Corsair M60 mini review + G9X comparison

thesecond

[H]ard|Gawd
Picked up one of these today as a replacement for my very well loved G9X.

Weight: With all weights removed, the M60 is lighter than the G9X equipped with the "wide load" grip and no weights. A definite improvement for me as I have been experiencing arm pain using my G9X for very extended gaming marathons.

Size: The M60 is slightly longer and slightly taller than the G9X.It also has a more pronounced forward slant, and a more pronounced rightways slant. The top of the M60 is the texture of the rubberized g9x grip, and the sides are the the texture of the hard "precision" g9x grip. I like the combination. Its also slightly wider at it's widest point.

Feel: The left and right click are very sensitive. The way the mouse slants and positions my hand causes the weight and tension of my middle finger to depress the middle click without any conscious force. I have no issue with the left click.

The rest of the buttons are definitely the nicest i've felt for their positions. ALL of the buttons on this mouse click like regular buttons, this includes the thumb, sniper, middle click, and sensitivity buttons; and all provide auditory and tactile feedback. I love this, definite improvement over the soft sensitivity and side butons on the g9x.

The middle click is also strange in that it is very light and has very little travel distance, much less than any other mouse I have used, it feels like a regular left click. Huge improvement over the g9x which has a very stiff middle click.

The wheel is big, very very big, and has a nice rubberized feel. Has less rotational give than a regular mouse wheel, it either clicks between positions or it doesn't, there is very little wobble room on it, and i like that a lot.

Mouse feet are the same deliciously greasy black pads that the g9x has. More slippery than the pads on my g700 for sure. Corsair made a great choice using this material for the feet, definitely my favorite feet material out there.

The sniper button is well positioned slightly ahead of where my thumb regularly rests, and is stiff enough to prevent misclicks during lifts.

Drivers: are very simple almost to the point of being barren, but they work. You can set your sensitivity much like you can with logitech setpoint, and you can also choose whether to enable or disable the wheel light. An addition over setpoint that the corsair drivers have is the option to change lift off distance. At the smallest liftoff, my mouse will not move on my QCK+, i haven't tried it on my SX yet, so that will be a future test. Right now i have it set to the "medium" liftoff distance, and it is about half of the lift off distance of the G9X. Definite improvement here. Acceleration is not handled by the drivers, which is nice, because it depends on your windows settings.

The drivers do however provide control over seperate horiz/vertical sensitivity axes, angle snapping, polling rate, and a measurement of surface quality. What i find interesting here is that it rates the wooden ikea table as a better surface than my QCK+. It will be very interesting to see how my SX rates.

Overall I love this mouse so far, but the honeymoon is not over. I have to put it through its paces in a week of BF3 to see how I like the shape. That being said, all of the buttons are an improvement, the weight is an improvement, the liftoff distance is an improvement... its overall awesome. Now if only i could turn the gross blue light pink like my g9x.... :)

EDIT: ADDED

So, i've now put this mouse on two different computers, and the settings DO NOT carry with the mouse. It is not like the G9X which has an onboard memory chip to save profiles. The profiles for the corsair are determined by the computer it's plugged into. If there are no drivers or profiles, it defaults to 800/1600/5700DPI settings. What this means is that you need to install the drivers on your LAN party PC's in order to get your low sensitivity settings to work. No biggie though, theyre only like 40 mb or so, and run very quick and light. Probably some of the fastest and lightest gaming peripheral drivers i've used.

ALSO, for surface quality. QCK + = 3/5, SX = 4/5 and Black Ikea Desk = 5/5. Very interesting. Looks like i'll be using this mouse on my bare desk until my C4 Ngen arrives.

Last edited:
I think you mean M60, not K60 :p Does the scroll wheel have left and right scroll clicks? I'm really tempted to pick up this mouse if it fits my grip well.

I think you mean M60, not K60 :p Does the scroll wheel have left and right scroll clicks? I'm really tempted to pick up this mouse if it fits my grip well.

Fixed :p

But no, no left and right scroll clicks. But i never liked those on my g9x anyway, they werent fast enough, and the repeat rate was jerky.

Have one aswell and nothing but great things to say about it. Best mouse I ever used.

My only grip is the sniper button, for precision aiming, it takes too much pressure to depress, often sending my aim off.
other then that, fanfuckingtastic

Have one aswell and nothing but great things to say about it. Best mouse I ever used.

My only grip is the sniper button, for precision aiming, it takes too much pressure to depress, often sending my aim off.
other then that, fanfuckingtastic

Thats interesting, i don't get that at all. But i did get that with the side buttons on my G9X hahaha. I find that the way my hand rests alleviates this problem, because now i can keep my pinky and ring finger against the other side, whereas on my G9X i had those fingers on the mousepad.

Thats interesting, i don't get that at all. But i did get that with the side buttons on my G9X hahaha. I find that the way my hand rests alleviates this problem, because now i can keep my pinky and ring finger against the other side, whereas on my G9X i had those fingers on the mousepad.
Wow, you hold the G9x completely differently than I do. Do you have fairly large hands? I hold the G9x like you hold the M60. I am very interested in the M60, but I am trying to figure out how your hands may differ from my own.

Following up on this.

Mouse is now 13 months old. Scroll wheel no longer functions predictably. It will intermittently scroll down whenever touched, or whenever i roll to scroll up. It wants to go down even when i don't want it to.

Back