Corsair May Be Developing Gaming Monitors

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A job posting at Indeed.com has revealed that Corsair is seeking product managers for monitors, which would imply that the company is pretty serious about getting into the display business. Past history would suggest that they will begin targeting the higher end: expect a gaming monitor with some level of RGB flair.

The listing reveals that Corsair's foray into monitors is still at a nascent stage, and it still needs to figure out a strategy to approach this market. We give it at least a year before Corsair can have a product lineup. Knowing Corsair, it could adopt a bottom-down approach, with a high-end product launch first.

Next logical step for them I guess. Hope they actually push the boundaries and finally release shit people have been waiting for. Tho it is proabably going to be a year before they release anything.

I want them to curate or develop a very high quality VA panel running 120 Hz, 1440p, HDR. Have it support GSync and Freesync via a toggle switch on the back (ZOMG, unpossible!).

wait are they developing? R&D or buying panels from LG or samsung and mainboards and just slapping Corsair name on the monitor?
Not a chance in hell Corsair is doing R&D for panel production and either doing it in-house or outsourcing it. That investment alone would likely cost them more than their company is worth for the sake of producing panels for gaming monitors and nothing else. Anyone expanding into panel production at this point either already has a crapload of R&D invested into it or already has fabs up and running.

Corsair is a branding company. They don't make their coolers, they don't make most of their peripherals, they weren't making their power supplies for the longest time(and I doubt they are now), and it's not like they've really ever made their own RAM either.

Just create a 40"+ 120Hz 4K monitor with Freesync and they'll have everyone's attention.

If they roll out the same 27-30" nonsense, they're DOA to me.

So it'll be an Asus ROG looking monitor with flashing, pulsing xmas lights all over?

I for one hope it is true. I realize it will come down to whatever panels they can buy, but if I recall Corsair has good customer service. Probably a step up from ASUS and Acer anyways. For a monitor I don't think they'd be stupid enough to put LEDs on it because you look at the screen itself and lights can reflect onto it, but who knows...

wait are they developing? R&D or buying panels from LG or samsung and mainboards and just slapping Corsair name on the monitor?

So you suggest ASUS , ACER and DELL have their own panel manufacturing capabilities?
The product will be as good as the company sourcing the parts is willing to pay for
so if we get another premium product to compete with ROG and Predator monitors , and maybe bring prices down a bit i`m all for it.

it will probably be cheap as hell and then they will add some branding and some rgb crap and charge premium for it.

I half expect their first gaming monitor to have severe backlight bleeding, be it from decorative RGB lights or because of just poor design.

It'll do everything else perfectly though.

I've decided for now... fuck gaming monitors.

It feels like I am in the game now, however with the HDR, looking into the sun in Farcry 5 is like looking into the sun...
sjZHNc4.jpg

^ what are your settings to get HDR working on PC? I'm having a hell of a time trying to do so with my b7a.

expect a gaming monitor with some level of RGB flair.

yea, few things in life compares to spending $300 - $500 extra over the competition just to get some of that awesome flair stuff

Back