Corsair Hydros on sale at Best Buy

I love my H50 and have an H100 sitting here for when I get a new case/build going (hoping to have a job shortly to do an Ivybridge setup).

Looking at an Antex P280 case for it since it will hold the H100 nicely.

Damn, nice find on the H60. Might pick up a second one (for my file server) at that price.

Lol @ H40 for $58 and H60 for $55....Hmm, which one should I pick? :p

Also the H60 has regularly been $55-60 on Amazon (currently I think it's ~$62).

And I think the H80 is more like $80 or so on Corsair's website with that 25% off code.

I'm surprised best buy even sells these, it doesn't seem like their market.

I almost laugh when I go in there any see probably half of the components people would need to build full rigs. Always a few cases and a few low quality power supplies. Then I see the Corsair water coolers, which are in a completely different league as they're much higher quality than the OCZ power supplies next to them they keep trying to peddle off :p. Then you walk around the overpriced RAM sticks, the massively overpriced DDR2 sticks (which some Geek Squad members seem to think would work with Core i7 processors), the overpriced optical drives, and then the hard drive prices which used to be reasonable (sure you save $10 at NewEgg but then you have to deal with that 50% DOA rate because of piss poor packaging :D).

Never do I see motherboards or CPUs. That's about all they'd need to market themselves an an option for buying a complete DIY PC and not having to wait for shipping from Amazon or NewEgg or any others.

Newegg has the H60 for $49 + Free Shipping after $15 rebate. The offer expires tonight at 12:00AM PST.

Best Buy charges tax in all states. Also don't consider rebates when making purchasing decisions -- too often I've read stories about rebates not going through simply because you did everything right so the rebate company decided you did something wrong anyway :p.

Best Buy charges tax in all states. Also don't consider rebates when making purchasing decisions -- too often I've read stories about rebates not going through simply because you did everything right so the rebate company decided you did something wrong anyway :p.

Bingo. I pretty much gave up on rebates. It never factors into my buying costs. That was why I wanted to let people know about the BestBuy sale on these because there's no rebate involved... and as-is, it's a damned good price.

While I dislike rebates as well, I've been 14 for 14 over the past 3 years with Corsair Rebates. You can track your progress online and the prepaid cards have always arrived on time. The mods over on the Corsair forums will also try to assist you if there is an issue with the rebate.

I have never had a rebate denied and I've done a lot of rebates over a lot of years. I had a couple of issues along the way but the company reps here on [H] have always taken care of me. However, I am careful about the companies I buy from when rebates are concerned.

Love my h50 for my Q9550. Over the stock cooler, it's dead silent (for me, which means my video card is the only noise I hear), will it stack up to high end heatsinks? Maybe not, but this was a lot less intrusive, gives a decent amount of overclock ability, and really is a nofuss solution (although I did have to do some case modding because I still have a rather old case that doesn't accept 120mm(??) fans on the back. I'd suggest a cheaper one for anyone even if you don't overclock, the lack of sound alone is worth the money.

Just used my $15 egiftcard that bestbuy gave to me free for that backorder black friday deal.

Finally made good use of it.

Love my h50 for my Q9550. Over the stock cooler, it's dead silent (for me, which means my video card is the only noise I hear), will it stack up to high end heatsinks? Maybe not, but this was a lot less intrusive, gives a decent amount of overclock ability, and really is a nofuss solution (although I did have to do some case modding because I still have a rather old case that doesn't accept 120mm(??) fans on the back. I'd suggest a cheaper one for anyone even if you don't overclock, the lack of sound alone is worth the money.

Average high CPU temps ingame after a long session of L4D or TF2: 112f (Fahrenheit, not Celsius)

Peak temperature after a similar session last night: 88f.

Gonna fire up handbrake and see what I can get it up to, but for the mean time... nice drop.

This kind of inexpensive/budget cooling setup is nothing to sneeze at.

From what I've read the H50 is right up there with high-end air coolers in terms of cooling perofrmance, plus you get the benefit of less noise and less accumulation heat in the case overall since the heat is pulled directly out from the radiator. Also, you get less airflow being blocked in the case by a massive heatsink.

Average high CPU temps ingame after a long session of L4D or TF2: 112f (Fahrenheit, not Celsius)

Peak temperature after a similar session last night: 88f.

Gonna fire up handbrake and see what I can get it up to, but for the mean time... nice drop.
You didn't mention what cooler you moved from.

You didn't mention what cooler you moved from.

Ah, sorry. Was using the heatpipe based Phenom II stock cooler. About 5f degrees better than the all aluminum stock cooler that came with my Athlon II. The Phenom II Stock heatsink actually is fairly decent. Just the fan sucks and there's no way to attach bigger ones.

Thank you for buying from Best Buy...

You supported our decent working conditions, employee benefits, etc. Read about Amazons temporary warehouse "help" and the shit that goes on there. You should feel good about your purchase. I love Amazons prices, but not at the expense of fellow Americans doing slave labor for $7/hr.

Ah, sorry. Was using the heatpipe based Phenom II stock cooler. About 5f degrees better than the all aluminum stock cooler that came with my Athlon II. The Phenom II Stock heatsink actually is fairly decent. Just the fan sucks and there's no way to attach bigger ones.

...No way without duct tape, you mean. :D ;)

You supported our decent working conditions, employee benefits, etc. Read about Amazons temporary warehouse "help" and the shit that goes on there. You should feel good about your purchase. I love Amazons prices, but not at the expense of fellow Americans doing slave labor for $7/hr.

I like that you bash Amazon's wages, but you tout Best Buy's? Pfft, $8.50 isn't much better. :rolleyes:

The people that work there for $7 under horrible conditions work there because they WANT to. Because they dropped out of high school to smoke crack. Because no one else will take them. Because without that $7/hour opportunity they would be homeless and starving.

They don't work there as "slaves". Far from it.

Buying from Best Buy on the other hand... screw pretty much every employee that works there.

I like that you bash Amazon's wages, but you tout Best Buy's? Pfft, $8.50 isn't much better. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that even the Geek Squad "techs" don't get paid jack shit starting out. Barely above minimum.

Pay commensurate with experience.

Lol, true...but that's still a BB problem. They should hire actual techs with skills and knowledge for decent pay rather than retarded monkeys for slave wages.

I made $14.00/hr after a year of being on the geeksquad.
Not bad considering it was my first job.

How do you even see where you're going with your nose that far up in the air?

was that an insult? lol...

anyway, I had a H50 when they just came out, loved it, got me into watercooling, when I was afraid of using water in a PC. guess who shops at best buy? mainstream people that want to try watercooling but dont have the know how or skill to piece together a full WC setup.

Job is a job. I would rather work at bestbuy than some fast food joint. And you get some eye candy that come in and out of that place.

Yeah, I hate supporting Best Buy, but I did pick one of these up months ago when they went on sale. I gotta say, if you can catch stuff on sale there and just do instore pickup so you don't have to deal with their employees, it's not too bad. I also got a Harmony 650 there for $45 when Newegg had them for $75. Booyah!

was that an insult? lol...

anyway, I had a H50 when they just came out, loved it, got me into watercooling, when I was afraid of using water in a PC. guess who shops at best buy? mainstream people that want to try watercooling but dont have the know how or skill to piece together a full WC setup.

And your post just further displays your snobbery...Well done, sir.

Okay... Not sure if serious...

Since you need it spelled out for you...

You come off as an snobby, entitled twat.

I shop anywhere I can get the best deal. It doesn't matter to me if it comes from NewEgg, Fry's, Amazon or Best Buy, they all sell the same shit anyway.

Okay... Not sure if serious...

So according to you, many of the folks on here, including Kyle, are "mainstream" users that "don't have the skill" to put together a WC loop? Really? And you wonder if I am being serious?

Yeah I have a new in the box H100 ready for Ivy Bridge if and ONLY if people can get 5.2 to 5.5Ghz out of these things on high end air or water.

Back