Corsair K90 Mechanical Keyboard $89.99 after MIR

CruisD64

2[H]4U
Great deal! I have this keyboard and love it. This is the cheapest I've seen it...

Link

Last edited:
I also have this keyboard and love it. I don't recall what I paid but it was similar to this I think. Worth it.

Thought about posting this myself as it's a decent deal, good on ya.

I was deciding between this and the CM Storm Trigger. I was leaning toward the CM since all the keys are mechanical but the price and other features of the K90 like the discreet, non-function key media controls, aluminum finish, extra macro keys and a few others made up my mind. A caveat I was heeding from others was the height and spacing of the main keys make it less comfortable for typing and other work so if you need/want a keyboard that has a form closer to traditional mech keyboards then it might not be for you.

Thought about posting this myself as it's a decent deal, good on ya.

I was deciding between this and the CM Storm Trigger. I was leaning toward the CM since all the keys are mechanical but the price and other features of the K90 like the discreet, non-function key media controls, aluminum finish, extra macro keys and a few others made up my mind. A caveat I was heeding from others was the height and spacing of the main keys make it less comfortable for typing and other work so if you need/want a keyboard that has a form closer to traditional mech keyboards then it might not be for you.

Yeah. I can attest to that, however you get used to it pretty quick. I think what took the most adjustment for me was how easy it is to press the keys. This is my first mech kb and it took me by surprise...

only thing i really dont like the keyboard is that the space key is not that responsive, maybe i have a defect not sure but you really have to press it on the center of the space bar, if you get close to either side it doesnt register.

I don't own one myself but have heard negative things about the software. Just putting that out there.

Does anyone here have experience on how badly the membrane backspace key affects the pace of typing?

only thing i really dont like the keyboard is that the space key is not that responsive, maybe i have a defect not sure but you really have to press it on the center of the space bar, if you get close to either side it doesnt register.

lol i didnt install any software...

Does anyone here have experience on how badly the membrane backspace key affects the pace of typing?

Isn't that key mechanical? It's on the main body of keys which, along with the number pad, are all mechanical. I think only the border keys, ie the macroes, F-keys and home/Ins/etc cluster are dome.

I'm a little confused by your question. What membrane backspace key are you talking about? The only membrane keys are "Ins, Del, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, Prt Scr, Scroll Lock, Pause Break" and the "G" keys. There is only one backspace key on this keyboard and it's mechanical.

To clear up a few things:

1) The space bar does not have issues, I can press it on the very edge of either side and it slides smoothly and evenly. If yours does not then you have a problem.

2) The Backspace key is mechanical.

3) The list above of membrane keys is not complete. The membrane keys on this keyboard are:

-The Insert/Pg Up/etc block
-The Prtscn/Scroll Lock/Pause keys
-The F keys (F1 through F12)
-The G keys (G1 through G18 on the far left)
-The Esc key

Isn't that key mechanical? It's on the main body of keys which, along with the number pad, are all mechanical. I think only the border keys, ie the macroes, F-keys and home/Ins/etc cluster are dome.

Ah, I didn't realize that said key was mechanical. Thanks for the info.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Last edited:
I wanted to like this keyboard but I ended up return it when I ordered it from Amazon.

I didn't think the membrane keys would bother me that much but it got to me.

I just went with a Filco instead

The membrane keys haven't bothered me in the least on this keyboard. The majority of them are keys you rarely ever use, anyway, especially not while typing so it's not going to trip you up.

I've had this keyboard for a few months, paid just a couple bucks under this, I think its fantastic for the price if you aren't bothered by the membrane keys. You're not gonna find any mechanical for this price with the amount of extra features the K90 has. The volume roller is awesome.

I've had this keyboard for a few months, paid just a couple bucks under this, I think its fantastic for the price if you aren't bothered by the membrane keys. You're not gonna find any mechanical for this price with the amount of extra features the K90 has. The volume roller is awesome.

Yes! The volume roller is one of my favorite features.

I wish the Esc key was mechanical, but overall the membrane keys don't bother me.

filco majestouch 2 w/ cherry mx browns in stock on amazon, f' this corsair nonsense

-typed on filco majestouch 2 w/ cherry mx browns

edit: what the hell? membrane keys? useless (learn to use a computer properly) media keys/gizmos/frankenstein controls? this thing isn't even a mechanical keyboard. what is this strange new contraption uninformed consumers are sucking up and ogling over?!!?! save yourself! buy a filco before it's too late!

I've had this for around one month and I just love it. Big upgrade for me.

filco majestouch 2 w/ cherry mx browns in stock on amazon, f' this corsair nonsense

edit: what the hell? membrane keys? useless (learn to use a computer properly) media keys/gizmos/frankenstein controls? this thing isn't even a mechanical keyboard. what is this strange new contraption uninformed consumers are sucking up and ogling over?!!?! save yourself! buy a filco before it's too late!

Hmm, let's see...yeah, it's only $50 more than this... :rolleyes:

Troll elsewhere please.

sorry that not all of us are keyboard elitists like you :rolleyes: also how are media keys useless? if you don't constantly listen to music n stuff then okay, but for those of us that do, they're essential

Hey, you have to rationalize your purchase decisions somehow.

Very mature... :rolleyes:

Headphones + sound card pretty much make some sort of hardware volume control essential, and pressing Fn + an F key for volume adjustment every day would get on my nerves in about two seconds. I understand that stuff isn't for everyone, just like a backlight isn't for everyone and $70+ mechanical boards aren't for everyone. This is a good deal tho and the K90's only fault are it's few membrane keys... Personally, for the price, I can easily overlook it. Others might be more put off by it.

I think Geekhack might be more your speed, oh that's right, the site got hacked to bits...

Is this that much of a upgrade from my Logitech G510?

*rant snipped*

Seriously? Different tools for different jobs. What makes one happy doesn't always apply to others. Some of us like extra keys (myself included) and some don't (you, obviously). Not sure if you were trying to be funny; because if so, you have failed greatly.

Typed on a nothing special MX5500 kit at work that I didn't pay a dime for. :p

----

Thread in general: have been giving serious thought to picking up a nice mech ASAP. Had numerous Northgate KB's back in the early 90's and always loved the damn things; plus they could easily double as a weapon in a pinch! ;)

The K90 is definitely a solid keyboard (in terms of weight/build quality). I'm very happy with it and don't see any reason to pay $50+ more for "all mechanical" keys.

hmmm are the brown/blue or black quieter?
i tried the razer ultimate at BB and it seemed a bit louder than my current keyboard

hmmm are the brown/blue or black quieter?
i tried the razer ultimate at BB and it seemed a bit louder than my current keyboard

Red, brown, and black are all effectively just as quiet, or loud, the only noticeable noise while using those switches will be from the keys bottoming out... You could argue its potentially easier to get used to not bottoming out with brown's tactile bump (tho personally I barely notice it) or black's stronger resistance, but that's subjective. Blues have an additional clicky noise feedback (and a much more noticeable tactile feedback). The BWU uses blue switches.

ahh i see, damn seems like a great price haha

Lowest I've seen it since the first weekend of April when it was like $85 (20% code + $20 rebate). Second time its been this low since coming out on December I guess, maybe a recurring type of deal. I got my rebate pretty darn quick btw (I got it in April).

Sensing heavy sarcasm. Maybe? Meh.

sorry that not all of us are keyboard elitists like you :rolleyes: also how are media keys useless? if you don't constantly listen to music n stuff then okay, but for those of us that do, they're essential

Agreed. I upgraded from a Logitech G15 which had media keys but I actually rarely listen to music. Even when I do listen to music, i never use the media keys. I just don't know why I never did on my G15. So media keys were something I could pass up. :)

Seriously? Different tools for different jobs. What makes one happy doesn't always apply to others. Some of us like extra keys (myself included) and some don't (you, obviously). Not sure if you were trying to be funny; because if so, you have failed greatly.

Typed on a nothing special MX5500 kit at work that I didn't pay a dime for. :p

----

Thread in general: have been giving serious thought to picking up a nice mech ASAP. Had numerous Northgate KB's back in the early 90's and always loved the damn things; plus they could easily double as a weapon in a pinch! ;)

The Corsair K90 is a fantastic keyboard. It was my first mechanical keyboard that I bought and I bought it knowing that some keys were not mechanical.

It looks great, good extras, volume rocker was pretty sweet. The raised keys will make cleaning easy. Typing on it was awesome too. They are the Cherry MX Red variety. Typing now on my Filco MX browns, the reds and the browns feel almost the same except for that slight bump on the browns.

If you don't mind that some keys are not mechanical, give this keyboard a chance.

I gave it a shot but it just wasn't my cup of tea. To each their own.

Has anyone upgraded from a Logitech G510? I am interested in hearing your feedback.

The guy directly above your post did... :p

I upgraded from a MS Natural 4000 board, but honestly, the shift from any membrane board to any decent mechanical is gonna be similar... The key travel/actuation is gonna feel entirely different and you'll probably bottom out constantly at first, eventually you'll get used to it and realize you don't have to.

I got a Rosewill RK-9000 w/brown switches along w/my K90 just to try both switch types and didn't really have any preference for browns over reds (or vice versa). The RK-9000 is a great basic board that's often priced at $70-80 btw (brown version is usually +$10-20), great choice for anyone that doesn't care for or want back lighting, media keys, etc.

Rosewill will be releasing their mechanical line with backlighting in the near future. Will cost more of course.

2.4ghz is completely lagless these days.

Why would anyone want a premium mouse and keyboard both tethered with wires in this day and age?

Weak.

If you are on the fence I would consider waiting for another deal on the Rosewill keyboards (full mechanical). They are $99 right now without a rebate. I've got a Das, CM Storm, and Rosewill and the Rosewill is great quality for the money (Das ultimate with blues is my favorite). They were on sale for way less than $99 a few weeks ago.

If you get used to typing without bottoming out having non-mechanical switches anywhere on the keyboard will really bug the hell out of you. Auto Hotkey can be used for all of your media key needs.

Has anyone upgraded from a Logitech G510? I am interested in hearing your feedback.

I upgraded from a g15 to a k60. Not even close, k60 blows it away. Build quality is top notch and having mechanical keys for the keys you use 99% of the time is great. The required depth to activate keys is much less, you're able to combo things more effectively, 20-key rollover instead of 6, it all adds up to a much more responsive better gaming experience.

WIth the prices these keyboards have been going for, no gamer should be stuck with a fully membrane keyboard. I've become somewhat of a keyboard snob after going to my k60, so I understand where the full-mech guys are coming from (EWWW, membrane QQ) but it's not that bad at all on the corsair keyboards. The keys that are membrane are not ones you are using in the middle of typing something or in the middle of playing most games, and when you do use them it's not a key that actually needs the advantages of mechanical switches.

soo tempting to get one but my $10 keyboards seems fine haha

Back