Corsair iCUE 3.24.52 out

erek

[H]F Junkie
Not sure what's new, but it's out!

"
iCUE v3.24.52 Patch Notes::

• Added support for K95 RGB PLATINUM XT and ICUE H100i/H115i/H150i PRO XT Liquid CPU Coolers

• iCUE now supports Elgato Stream Deck G-Key Integration with K95 RGB PLATINUM/XT keyboards. To use this feature, please ensure you have SDK Enabled in settings and using the latest version of Stream Deck (v4.5): https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/downloads

This allows G1-G6 keys to be assignable through Elgato’s Stream Deck software and works simultaneously with any Actions assigned in iCUE. For more information, please see our tutorial here:
  • Resolved an issue with iCUE macOS not launching the calculator as an Action

• Resolved an issue with K66 showing lighting when it is not actually supported

• Resolved an issue that caused Actions in the Action Library to play over ESC and F-Keys

• Resolved an issue with Virtuoso headsets improperly displaying battery status when charging cable is rapidly plugged and unplugged with a USB cable

• Resolved an issue firmware progress counter in iCUE space being incorrectly displayed

• Resolved an issue with performance curve objects being incorrectly displayed

• Resolved other various minor bugs and issues

Please also note that motherboard integration is now in beta. For more information, here is the link to the subforum which includes steps on how to install it: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=311"

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.24.52_release.msi

I use it for my pump, fans, and PSU
corsair-hx750i-103percent-efficiency.jpg

I wonder if they've managed to reach a gigabyte of memory used while just running in the background. I've stuck with 2.24.50 because it's one of the last versions before Cue's system resource usage exploded. I don't like using it but it's required in order to bind or even use the K95's 18 macro keys.

I wonder if they've managed to reach a gigabyte of memory used while just running in the background. I've stuck with 2.24.50 because it's one of the last versions before Cue's system resource usage exploded. I don't like using it but it's required in order to bind or even use the K95's 18 macro keys.

I just put the latest one on,

icue-ram-usage.jpg

I don't want to derail this thread further by arguing with you, but I see nothing in those rules I have violated.
Maybe this rule???
6. All rules still apply in this forum, so let's try out best to promote CIVIL DISCUSSION, please.

I dunno.

App is pretty cool and does what I need it to do.

I'm not sure I have updated for awhile, but the iCue fan/pump management system is pretty good.

Plus not everyone does rainbow bright RGB, but its nice for setting a single color, or better yet being able to set the leds to "shut off" when a low temp threshold is met.

So back on topic...has anyone else had any issues with the software recognizing all hooked up devices? I recently lost software control of my block on my H115i and haven't been able to get the iCue software to pick it back up. I am going to try a remove/reinstall when I get home (of the software) as if I go into my case when the system is running and unplug the USB header from the block, the PC dings like I removed a USB device so it's seeing that it's physically there, just not picking up in the software :banghead:

Reactions: erek
like this
I generally just keep it set so the RGB are Green if temps are cool, Yellow if getting Warm, and Red meaning "Look at it quick". It's in the default setups I think but works for me. :geek:

like this
My iCue detection for my H115 was a bit spotty for awhile, but the previous software update (I think) fixed that.
Downloading the newest version now....
Thanks OP

like this
This fixed a blue screen I would get everytime I rebooted. Holy shite. Never spent the time to figure out which service was causing it. yay.

GTFO with that, iCue is pretty great software. Sounds like you haven’t used it in 5 years.

That is actually pretty accurate.

About 5 years ago I was trying to set up their software to control my H110GTX cooler and I had nothing but problems with it. I considered it a buggy piece of shit, uninstalled it, and controlled my fans without using Corsairs software.

Shortly after that I built my own custom loop, and I haven't had anything Corsair in my system since, except the case.

So, good guess!

All that said, my stepson has a Corsair cooler and icue on his current machine. I found the controls to be clunky and not straight forward, but I only spent enough time with it to get basic fan control to work.

Clunky? I can dial my Delta pwm fans down to the 10th of rpm with icue. I HATE motherboard fan controls. Absolutely horrible gigabyte fan software.

Clunky? I can dial my Delta pwm fans down to the 10th of rpm with icue. I HATE motherboard fan controls. Absolutely horrible gigabyte fan software.

Well, I can't speak to Gigabytes software, as I have never used it, but I found the iCue controls to be poorly designed and never did quite what I expected them to. Took several tries to get it right.

In general I prefer motherboard controls. Traditionally they were pretty crappy, with pre-programmed eco/balanced/performance type settings, but the current gen even have custom programmable curves which is cool. Given this functionality I tend to prefer motherboard controls as they are OS agnostic, so no matter what I load, run or do, my fan controls will continue working as programmed.

My requirement is that fan control is 100% functional without a client running or even installed. While I would prefer to not use a client at all, I'm OK with a client being needed to set things up, but once set up I expect the devices to remember my custom settings and use them without any communication to a client or OS based service at all.

The only downside I see with motherboard controls these days is that not all motherboards have temperature sensor inputs for water loop temperature. If my motherboard had had this when I designed my current fan control regimen for my loop, I probably never would have bought my Aquaero 6.

The Aquaero 6 and it's companion software are bloody brilliant though. The things you can do surpass any other solution I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Well, I can't speak to Gigabytes software, as I have never used it, but I found the iCue controls to be poorly designed and never did quite what I expected them to. Took several tries to get it right.

In general I prefer motherboard controls. Traditionally they were pretty crappy, with pre-programmed eco/balanced/performance type settings, but the current gen even have custom programmable curves which is cool. Given this functionality I tend to prefer motherboard controls as they are OS agnostic, so no matter what I load, run or do, my fan controls will continue working as programmed.

My requirement is that fan control is 100% functional without a client running or even installed. While I would prefer to not use a client, I'm OK with a client being needed to set things up, but once set up I expect the devices to remember my custom settings and use them without any communication to a client or OS based service at all.

The only downside I see with motherboard controls these days is that not all motherboards have temperature sensor inputs for water loop temperature. If my motherboard had had this when I designed my current fan control regimen for my loop, I probably never would have bought my Aquaero 6.

The Aquaero 6 and it's companion software are bloody brilliant though. The things you can do surpass any other solution I have ever seen.
Amen on the Aquaero. Got a 6xt from a user here and I've never looked back!

So back on topic...has anyone else had any issues with the software recognizing all hooked up devices? I recently lost software control of my block on my H115i and haven't been able to get the iCue software to pick it back up. I am going to try a remove/reinstall when I get home (of the software) as if I go into my case when the system is running and unplug the USB header from the block, the PC dings like I removed a USB device so it's seeing that it's physically there, just not picking up in the software :banghead:
I had that happen with my H150i recently. I wound up unplugging the USB cable and moving it to a different socket on the motherboard--nothing else, even uninstalling/reintalling iCue fixed the problem.

My requirement is that fan control is 100% functional without a client running or even installed. While I would prefer to not use a client at all, I'm OK with a client being needed to set things up, but once set up I expect the devices to remember my custom settings and use them without any communication to a client or OS based service at all.

All RGB software tends to be crap, but iCue does seem to be among the select few that rises up to the level of "usable". I rather detest every motherboard integration I've tried (ASUS, Gigabyte, AsRock, MSI) along with Razer's garbage software.

I was going to use the Aquaro 6, but then decided to not be poor and keep things simple. I am still running my 2 560mm radiators with fans set to run between 600-1000 rpm, controlled by icue.

I have that same issue with my AX1600i. When everything was fresh, it showed up just fine in iCue and even had a ton of parameters available to monitor (incl line voltage and power output). Then the majority of those parameters dissappeared. Now the PSU itself rarely show up. No amount of reinstalling hardware or software has had any impact.

I have a similar requirement regarding standalone functionality. The cooling management system should be fully functional even if the computer is locked (eliminates iCue) or if a software process hangs (eliminates iCue).

One of my issues with iCue is that my system is simply too big for it to manage. That plus the issues mentioned above is why I'm building out my Aquero system as a replacement. I'm hoping to completely uninstall iCue once that is up and running.

People actually use this junk?

ALL TEH RGBS!

hah.. yeah it runs my pump, fans, commander pro, lighting node pro, and has controls for my dominators, mouse, and kB... Icue is a large step forward from link and cue. It’s actually works fairly well.

I have that same issue with my AX1600i. When everything was fresh, it showed up just fine in iCue and even had a ton of parameters available to monitor (incl line voltage and power output). Then the majority of those parameters dissappeared. Now the PSU itself rarely show up. No amount of reinstalling hardware or software has had any impact.

I have a similar requirement regarding standalone functionality. The cooling management system should be fully functional even if the computer is locked (eliminates iCue) or if a software process hangs (eliminates iCue).

One of my issues with iCue is that my system is simply too big for it to manage. That plus the issues mentioned above is why I'm building out my Aquero system as a replacement. I'm hoping to completely uninstall iCue once that is up and running.

Yeah I'm not stressing it too terribly much as I have a new m.2 coming in the mail in the next couple days so I'll be doing a fresh reinstall of everything. Hopefully that irons out my issues.

People actually use this junk?

ALL TEH RGBS!
I've used it for a up until I blew another channel out of my Corsair Commander with my DDC pump . But so far I've blown 2 fan channels out trying to properly monitor the pump (30W). It seems the Corsair Commander is good for no more than 10W/40W per Channel/Overall so bye-bye channels 1 & 6. I dropped the iCue because it also has issues properly monitoring the fan channels on my motherboard (in teh sig). It simply doesn't see the VRM fan, PCH fan, pump and case fans most of the time and when it does it is only one or two when it feels like doing so.

For now I've dropped the iCue and have been using ArgusMonitor for a while. It sees everything including the fans on the Commander so far it works well but does nothing for my K68 keyboard.

Got an Aquaero 6 LT on order and will be moving all LC fan/pump management to that along with their Aqua Suite software. Once the commander is out of the system I will try using iCue again for managing the keyboard.

I've used it for a up until I blew another channel out of my Corsair Commander with my DDC pump . But so far I've blown 2 fan channels out trying to properly monitor the pump (30W). It seems the Corsair Commander is good for no more than 10W/40W per Channel/Overall so bye-bye channels 1 & 6. I dropped the iCue because it also has issues properly monitoring the fan channels on my Gigabyte TRX40 Master motherboard. It simply doesn't see the VRM, PCH, Pump and case fans most of the time and when it does it is only one or two when it feels like doing so.

For now I've dropped the iCue and have been using ArgusMonitor for a while. It sees everything including the fans on the Commander so far it works well but does nothing for my K68 keyboard.

Got an Aquaero 6 LT on order and will be moving all LC fan/pump management to that along with their Aqua Suite software. Once the commander is out of the system I will try using iCue again for managing the keyboard.

The Aquaero 6 is fantastic. I love mine. Only downside is that it is limited to 4x PWM channels, but I have found that I really don't need more than two, one for pump speed, and one for fan speed.

I just use PWM splitters (the type that have their own power source as to not overload the Aquaero).

These are the ones I use, and have worked very well for me.

They have 8 ports each. Port 1 passes RPM signals back, the rest just obey the PWM signals, but you can't ind pendently monitor them.

Power used to be supplied via a 4pin molex connector, bit the newest version uses a sata power connector instead.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Aquaero 6 is fantastic. I love mine. Only downside is that it is limited to 4x PWM channels, but I have found that I really don't need more than two, one for pump speed, and one for fan speed.

I just use PWM splitters (the type that have their own power source as to not overload the Aquaero).

These are the ones I use, and have worked very well for me.

They have 8 ports each. Port 1 passes ROM signals back, the rest just obey the PWM signals, but you can't ind pendently monitor them.

Power used to be supplied via a 4pin molex connector, bit the newest version uses a sata power connector instead.

3.25.60 is out, btw Zarathustra[H]

iCUE v3.25.60 Patch Notes::
iCUE now supports Windows Spatial Sound so users can enable their own audio surround sound solutions. Please note that if Spatial Sound is enabled, iCUE EQ and Surround Sound options are disabled. For more information related to spatial sound, please visit this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../spatial-sound.

Resolved an issue with security related to our service and drivers

Audio Visualizer from LS100 is now available for all RGB Fans and Strips. This is a new lighting pattern that will match the volume frequency in Windows

Resolved an issue with iCUE not detecting devices on B450 Chipsets

Profiles with Lighting Effects are now cross compatible between Platinum Series and PRO XT Hydro Coolers

Resolved various other minor bugs and issues

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back