Corsair K95 has gone bad

L key is registering intermittently. I started noticing spelling mistakes and then realized it was the l key not registering. It registers sometimes and sometimes types ll instead of l. Hoping to get an advanced RMA done with Corsair but in the mean time bought the Cooler Master QuikFire CM with cherry red switches. Anyone else have problems with their K95s? Bought my K95 back in May of 2013. I also bought a K95 for home use and that one is still kicking so far.

Hello!

your not the only one here... sometimes mmy M types 4 times.. multiplee times or doesnt even work.
like you can see with "mmy", its not even only the M key... its the G,E,and the numpad on 0 even not registering... its really anoying stuff.. last keyboard i have bought from them.

edit : i have an K90

Hello!

your not the only one here... sometimes mmy M types 4 times.. multiplee times or doesnt even work.
like you can see with "mmy", its not even only the M key... its the G,E,and the numpad on 0 even not registering... its really anoying stuff.. last keyboard i have bought from them.

edit : i have an K90

K90 actually had a firmware problem and you can fix it by updating the firmware, although I'm not sure if it fixes the problem you're having.

I have a K95 from launch and it is still going strong. Same for my K90 I got at its launch.

I blew it out yesterday and so far it's been behaving, I'm wondering if it's even worth it to RMA or if it was just dust or some particle causing it to do that?

Do you ever eat around your computer? And the K95 is a red switch, right? Those are linear, so maybe it's easier for stuff to get in there or something.

Do you ever eat around your computer? And the K95 is a red switch, right? Those are linear, so maybe it's easier for stuff to get in there or something.
Rarely eat around the computer since this one is for work. However it does get a tad bit dusty just in general. Yes indeed they are reds. Well thanks for the help, I guess I'll keep my eye on things.

Typing on a k95 right now that I got for christmas. Hopefully everything sorts itself out. I love this keyboard and I'd be said if they turn out to be lemons.

The most likely candidates are the switch contact point leaflets, the solder joints and/or trace leads on the pcb. It's not uncommon for any of these points to have issue (which many don't understand and end up calling the board/manufacturer crap), it's just something you have to expect with any product that has multiple points of failure (PC hardware enthusiasts know this! haha). Best bet is to either return it for a warranty replacement or tinker with it if you have a bit of know how with the soldering iron.

edit: I didn't mention the software/firmware because I would hope that Corsair learned their lesson with firmware on the original K60/90.

The most likely candidates are the switch contact point leaflets, the solder joints and/or trace leads on the pcb. It's not uncommon for any of these points to have issue (which many don't understand and end up calling the board/manufacturer crap), it's just something you have to expect with any product that has multiple points of failure (PC hardware enthusiasts know this! haha). Best bet is to either return it for a warranty replacement or tinker with it if you have a bit of know how with the soldering iron.

edit: I didn't mention the software/firmware because I would hope that Corsair learned their lesson with firmware on the original K60/90.
Yeah it's kinda weird but after blowing out the key with my DataVac it seems to be working fine. You think it is a defect though? Still contemplating RMAing it or not.

Yeah it's kinda weird but after blowing out the key with my DataVac it seems to be working fine. You think it is a defect though? Still contemplating RMAing it or not.

If it's working fine after hitting it with a blower it was most likely something sitting in just the right place on the switch's contact leaflets, so you should be good. :D

Back