CORSAIR Launches New Flagship K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard at CES 2017

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced the new flagship mechanical gaming keyboard, the K95 RGB Platinum. Building on the phenomenal success of CORSAIR mechanical keyboards, the new K95 RGB Platinum combines a trademark CORSAIR anodized aluminum frame with the very latest in premium keyboard technologies to redefine what gamers can expect from a high-end keyboard.

hey...ummm.. corsair...
you may not have seen my comment in the other thread so... ill put it here too...

quit rejiggering mice and keyboard to have variations on what they already have and spend some time working on something for us who need trackballs. mmkay? thanks.... appriciate it. love the void by the way... great headset...

/edit...
ohhh yeah, i almost forgot.. id be okay if you did an ergo version of this... so if you wanted to spend some time doing that before the whole trackball thing that'd be cool too... but uh.. yeah... that trackball thing... lets work on that huh?

If they made their mouse/keyboard products like this wireless then I'd say they are worth getting, but meh.

I still don't get why in the hell they would flip everything on all the keys with shift functions, what kind of crap is that?

If they made their mouse/keyboard products like this wireless then I'd say they are worth getting, but meh.

And then the battery would die while you are gaming and you would be lobbying for wired.

Wireless would also introduce a very small amount of lag, especially for n-key rollover. Generally not something you would want while gaming.

According to Corsair, "You wanted it all. Here it is." Looks to me like they forgot a couple of things.

I held off on buying a K70 to see what they put out at CES. Guess I'll have to wait longer for what I want.

- Volume control (wheel or knob)
- LED illumination (doesn't have to be RGB)
- USB 3.0 pass-through
- Audio pass-through
- Wrist rest
And the one I've been waiting for :
- Cherry MX Silent switches

My Gigabyte Aivia Osmium has it all except the last one, and it's three years old.

Make it wireless with replaceable batteries and I'll buy it. I've never noticed any lag from my wireless Logitech keyboard.

I second the motion for a trackball (preferably wireless). The Logitech M570 is OK, but it doesn't have the outside buttons the Microsoft Trackball Optical has, and those are getting hard to find.

My Logitech G110 has 12 programmable keys with three memory banks for a total of 36 programmable keys.

Um... So... It's a neutered new version of the K95.

Am I supposed to be impressed?

WTF has happened to Corsair. They have gone from being "The Stuff" to being "who the fuck cares?"

Oh, and I'd be MUCH more impressed if they would fix their GD software so you didn't have to hire a rocket scientist to configure your keyboard (or take PTO to do it because it takes so damn long).

Ah we needed more useless lights on our keyboards, with useless marco keys on the left side that just get in the way.

Um... So... It's a neutered new version of the K95.

Am I supposed to be impressed?

WTF has happened to Corsair. They have gone from being "The Stuff" to being "who the fuck cares?"

Oh, and I'd be MUCH more impressed if they would fix their GD software so you didn't have to hire a rocket scientist to configure your keyboard (or take PTO to do it because it takes so damn long).
Corsair Software after the initial WTF turned out very configurable and makes sense and I found powerful. For example lighting effects I customize groups of keys with unique colors. Not so much in the animations, but you can have multiple different animations with different set of keys etc. For me the different coloring aids in quicker selections of keys - just aids there. Lighted keys for me are a necessity because I like the room lights off. Anyways the K65 is my favorite keyboard of all time (at least for now that is).

Back