Corsair Hydro Series VGA Cooling Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Not currently as my G3258 is a bottleneck.
2. Would rather install it myself as I'd probably take it apart and change the TIM and most likely change the fan also.

Yes and have considered it.

No, I prefer doing the work myself and with my own paste.

1. Already have a Kraken G10/H55 combo on my 280x, and it's fantastic.

2. Rather do it myself.

I have used the Corsair VGA bracket on my 290x and their AIO coolers. I put an AIO from EVGA on my Titan X and will probably use some sort of liquid/hybrid on my cards from now on. They allow decent overclocks as well as keep the machine quiet.

I prefer the AIO for my graphics cards, but may make the custom loop leap on my next machine.

1) Yes, I've already used your competitors GPU bracket, but left it out of the current build due to space constraints.

2) No, I'd rather do it myself. That way I can choose which AIO unit and paste to use from the get-go.

Q1.) Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

A.) I currently run a custom loop however I would definitely consider using something like Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler.

Q2.) If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

A.) I bought my current card with the GPU water block preinstalled. I definitely prefer that over having to install that myself because of possible complications during the install plus the price was lower for the combined product.

1.I would absolutely use watercooling on my gpu. I've been using a custom loop on my cpus for the last 5 years, not sure why I never bothered with the gpu to this point, maybe money?

2.It would depend on the added cost vs. what I'm getting out of it. Am I being afforded additional o/c headroom, or am I just getting a cooler product?

Yes as I own a water cooling system and case as well as overclock the mess out of my CPU.
Yes, it would make installation a lot easier.

1. Yes, I'd always wanted to try liquid cooling, less noise.
2. Yes, I have no experience installing liquid coolers and would rather have it done professionally.

1. Liquid cool get you much better temps compare to air results in better OC headroom, but often AIO solutions are sometimes lacking in the noise to temp department.

2. I would rather installing myself with a replaceable fan to reduce noise output.

1)In terms of a liquid cooling solution for a GPU, I haven't considered one yet. This is mostly due to having an older GPU (EVGA GTX 670 SSC) that I don't feel would benefit too tremendously from a watercooling bracket.

2) I would be interested, but of course it would depend entirely on the price premium. That said, surely money would saved by not having to ship a standard cooling solution already on the card, thus making a card that has something like the HG10 presinstalled less expensive that the card and the HG10 separately.

1. No I don't, and currently I wouldn't however the reason for this is I currently have a less than speedy video card solely for reason of that I can't stand the high pitched whine that is on cards with speedy fans (which is often needed for higher power cards)

2. In general no I wouldn't buy a video card with a preinstalled liquid cooler, unless the cost of the card is comparable to an air driven card. I can't imagine it would be a comparable price, and if I'm going to be adding the components to my system I would like to be the one who decides if I want to go cheap or expensive when it comes to adding additional cooling to my system.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

I do not already have liquid cooling for my GPU (or CPU!), but I would absolutely consider it. Seems like a great way to keep noise and temperature down, and with closed loop systems these days, it seems relatively foolproof.

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

I would be interested in buying it so that I don't screw up the installation or removal of my existing heatsink. I still remember horror stories of people cracking dies, and while I've been lucky so far, I'd hate to push it.

1. I desperately need something to keep my titan X cooler, this thing gets WAY too hot when running ~4k resolutions on alpha games. However, I would be wary, though not opposed, as I would be afraid to ruin my warranty. I bought the titan X when I came into some money, and will not be able to afford another card for easily the next 3-5 years (which is why I bought the X)
2. YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES

1) I currently do not, but liquid cooling is something that always interested me.
2) i mainly stayed away from modding my GPU's due to the warranty issues of removing the cooling and placing after market blocks on. Not sure if that changed, having everything under water would be a good thing.

1. Yeah, definitely.
2. There's some degree of assurance that the product would be installed properly, and if it wasn't, I wouldn't be liable. So yeah, I would prefer to have it preinstalled in most cases.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?
Yes, I'd definitely consider it.

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.
Buying one preinstalled is far more appealing for a couple reason. First and most important, the cooler will be designed specifically for that card and all the little doodads that require cooling beyond the GPU chip itself will be considered. Second, having one company involved when it comes to warranty is ideal.

1. If my CPU were air cooled, I would consider a GPU solution like Corsair's based on 2 factors. ease of use and price/performance ratio.

2. If you're going to watercool, you're not looking for the simple option. You want the best option. If the preinstalled solution is comparable to what I can do on my own, I'm all for it.

1. Have never liquid cooled a GPU before, but would very much like to try it.

2. Yes, I'd be interesting in trying it, mostly for the convenience of it, plus the knowledge that it would installed properly.

1. I would consider it, but have no prior experience with liquid cooling at this point.

2. I probably would be interested in a pre installed solution, being that I have no experience installing a solution in the past.

1. I am currently interested in and looking at various liquid cooling options for my GPU.
  2. I would most likely want to buy it preinstalled because I would not have to undo the stock GPU option by myself, with no prior knowledge how to do so.

1. I would consider purchasing a bracket and CPU cooler.
2. I would prefer a pre-installed option. This way I know that the cooler and bracket are specifically designed to work with this card and I don't have to worry about shims, or attaching special heatsinks to the RAM or VRMs.

1. I have been considering it to reduce noise levels more than anything. Especially since the cost of entry has gotten a lot lower over the past few years.
2. I have recently taken an interest in buying a pre-installed liquid cooling due to it being ready to go right out of the box.
I am on the fence about both. Funny this draw came out at the same time I have started to research these products.

Yes, I would definitely use liquid cooling on my GPU, and already use an original H50 on my CPU.

I would purchase a video card with liquid cooling preinstalled, as long as the price point was reasonable.

1. Yes. My 290 sure need water cooling :)
2. I wouldn't buy a video card with liquid preinstall, bcs I want a full custom water loop for my comp.

Yes, absolutely.

I would, but I need sound/cooling performance to be comparable

1) i currently have a H60 on my cpu but ACX cooling on my GTX 980. Would love a water kit on my GPU.
2) i would prefer water cooling not be installed on my GPUs. I like the ability to research and find the best performance for a given GPU/Cooling combination.

1. Yes, using a corsair water cooling product on my cpu currently.
2. Yes. Stock watercooling with warranty and great performace is a winning combination.

1. Yes. I have a H80iGT installed on my 4790k.
2. Yes, but only if the price was right. Personally would do a re-paste shortly after buying it regardless. Factory TIM jobs are typically sub par.

1. Yes. Better to Move the heat outside the case quicker.
2. Yes, Sure beats any mistakes I might make removing the stock cooler from the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back