CORSAIR Launches BULLDOG 4K Living Room PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
First announced as a prototype at Computex 2015, the CORSAIR BULLDOG set PC enthusiast imaginations racing with the prospect of finally bringing a full-performance, liquid cooled PC into the living room. Continuously developed since and collecting a Best of CES 2016 Honoree distinction, CORSAIR BULLDOG finally realizes the potential of a full-performance liquid-cooled PC in the living room.

Available as both a kit and via select configured systems from Micro Center in North America, BULLDOG includes a trio of innovations right in the box to bring the enthusiast PC to a living-room friendly form factor. Sleek industrial design and a console-sized case fit right in with the rest of your home entertainment gear, the multi-award winning CORSAIR SF600 SFX power supply powers the most ambitious of builds and the low-profile CORSAIR H5SF liquid cooler efficiently cools the CPU. BULLDOG comes with an Intel Z170 mini-ITX motherboard (specific model varies between retailer) right in the box, so all you need to do is add the CPU, memory, graphics card and storage to build a true living room gaming PC, with no compromises on performance. While BULLDOG comes pre-configured for easy assembly and compatibility, it’s also been built with upgrades in mind. Supporting up to three 2.5in SSDs or one 2.5in and one 3.5in HDD mount, BULLDOG carries all the features you’d expect from a CORSAIR case. Builder-friendly layout, tool-free fittings and a standard mini-ITX form factor makes upgrades easy. What’s more, BULLDOG can mount not just the H5SF low-profile CPU cooler, but also a host of compatible all-in-one graphics card liquid-coolers such as the Corsair HG10 and H55, providing the benefits of liquid cooling to not just the CPU, but the power-hungry GPU as well.

That is one ugly mothe... I mean ...case... Not in mine either. I actually have a Lian Li mid-ATX-tower in my living room, but it's completely out of sight.

WTF is up with all the shiny plastic? Please, for the love of all that is holy, make a version with all matte surfaces. Glossy just looks cheap.

So, it's really just a case, of which there are many similar, and there's nothing actually 4K about it.

And yes, it's ugly as sin.

The only use this has is making Corsair build some awesome SFX power supplies which are in my system right now!

That is one ugly ass case. How is it 4k? WTF is going on with Corsair!

You didn't hear. All products must include 4K in the name now. It's the law!

(just like all products had to include HD in the name up until now...)

Pretty soon we'll be seeing products like 4K Sunglasses! This is a very exciting time!! :p

But does the case do HDR 4k@60 or will I have to upgrade the case next year?

My lord, HTPC cases like Silverstone's at least look like receivers or integrated amps, this thing is atrocious!

But does the case do HDR 4k@60 or will I have to upgrade the case next year?

My lord, HTPC cases like Silverstone's at least look like receivers or integrated amps, this thing is atrocious!

Yeah, I had one of the nicer Silverstone's in my living room until I started using video cards that didn't fit well anymore. It was really nice looking. Now I just use a tower, but I have to keep it hidden.

I'm kinda interested in the lapdog peripheral, but yeah, as for the bulldog itself - ugly, and not the 'cute-ugly' typical of an actual bulldog.

If it isn't playing Crysis, I ain't touching it. Maybe I can put it next to my 10k desk.

Another case (pun unintended) of where marketing has totally misspoken and executives approved advertisements without going over the fine details.

Slapping 4k in the product ad yet at the same time saying the purchaser must add their own parts is ridiculous. Imagine somebody buying into the ad, purchasing the case, adding parts from their old H6/7/etc based chipset motherboard, 7000 series AMD or 6000 series nVidia graphics card pulled from their old system, firing it up then quickly realizing they can't run games at 4k then bitch to high heaven.

"But...but...but the ad said I could run 4k!!!!"

We all know the uninformed will do exactly as described.

The only 4k element I see in the ad is the render of the case.

Damn, I must be getting crotchety in my old age. :p

Edit: From my point of view, disregarding advertising, the case looks cool yet funky. I do like the aesthetic vibe and the case would be a good addition to my environment.

Last edited:
still unclear on the GPU liquid cooling even on the Corsair website it hints at the radiator being outside the case for the GPU...

If not this is a major step in the right direction for SFF builds that rival console footprints.

still unclear on the GPU liquid cooling even on the Corsair website it hints at the radiator being outside the case for the GPU...

If not this is a major step in the right direction for SFF builds that rival console footprints.

Functionally maybe. Aesthetically... :vomit:

Wow, they made it worse with PVD. Also, what makes this 4K? Getting tired of things being labeled 4K, as if that is some kind of performance metric all on its own.

Maybe it's not PVD, some of the shots make it look chrome.

4K is the new 2K :p It's not going to go away until the year 4000!!!

Gross. Looks too much like the Phantom Console.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in quite a long time lol.

I wasn't too much a fan of the original case but I do prefer that design over the new one. They should have stuck with brushed aluminum like with the Obsidian series of cases.

Edit: I guess you could do this to your case panels:

Last edited:
Back