Corsair K70 Low profile switches

Bump anyone try this yet? Going to pull the plug on two of them I heard they are great for typing.

How do you like it? I have the K65 RGB Rapidfire with standard MX Silvers. Been curious about the low profile Silvers. I'm hoping Corsair releases a tenkeyless version of your new keyboard. Ducky and Cooler Master have low profile keyboards on the way, too.

I'm waiting on it because the reviews on Amazon and Best Buy are all over the place :D
Plus my Hours might get cut tomorrow....

I almost bought it last night, but self control prevailed. I like the look of the Ducky better and it has PBT double shot keycaps. Corsair still uses those awful ABS caps.

I almost bought it last night, but self control prevailed. I like the look of the Ducky better and it has PBT double shot keycaps. Corsair still uses those awful ABS caps.

I'm afraid if I buy this thing I'll actually be disappointed in the shorter distance. Where can I buy a Ducky Shine? I know Coolermaster has PBT keyboards as well with their Masterkeys line. Corsair has double shot keycaps on their parts site but the keycaps are like 49.00 for a set price of a new keyboard almost.

Last edited:
I'm afraid if I buy this thing I'll actually be disappointed in the shorter distance. Where can I buy a Ducky Shine? I know Coolermaster has PBT keyboards as well with their Masterkeys line. Corsair has double shot keycaps on their parts site but the keycaps are like 49.00 for a set price of a new keyboard almost.
The Ducky low profile, known as the Blade, hasn't been released, yet. MechanicalKeyboards.com sells Ducky and a bunch of other mech boards.

If Corsair sold low profile PBT caps for the K70 MK.2, I'd probably buy it. I put a set of Corsair standard PBT caps on my K65 and it feels a helluva lot better.

I bought one from Best Buy should be here by Wednesday just to get the curiosity of what a low profile cherry switch would do for performance in games. Curious how it presses and if you need to bottom out the key in when you press it.

This is the perfect mechanical keyboard switches feel really good that can change over time I know feels chalky smooth. The low profile feels next to a scissor switch maybe slightly higher since It feels like the old Microsoft 600 which was membrane height is similar but I know this one won't go mushy on me. It's a big difference from regular height Cherry switches. One of the problems I had on my other Corsair K70 keyboard the distance from the W key to the Shift key while running in FPS games seemed too tight this doesn't feel like my pinky will run off the shift key there is plenty of room. Not sure if it's the low profile switches or less distance for the hand movement. This Keyboard makes everything else I own mechanical inferior I would buy a 6 of these things. You don't even feel the need to bottom out the switches if you do it's no big deal you don't really notice it I'm sure you would get used to it over a few days. I mean if you want to strafe in games and piss off the other player it's a good keyboard for that since the keys are lower asddadadasdasdsasdasdsadd nice plank.....

This is the perfect mechanical keyboard switches feel really good that can change over time I know feels chalky smooth. The low profile feels next to a scissor switch maybe slightly higher since It feels like the old Microsoft 600 which was membrane height is similar but I know this one won't go mushy on me. It's a big difference from regular height Cherry switches. One of the problems I had on my other Corsair K70 keyboard the distance from the W key to the Shift key while running in FPS games seemed too tight this doesn't feel like my pinky will run off the shift key there is plenty of room. Not sure if it's the low profile switches or less distance for the hand movement. This Keyboard makes everything else I own mechanical inferior I would buy a 6 of these things. You don't even feel the need to bottom out the switches if you do it's no big deal you don't really notice it I'm sure you would get used to it over a few days. I mean if you want to strafe in games and piss off the other player it's a good keyboard for that since the keys are lower asddadadasdasdsasdasdsadd nice plank.....
Sounds great! Now, I have to hope Corsair will release a tenkeyless version

Corsair ICU software I had to watch a dozen videos on youtube to get it working. I can change color with the profile button now never had a RGB keyboard from them. Not sure how to have a static color at Startup if I delete all the Demo colors I get a solid red so I had to unplug the cables and hold down the Esc button to get the Demo colors back.My colors load only when the software starts at the Desktop.

I'm not a fan of the ICU software. My K65 always defaults to blue LEDs, then turns white once the software kicks in after a restart. I don't care for RGB. I like clean white LEDs shining back at me.

You can choose a Static color through the Lighting Effects sub-menu...

icu.png

Oh, okay. Yeah, you're right about it defaulting to something other than what you program. Mine defaults to blue whenever I put the PC to sleep or restart. The ICU software is the one thing I dislike about Corsair keyboards. I get that they want a one-stop solution to controlling the lighting on all their peripherals, but I prefer being able to set the keyboard lighting directly from the keyboard.

Yeah I thought the above would work it doesn't work I still get the Rainbow effect even when changed it changes when booted up only. This program makes me hate RGB altogether.....
I'm just going to turn it off because it's pretty annoying anyway I only hut for keys when I'm in RPG games anyway like for Inventory and Journal or Character keys.

Last edited:
Figured I'd buy the Corsair just to see how I liked the low profile switches. You can see it next to my K65 Rapidfire in the pic.

I love the low profile setup!!! I can type so much better on this K70 than on my K65. It's like typing on a laptop. I have MX Silver switches on both keyboards. They feel a bit stiffer on the K70, but that could be because it's brand new. My K65 is almost three years old. Build quality is excellent on both keyboards.

I do not like the key caps at all. They're ABS and feel very slippery compared to the PBT doubleshot caps on my K65. I bet I could type even faster on the K70 if it had PBT caps. I also don't care for the media keys or the full size of the K70, though I could learn to live with extra size in time.

I'll probably return the K70 and wait for the Ducky low profile OR to see if Corsair releases a tenkeyless low profile. All things considered, I'm very impressed with the K70 low profile and definitely recommend it to anyone considering a mechanical keyboard.

IMG_20190220_131608.jpg

Yeah I have another Corsair low profile on the Way so I'll have a lifetime supply of Mech Keyboards :p I just need to learn how to write now using my 4th grade English writing skills. I think I'm going to use the low profile keyboards for gaming while using Rommer G switches for everyday use so they don't get gummed up.

I was going to get the 119.00 one off Amazon but I went for the 139.00 off Best Buy because they shipped it alot better than anything I get from Amazon. Amazon puts a piece of brown paper in a large box and ship it usually.

Yeah I have another Corsair low profile on the Way so I'll have a lifetime supply of Mech Keyboards :p I just need to learn how to write now using my 4th grade English writing skills. I think I'm going to use the low profile keyboards for gaming while using Rommer G switches for everyday use so they don't get gummed up.

I was going to get the 119.00 one off Amazon but I went for the 139.00 off Best Buy because they shipped it alot better than anything I get from Amazon. Amazon puts a piece of brown paper in a large box and ship it usually.
I really don't want to return mine. The more I use it, the better I type. But, I just know that if I keep it, Ducky or Corsair will release a tenkeyless with PBT caps exactly one day after the 30 day return window expires.

EDIT: Just gave it to the friendly UPS man before temptation to keep it overwhelmed me. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Damn that sucks you should of kept it :LOL:

Just put about 6 older mechanical and membrane Keyboards in the Basement to make room for the Corsairs backup and Logitech G413 I won off ebay for 30.00+ I hope it's not a dud. I'm worried about the floor collapsing from too much weight where I live so I put used PC parts in the basement.

Bump anyone try this yet? Going to pull the plug on two of them I heard they are great for typing.

I can't comment on this keyboard, but I can say.... I personally think super sensitive Mechanical keyboards are horrid for daily work.

I can type 80 wpm on a good day. On a mechanical keyboard, my error rate is much MUCH higher than it is on, say, a Logitech K800 or K780 with dome keys. I find myself backspacing constantly not due to mis-types but for interference keystrokes - hitting keys near the target key just enough to fire off a character.

Any keyboard with quick-firing keys are a nightmare for me. It doesn't help that I have numbness in my fingers (and feet) from diabetic neuropathy.

Just this week I threw in the towel on my Razer Blackwidow Elite. Incredible gaming keyboard, but terribly tiresome to use for daily work.

My solution was the Razer Ornata Chroma. RGB Lighting. 10 key rollover. All the fancy shit with the Synapse software, etc...

The keys? Their new Mech-Membrane keys. Half-height. Perfect for me. Requires consistent pressure to fire off the keys. Interference strokes are barely noticeable. I'm not wearing out the backspace key to correct stuff :)

I like it. I find it a good compromise.

Oh, okay. Yeah, you're right about it defaulting to something other than what you program. Mine defaults to blue whenever I put the PC to sleep or restart. The ICU software is the one thing I dislike about Corsair keyboards. I get that they want a one-stop solution to controlling the lighting on all their peripherals, but I prefer being able to set the keyboard lighting directly from the keyboard.

Its not hard. :)
Create your own profile and move it to the top. You can even change and save one of the three onboard profiles and it can be used without the software. It will then default to whatever you have selected to be your primary RGB light setup.

Last edited:
The problem I had the 1st time around the ICUE program or the onboard profiles refused to written over so the DEMO mode kept on booting up.
I got it working with a clear installing and manually deleting the program in Settings and Apps under Windows 10 App display list.

The problem I had the 1st time around the ICUE program or the onboard profiles refused to written over so the DEMO mode kept on booting up.
I got it working with a clear installing and manually deleting the program in Settings and Apps under Windows 10 App display list.

I had no problems with it, but then again, its my first Corsair keyboard (I have the MK.2 "silent" version, not the low profile one), so it already was a fresh install of ICUE :)

I find the default profiles annoying. Gaming profiles with illuminated colored keys for ingame usage, while the rest being white was nice to be able to make. RGB illuminated keys have some value, especially in VR gaming if you sometimes need to peek to press a key on keyboard. In Elite Dangerous even more so.

Using the Corsair logo to color monitor the CPU and GPU temps was a fun touch, though not that practical.

I didnt get the keyboard for the RGB, but RGB on the keyboard does have some usefulness besides the bling. At least for me.

Got one of the low profile rapidfire mk2 k70s. I have the original rapidfire k70 as well. I used the mk2 for a day and I'm back to the original. The key presses are not smooth and it feels like it requires a good deal more effort to type on. I noticed fatigue much sooner with the new low profile version than I have with other keyboards. There's also some annoying switch/spring noises from the mk2.

That said, the keys have much less wobble, which is nice, but not at the cost of the smooth switches :(

Huh, more fatigue with the low profile? Interesting. The keys on mine require only a very, very light touch. I suspect that it could be fatiguing if you're trying to press them with the same amount of force as a regular height board (since these have reduced key travel and bottom out sooner) which would mean that your hand muscles are trying to press the keys past their stopping point and working your fingers harder than they need to.

I'm loving mine so far! I guess like anything else, they won't be for everyone.

Huh, more fatigue with the low profile? Interesting. The keys on mine require only a very, very light touch. I suspect that it could be fatiguing if you're trying to press them with the same amount of force as a regular height board (since these have reduced key travel and bottom out sooner) which would mean that your hand muscles are trying to press the keys past their stopping point and working your fingers harder than they need to.

I'm loving mine so far! I guess like anything else, they won't be for everyone.

The k70 mk1 takes almost no pressure to activate. The mk2 low profile takes a good deal more. I think it's breaking in, but it's taking it's time about it. Will continue using it for a bit and see if it improves the rest of the way. The reason I'm having to hit the keys harder is because they're still a bit rough/sticky so I need to ensure activation.

I'm considering putting some orings or something on the switches to limit the throw distance.

update: had some leftover orings from a previous keyboard. they make a big difference. Unfortunately, not enough to do the entire kb, will have to wait for monday for that.

Last edited:
When I had the LP K70 that now adorns the desk of the mighty Lateralus, I thought its keys were slightly stiffer than those on my K65. Both boards have MX Silvers. I figured it was due to the K70 being brand new vs. my 3+ year old K65. I still typed much better on the LP keys of the K70. I just want a tenkeyless LP with PBT caps. Is that so much to ask? :(

I should probably clarify that prior to receiving this board, I was using a CM Storm QuickFire TK with Cherry MX Greens, which are significantly stiffer switches than Silvers/Speeds, Reds, Browns, etc. so that's probably why these low profile switches feel so light to me.

I didn't think about a break-in period having an effect, but between that and one just getting used to the new feel after using it for several days (like adjusting to the sound of a new pair of headphones) it's likely to result in a more definitive impression.

nyt, out of curiosity which o-rings are you using? Last time I looked into them there were "thin" red ones and "fat" blue ones, although I've seen some black generic ones on eBay too.

I should probably clarify that prior to receiving this board, I was using a CM Storm QuickFire TK with Cherry MX Greens, which are significantly stiffer switches than Silvers/Speeds, Reds, Browns, etc. so that's probably why these low profile switches feel so light to me.

I didn't think about a break-in period having an effect, but between that and one just getting used to the new feel after using it for several days (like adjusting to the sound of a new pair of headphones) it's likely to result in a more definitive impression.

nyt, out of curiosity which o-rings are you using? Last time I looked into them there were "thin" red ones and "fat" blue ones, although I've seen some black generic ones on eBay too.

I used the rosewill clear ones on the k70 mk1. I had like a dozen leftover that I put on some keys of the mk2 lp. Prime delivering a new set on Monday so I can finish it off. They're soft and about 2mm thick.

It feels like it's smoothing up slightly after more use? The overall feel aside from the smoothness of the key presses is a big improvement to the k70, which was one of my faves. mx speed/silver in both of em. I can type around 180wpm, close to 200 if I try really hard. The k70 mk1 was REALLY sensitive and I'd have a bit more errors than when I'd use another keyboard. Flipping the space bar around helped with that a bit. Can't do that on the mk2 lp, but it doesn't see to need it.

If this mk2 gets smooth like the mk1, I'll be really happy and will prob sell the mk1.

On some of my non primary workstations I'm using a logitech illuminated keyboard. Those are actually pretty nice for not being a mech kb, but they have the opposite issue. Over time the key presses stiffen up and the hinges feel like they wear out a bit or something. It gets less pleasant to type on. I'm typing on a surface laptop now, which has one of the best laptop kb's I've ever used and is quite pleasant to type on.

Cool deal. I've also heard of people lubricating the switches, so if that's something that you wanted to look into, it might help smooth things out also. But I'd probably give it another week or two of full time use before going that route, just to give everything a chance to settle in. It might not be needed, but could potentially help.

I have one of those Logitech Illuminated Keyboards as well, ha. Mine hardly has any use on it, as I think I got it around the same time that mechanicals were on the rise (early Das Keyboard days). It's totally not uncommon for membrane boards to feel worse with use, though. When I was using membrane boards at work, I'd find myself wanting to switch them out every few months for a fresh one.

Reactions: nyt
like this
Cool deal. I've also heard of people lubricating the switches, so if that's something that you wanted to look into, it might help smooth things out also. But I'd probably give it another week or two of full time use before going that route, just to give everything a chance to settle in. It might not be needed, but could potentially help.

I have one of those Logitech Illuminated Keyboards as well, ha. Mine hardly has any use on it, as I think I got it around the same time that mechanicals were on the rise (early Das Keyboard days). It's totally not uncommon for membrane boards to feel worse with use, though. When I was using membrane boards at work, I'd find myself wanting to switch them out every few months for a fresh one.

Yep. Now I'm on one of the logitech solar powered ones. Gotta say this thing has taken some serious abuse in my shop. I'm amazed it's still going. I had a key pop off at some point and logitech sent me an entirely new kb to replace it instead of just a key.... I just got a key off ebay to replace it and the thing won't die because it has a backup.

I tried the topre realforce silent one recently too, no joy there at all.

I have all kinds of different lubes I could prob use on this mk2 lp if it doesn't smooth out, but not sure if I want to do that or not. Will see. I'm thinking when it smooths out I'll be ecstatic with it.

I started using the keyboard with a wrist rest now makes it tons better I kinda liked having the keyboard closer without it but I changed out my PC chairs so I can get closer to it. Wrist Rest quality seems to have gone down hill the texture is good but it's all hollowed out on the bottom I'm sure it will last and could replace it if it breaks.

Just snapped tone of the bottom plastic prongs for the wrist rest guess I'm going out with one. I would never buy a replacment wrist rest off ebay because the same thing would happen. At least my keyboard is closer to me 2-3" inches. I had the same problem with My corsiar K70 vengeance where I bought two extra wrist rest replacements. Just a bad design no idea why Corsair doesn't use a magnetic one like Razer. I figure if the keyboard is closer to you it prevents rounded shoulders anyway which mine are already from long gaming sessions and typing on here and other websites. I still like the low profile keys no matter what never going back to standard cherry keys or Romer G keys which I really like but not sure if they are going to make low profile Romer G switches.

I could fix the wrist rest by using Gorillla tape on it but that catches dirt after a while and you keep having to replace the tape I didn that with my faulty Orion Spectrum wrist rest bad design on that one as well.

After using this keyboard for about 6-7 months I found a problem with it if they keys get too slick on the tops since the "gaps of the keys" are close to each other it's really hard to tell the keys apart. Also I broke the wrist rest about 2 months ago becuase it's just bad design cheap plastic. So I'm using a Loggitech G413 I had in storage at least you can tell the keys apart.

After going through 3 K70 MK2 rapidfires, I'm back on the MK1. The repeating keys drove me crazy. No issues like that on the MK1. Still hunting for a keyboard :( Wanting something like the new logitech 815 clicky, except with a decent wrist rest and not spring bar keys.

Back