Corsair K63 Wireless Gaming Keyboard & Lapboard Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Reactions: Fleat
like this
Thanks for these Sunday night posts. Finally something techie to read.

Corsair makes great stuff. Unfortunately for me, as a lefty I need a num pad. I do like the idea of a wireless KB for my gaming rig as my current chipset has Bluetooth. NOTE: I am finding the iCue software to be a bit buggy with the newest Ryzen chipsets.

Looks like your son is following your footsteps. I will be praying for him to make a full recovery.

I have one of these for the living room, and it's great kicking back in the recliner with KB+mouse gaming on a 65" OLED.

This is a timely review - I have the Roccat lapboard (wired) and the Corsair up in different tabs and I've been dickering over which to buy. Does the keyboard allow for input to pass through wirelessly with a mouse or is a wireless mouse required as well?

This is a timely review - I have the Roccat lapboard (wired) and the Corsair up in different tabs and I've been dickering over which to buy. Does the keyboard allow for input to pass through wirelessly with a mouse or is a wireless mouse required as well?
Nope. Wireless devices don't do USB passthrough because they're no longer "USB" once the signal hits the wireless transmitter. It's already become a unique device at that point.

There aren't any real wireless usb hubs as far as I know. They do sell some you can attach external storage devices to, but the don't work with mice or anything else.

Thanks for the response, interesting that no one has a proprietary protocol to handle this use case as I wouldn't think it would be uncommon. Guess I'll be looking at mice as well.

Looks like it's a wireless K65 with LEDs. I use a K65 and like it, but I don't like huge keyboards.

I have a K55 and love it with some minor complaints. I wish I had those effects on my KB ... boo.

This might be a neat option for the living room.

I like the idea of cordless RGB mechanical keyboards but it would be annoying to plug in every couple of days. I wish i could just jam in like 6 double A's or something and get at least a week out of it....

Plugging in to charge every few days is not an issue for me. I gotta sleep sometime, and the keyboard can recharge while I do. If the K63 had been available a few months earlier, I might have one for my main system instead of the Lapdog.

I have a K70 with the lapdog and it is fantastic for when I want to sit on the couch. I bought an asus usb monitor and 3d printed a couple of monitor standa to attach to the lapdog so I can have everything I need right in front of me when I feel like reclining back. Great for working from home.

I have a K70 with the lapdog and it is fantastic for when I want to sit on the couch. I bought an asus usb monitor and 3d printed a couple of monitor standa to attach to the lapdog so I can have everything I need right in front of me when I feel like reclining back. Great for working from home.
Pics?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
the rain effect looks better when dimmed a bit and using a color like red or blue. So you get less reflection off the body.

Hey Kyle,

Does this keyboard have power-saving features? In the sense that not-using it for a while puts it to sleep?

I heard some complaints on Reddit of some users saying that you have to turn it off manually every time you aren't using it unless you want to run out of battery very quickly. That would be sort of a pain in the ass for me, specially now that I have a G603 and it has said feature.
I am not sure. We would use it for days without charging it, but we would always turn it off as well. Yeah, it is pretty tough flipping that switch.

Back