you pop off the front and top plastic parts? I don't feel like having to drill out rivets. Where can I hide all of my Sata cables in the case or any other cables for that matter? Other than behind the motherboard there is no place to hide cables. The drive bays are a joke, well the fan holders really. Two screws that can easily strip out the crappy plastic that they screw into. Nevermind the rattle if you put in higher speed fans or occasionally having to tap the side panel also due to rattling.

Also the 1200 is gaudy. It's not bad looking (looks better than that awful HAF) and it does the job but is by no means a high end case. The build quality is adequate not "great". I want to replace it at some point but it does a good enough job for what I need right now. I can't justify replacing it at this point in time.

To the other dude. I don't see how spending $300 on a quality case that will out last the rest of the hardware in it while holding it's value is a bad investment.

Ha, my top fan on my antec 900 broke and I ended up throwing it away and splurging on the 800d.....my only gripe with the 800d is its MASSIVE and I threw my back out moving it in to a tight space. Other than that it is an amazing case and the trap door was above and beyond amazing when it came to installing watercooling...I cannot recommend the case enough, there are so many great things about it that really make it worth the investment.

Ha, my top fan on my antec 900 broke and I ended up throwing it away and splurging on the 800d.....my only gripe with the 800d is its MASSIVE and I threw my back out moving it in to a tight space. Other than that it is an amazing case and the trap door was above and beyond amazing when it came to installing watercooling...I cannot recommend the case enough, there are so many great things about it that really make it worth the investment.

You threw away a antec 900? never had one of those but sounds wasteful.. I just bought the 700D thnx to others recommendations (gunna give it away prob or replace one my 1200's with it. Funny how you would throw out your back moving a case! hahahahahahah

Back