Corsair Keyboards?

They seem too busy. I'll need to see them in person before I make a final call on them though.

At least it's nice to see mechanical keyboards becoming more popular!

Yes it is. There are no less than five models at Microcenter at any given time and at least two or more over at Fry's Electronics. They are definitely coming back into popularity.

Hopefully this will get more people to try out mechanical keyboards. I personally don't care for the looks or textured keycaps, but some people might. The price is actually really reasonable for a cherry red keyboard. The aluminum low profile chassis is kind of cool.

Curiously, the volume control on the first keyboard looks an awful lot like the volume control on my G510.

Then I saw the 18 "G" keys on the MMO keyboard.

I know Logitech will ODM products for companies (Alienware TactX) but Corsair seems more like an upstart competitor than a "partner".

Coincidence?

They look pretty nice, but a little too flashy/gamerish for me. I like the simplistic look for a Leopold Tenkeyless more.

Nice price for a full sized cherry red keyboard with no need to import from China.

Still waiting for the first mechanical keyboard with detachable numpad - these would fly off the shelves.

I like, but am addicted to tenkeyless boards. If Corsair makes one, I'll give it a chance replace my Filco.

They look pretty nice, but a little too flashy/gamerish for me. I like the simplistic look for a Leopold Tenkeyless more.

loving my leopold I just got. These "gaming" mech keyboards are just too....flashy....
Cooler master has one coming out soon to with a choice of switches depending on region.

loving my leopold I just got. These "gaming" mech keyboards are just too....flashy....
Cooler master has one coming out soon to with a choice of switches depending on region.

Leopolds are real nice, i got the cherry blues otaku version. Real nice ahha. Back on topic tho, these keyboards has potential in the mech gaming market.:D

Cool... I was looking for a mechanical replacement for my G15 but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. Glad I waited a bit.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but these things really do look great in person. Don't take my word for it - when they start showing up at local stores, do yourself a favor and walk through the keyboard aisle and check one out. It's a huge slab of brushed aluminum, very elegant key design and spacing, and that's it. The red keys are optional, as are the wrist-wrests. I've been using the K60 and M60 at home for about three weeks - very nice. Replaced my G19 and G7 with them, and don't miss a thing.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but these things really do look great in person. Don't take my word for it - when they start showing up at local stores, do yourself a favor and walk through the keyboard aisle and check one out. It's a huge slab of brushed aluminum, very elegant key design and spacing, and that's it. The red keys are optional, as are the wrist-wrests. I've been using the K60 and M60 at home for about three weeks - very nice. Replaced my G19 and G7 with them, and don't miss a thing.

how solid are the current drivers? and do they use the standard cherry MX keycap design?

RB - Any chance of a tenkeyless version?

I would really like the look if the aluminum were anodized black, rather than silver.

Been waiting for a new gaming mouse, especially for FPS. Love corsair, so I just may get that mouse!

Any idea when they'll show up at stores? Also, I'd love the idea of a tenkeyless keyboard, too.

Really like the brushed aluminum look.

What I would be curious to know is if those rubber keys on the K60 would be purchasable separately down the line if/when the rubber or etched markings on top wear out.

On every 'gaming' keyboard I have owned eventually the keys wear down and it looks horrible. I end up having to replace the keyboard as the keys are never sold separately.

I saw the thread title and thought "please have a tenkeyless, please have a tenkeyless"

Nope. Bummer.

I'll continue putting money aside for another Leopold.

What I would be curious to know is if those rubber keys on the K60 would be purchasable separately down the line if/when the rubber or etched markings on top wear out.

On every 'gaming' keyboard I have owned eventually the keys wear down and it looks horrible. I end up having to replace the keyboard as the keys are never sold separately.

Thats why I got a filco 'ninja' with the unmarked tops and the letters printed on the side.

Media keys kill it for me. I hate them and probably always will. (Partly due to the added software needed for the keys.) That and I'm not sure about Cherry MX Reds as I really prefer the blues over any other key type I've used in recent years. Though I don't actually use my keyboard to play games. I have and it didn't bother me, especially with headphones on. I use a Belkin / Razer N52 Tournament Edition for all my gaming keyboarding needs.

I'd love to see a Belkin / Razer N52TE / Logitech G13 type device made with Cherry MX reds though. That would be an epic device in my book and an instant buy if the ergonomics didn't suck.

Chance of a blue or brown version coming ?

It looks to be a pretty good keyboard. Especially here in Canada, where the other options are the das (which costs more and isn't as nice), black widow (no thanks razer), steelseries (fucking L shaped enterkey), or buying from abroad ($$$)

Make one with mx brown and i'll buy it as soon as it comes out

Media keys kill it for me. I hate them and probably always will. (Partly due to the added software needed for the keys.)

Most keyboards I've used the media keys work without any software needed.

I don't like the K60 keyboard because it doesn't have backlighting or a normal wrist rest.
I don't like the K90 because it has those extra G keys on the side that make the keyboard too wide for me (I use an n52TE and don't need those keys).

I would have loved something like the K60 with backlighting, a normal wrist rest, and perhaps black aluminum.

Back