Corsair Hydro Series VGA Cooling Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Of the two options, a pre-installed liquid cooler is the preferred option. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable premium to have a OEM water cooling option.

1) Yes, I love playing with aftermarket cooling.
2) Absolutely, but I would do a lot of research to make sure it was compatible with my case (needs to have long enough tubes)

1. Yes of course.
2. Also yes, although a lot of this decision is based on what options are available for mounting in your case.

1. I would consider it.

2. I would always prefer to install it myself because I could then buy the card and the cooling solution I want rather than having to compromise by picking from limited options.

1. I have been considering it (actually beyond that, really want to). Was going to pick up another Hydro for my i5 and just use my older H50 to cool my HD7950 (which has an XFX heatsink on it...)
2. I would be interested in that, especially if the cooling was provided by Corsair.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

Differently would consider. I love the performance of my antec kuler and would like to have that on my GPU as well. Having said that the prices they are quoting (looking on amazon) as well as the space used for the larger radiator would kill this give away setup for me. 150 bucks is a big step up for a graphics card. half that (including size) and its differently on the list. (not that I would not find a way to fit it in if I won it :))

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

Yes. For one it would be cheaper (I think) as well as not wasting the existing cooler. Also it would not void any warranties. While I like building my own I have had enough cards go belly up that I would be wary of this.

1. I would consider it. I've been reluctant due to the extra cost of installing a full liquid cooling setup. Something like this fits nicely.

2. I would definitely like this better than a version that requires an existing liquid cooling setup due to the cost. Case in point, my CPU has one of those all-in-one liquid coolers.

1: No because black friday is coming up and who knows what that will bring.
2: Yes but it heavily depends on the price and performance.

1. Yep, custom!

2. Maybe. I don't like throwing away expensive proprietary coolers every time I buy a new GPU. I buy card variants with the cheapest cooler so that I can replace them with the same universal waterblock I use on everything. If a manufacturer sold bare cards and all-in-one GPU watercooling kits separately, I'd be in heaven.

1. Do you already, or would you consider liquid cooling your GPU using a solution such as Corsair’s Hydro Series Liquid cooling bracket plus the Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler?

Yes I would consider using a liquid cooling solution for my GPU. I think it would work a lot better then the standard air cooling solution I am using now.

2. If you could buy a VGA card with a liquid cooler preinstalled, would you be interested in buying that over installing it yourself? Tell us why or why not.

Maybe I would because then I do not have to mess around with installing it. Although that is part of the fun, but it is a hassle too and something could happen whilist installing it. And like the person above me stated, I rather not have to buy new every time I wanted to change something either.

A1: Yep. I have a GTX 470 for After Effects. It gets hot AND loud. Would love to be able to do something about that.

A2: Depends on the specs, honestly. The type of cooling a card has isn't the be-all.

1. Yes
2. I would prefer a preinstalled kit if it was of equal cooling capability(in regards to oc performance) However' if the preinstalled kit didn't cool as well, I would prefer the performance aftermarket kit, provided all in costs between systems, cards etc were relatively equal.

1. Yes, I would consider an install if everything fit well, has low noise and looks good.
2. I'd rather have it pre installed to keep warranty, but pre installed units always cost too much for what you get.

Thanks!

1. I haven't gone the liquid cooling route yet, but I'd love to give it a try. Especially with my CPU, since bulky air coolers have gotten in the way of some cases I would love to otherwise use.

2. Sure. For those wanting the option, it would just be easier to to not have to worry about installing it yourself.

1) I do not already but would absolutely consider it.
2) Yes, would be an easy way to start with water cooling on the video card. Plus, I assume it would come with a warranty.

1: Yes, I would consider using an add-on solution for cooling my GPU. I just need assurances that the process of swapping coolers will be straightforward and that compatibility is guaranteed (including retention of existing backplates so as not to weaken the card). I'd been considering such a thing to compliment my liquid CPU cooler, but I couldn't get a straight compatibility answer at the time.

2: Yes, I would DEFINITELY consider a preinstalled "all-in-one" liquid cooling for purchase. Such a thing would save me time and, likely, money over a custom loop. I currently own a case that'd be PERFECT for such a thing. It'd be even nicer if there were some selection of radiator sizes as well, so that people who wanted to go with slightly more extreme cooling solutions (say a 280mm or 360mm rad, as opposed to a 120mm or 140mm) could easily order one. The fact that such a thing would likely be under WARRANTY DEFINITELY adds to the attraction.

1) I do not currently, but I would be interested especially since I already use a Corsair H110 and am very happy with it.

2) Depending on the added cost I would partially due to the (hopefully) warranty coverage and ease of setting up. It would also depend a lot on the benefits gained vs another solution, if installing things myself works better I'll pick up the tools. ;)

1) Yes
2) Depends on the extra cost but i would buy and naturally fix it for the convenience.

1. Yes, I would consider it.
2. It really depends on a number of factors. If the manufacturer of the particular model I want offers a high-quality liquid cooling option for a good price, then I'd buy one. For instance, EVGA offers models of their cards with high end copper water blocks that are well received. However, I also see the allure of being able to select the card, cooling block, and cooling system (rad, fan etc.) independently.

1) I would. Using an H75 for CPU now.
2) Yes. Anything to make a build quicker... having said that, it's not that much extra work. The real pain is removing the fan cooler from the card.

1. I would love to watercool my whole system!

2. Yep, makes things easier over a homemade solution

1. Yes, I would consider buying one - I do not currently own one, but I am tired of the ramping up sound of my fans, it gets annoying.

2. Depends on price difference. Preinstalled is far simpler, but if the price difference is worth the effort, I would add on the liquid cooling myself.

1. I have never liquid cooled anything before, but I would use a liquid cooler on my video card.

2. I would prefer to buy the video card with the water block already installed, but I think the price premium people charge for those models is too high.

1) I have used liquid cooling for years and am always looking to improving my temperatures and OC capabilities.

2) I generally prefer to install my own liquid cooling, typically I can get better temps that way.

Yes. I currently use a 980 Ti that I installed the EVGA hybrid kit on.

Yes. I would prefer to have the water cooler pre-installed so I don't have to worry about voiding a cards warranty, having good gpu to cooler contact, etc.

1. Yes
2. Yes, mostly cost as DIY options usually add much more to the price tag

1. Yes, anything to decrease the noise and heat generated by a gaming PC.
  2. Yes. Taking apart a video card or any sensitive piece of electronics has the potential for accidental damage taking place. And, at least to me, it always seems like a product never functions the same once it has been taken apart and put back together. Plus, the last time I took apart a video card I had to deal with 24 small screws, and that can be rough when you often get tendonitis in your hands.

1> I would consider installing liquid cooling on a video card if the manufacturer installed fans were noisy or didn't cool enough.

2> I would absolutely prefer liquid cooling preinstalled.

1. I do not currently, but would consider it.

2. Depends on the performance offered by OEM cooling vs Corsair's solution on the same GPU.

1) I do not currently but would certainly consider it.

2) It would depend on price and performance. I would expect an OEM solution would probably be more expensive overall and expect a 3rd party solution to be a bit cheaper and probably function better overall with the added step of having to install it yourself which doesn't bother me.

1- I would. I have a liquid cooled CPU and I like how quiet it is (also a corsair unit!), and currently my GPU (GTX970) is the loudest air-movement source in my case. It'd be great to eliminate that. Same with my HTPC (GTX 660 Ti)
2- It depends on the card, the noise profile and the benefits. The card would obviously cost more. So I better get a stellar, and meaningful, out of the box OC.

1. My Titan X does not currently have liquid cooling. I would consider it in a factory installed all-in-one sealed unit.

2. If I was looking to water cool I would certainly take that over a DIY solution because I don't like working with water/coolant in my PC myself as I do not have the right tools nor time to customize everything to fit. Factory pre-made all-in-one would look pretty sharp and be effective. Once of the biggest issues with me these days is noise. If water cut the noise down significantly I would be interested.

1.) Was actually looking to buy a HG10 N980 last night! Had Dwood bracket with a H60 and then 620 on my 680 and 780. Loved the cooling and silence. THe H100 with the 980 would be awesome!

2.) Yes!

1. Damn right I would use water cooling on my GPU
2. Pre-installed means to me extra cost (installation profit), I'd rather install it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back