Corsair Lapdog

PiERiT

2[H]4U
Anyone buying one of these? It's available standalone for $120 or with a keyboard for $200. Throw in a decent mouse and you're at $250.

Lapdog - 4K Living Room Portable Gaming Control Center

Price is pretty steep I think, but what the hell. Mine will be here tomorrow and I'll see how it works. Will also be interesting to see if it works with the XIM4.

Last edited:
Nobody else interested in this? :(

Mine arrived and it's extremely well built and does exactly what it says it does. It's comfortable on the lap, you never notice the cable, and the mousepad is great.

However, it's in desperate need of some wrist rests. Might even be a dealbreaker unless I can figure something out, because it gets uncomfortable within about 20 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm interested, I just have nothing to contribute.
When it's available at a Canadian shop, I'll probably get one. I already have a K60 keyboard that goes in it.

Seems like pretty good idea. I know a few people out there like to use their main TV as their monitor and do a little gaming from the couch. I'm not one of them and my desk and monitor do just fine for me. Wonder how much of a market there will be for these things though.

I found that it's more comfortable, both on the lap and for the wrists, if you don't use the included padding. Seems counter-intuitive but whatever.

I also got it working with the XIM4, which was surprising, so I am really very happy with it.

I bought the razer turret and love it for what it is. No complaints

I'm a little bit interested (since you can use any KB/M setup) but find it to be a little clumsy and not quite ideal. My G700 and Logitech wireless KB on some tray tables is still the gold standard to me.

I game from the couch with just a Logitech K800 sitting in my lap and G700 on a soft mouse-pad beside me. It's extremely comfortable - I really don't see any need for improving that setup. A large piece of clutter like this lap-desk would just get in the way and impede my movement if I want to move around/in/out of my seat.

$250 for their K70 kb and mouse is a little steep. for me.

I like the Razer turret design better and read that the mouse pad + mouse is magnetized.

I definitely like the Turret design better, but I'm not a fan of the mouse they include. It's pretty bare bones.
If these products are gaming-focused, I'm going to need something akin to a G700, G900, G502, G602, etc. Something that has a lot of gaming-focused buttons.
I know I'm an exception, but I need some (real) arrow keys, too.
I think that's why I like the idea of the Lapdog. You can essentially use any gear you want, including the zillions of wired KB/M setups.
IMO, the price point is really where they lost me. It should probably cost less than 1/2 what they're charging and I'd like it to be a bit wider for my own personal tastes. I've gotten used to a wide setup.

Take a pillow and put it on your lap. Then a flat piece of wood on top of the pillow or flat piece of smooth aluminum. Then your keyboard and mouse. I just saved you $250. I've been using a similar setup while playing overwatch with a tiny logitech K400 and a full size mouse. Gets the job done quite well.

Last edited:
Back