Corsair Launches H5 SF Low-Profile Liquid CPU Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair has launched the Hydro Series H5 SF low-profile liquid CPU cooler for small form factor systems. The system was originally designed to work with the upcoming Bulldog chassis but works with any mini-ITX motherboard.

Last edited:
the thing just looks cool.

but that fan looks so anemic, and the airflow is 12 - 24 CFM.

still cool though.

Will be more interesting when we find out the precise mm of overhang when its mounted. Searched the website and watched the video but I couldn't find the specs for the overhang of the itx board, especially the left side when viewed from the back. I need to know how much clearance is required around the edge of the itx board before I consider buying one of these. Currently using Silverstone ML07 cases and there may not be enough clearance between the cooler and the side of the case.

Very interesting design. Can't wait to see how it performs.

might work on any micro itx motherboard but its the case where it needs to work with.

I've got a Maximus VI Impact in an InWin 901. I'd like it to fit, but I bet it doesn't...

Just by looking at some mitx cases pics on google it probably doesn't work with majority of them.

Have you built in any itx cases? Both the Silverstone's and the SG05 I have built on; according to the dimensions it should fit fine.

Well have to say that looks rather interesting. Wonder how it's going to work.

This would go great in my Inwin D-frame where I have nowhere to put a standard radiator.

If I de-lid my 4770k and add this I could go back to running 4.7Ghz 24/7 like I did before my old Swiftech H220 took a dump.

I really appreciate the effort Corsair is putting into innovating with their products...they could rest easy on the very solid stuff they make, but they chose to reinvest their earnings into cool stuff like this. I'm looking forward to trying this out when it hits the market.

Horrible placement of the fan, cleaning will be teh suck.

I love it when I see new designs in the PC space.

I would love it even more if good reviews come out of it.

I think it is a pretty nifty design. I'll be interested in seeing how well it works. In reality, I feel it is pretty niche. It seems most itx cases will accept a 120mm fan for an H55 or something similar. It would be a major design flaw, but it looks rather close to the PCIe slot as well (it might be the angle of the photos).

Interesting, although I very much doubt it will perform well with a squirrel-cage fan. Cleaning it and replacing the fan if it fails sounds fun too. I'll be sticking to mostly air coolers myself.

Well, I might buy one just to try it out...

Just saw this when browsing Corsair's site today. Seems pretty neat after watching the video.

Last edited:
Back