Corsair Hydro Series Liquid CPU Coolers Now Available

The ECO 240 was available directly from CoolIT pre-Corsair. The model in that graph is the ECO II head (same cold plate/pump used in Corsair units) matched to the ECO 240 radiator, which was reused for the H100. So thermally it has the same profile as H100. CoolIT is selling directly to the OEM market only now, as the retail channel is exclusive to Corsair.

Ahh,

Are they still selling any of the components that Corsair does not retail directly? Like - for instance - that snazzy 180mm unit?

Zarathustra[H];1037501608 said:
Yeah, I already have two 180mm fans at the bottom of my case sucking in fresh air. Seeing how effective that 180mm radiator was at 400-900 rpm, I'm in "need to have it" mode...

I like the way you think, a H100 w/ 180mm radiator would be awesome.

I'm waiting to see a review with aftermarket fans! How can you do a cpu cooler comparison with a bunch of different fans?

I like the way you think, a H100 w/ 180mm radiator would be awesome.

You mean dual 180 rads? That is probably unlikely. (but would be awesome)

Knock on wood and all, but I may just have been able to get my hands on one of those EPIC 180 systems... I'll keep you all posted.

Judging by the links that have been posted in this thread (particularly this one) on how it performs, I am very excited to check it out.

How would this stack-up vs the Antec Kuhler 920, which uses a double-thick radiator exactly the same as the Corsair H80, both of which use push/pull configs?

Size/shape of the radiator, or fan config, make any difference in temps?

Generally, the more surface area, the better the cooling, but I'm not sure regarding these coolers, how much better it would be than something like the Kuhler 920.

In a relatively hot room (around 79-82f) I average about 41C idle and 53C load playing something like Just Cause 2 on an i7 950 stock.

Last edited:
With my 2500K @ 4.5GHz and already hitting 80c under load in certain situations, I'm looking into water-cooling. For the first time in years, I'll be moving away from air cooling, and these 32nm chips deserve all the cooling one can afford. With both Intel and AMD's 32nm process, increases in V-core really seem to effect temperature more than I first thought.

Should I get the Hydro H80? On of Antec's products? Do my own setup?

Thanks,

Tweak

Zarathustra[H];1037502063 said:
You mean dual 180 rads? That is probably unlikely. (but would be awesome)

Knock on wood and all, but I may just have been able to get my hands on one of those EPIC 180 systems... I'll keep you all posted.

Judging by the links that have been posted in this thread (particularly this one) on how it performs, I am very excited to check it out.

I would be happy with just a single 180 radiator :) dual would just be just plain awesome. I have been thinking that Silverstone should contract with coolit or khuler and make some Raven specific cooling equipment.

I would be happy with just a single 180 radiator :) dual would just be just plain awesome. I have been thinking that Silverstone should contract with coolit or khuler and make some Raven specific cooling equipment.

II believe that's what Maingear does.

Their case they put the 180mm kit in, is essentially an RV01 modified to suit their needs, no?

Well, I think I will just be waiting for the Antec/Asetek version of the H100 cooler. I really didnt want to have to wait but I am not to keen on buying products from companies that lie to their customers.

They should have announced "world wide availability in a month" when they made their announcement. Several sites list July 26th and others say ETA End of July.

Well, I think I will just be waiting for the Antec/Asetek version of the H100 cooler. I really didnt want to have to wait but I am not to keen on buying products from companies that lie to their customers.

They should have announced "world wide availability in a month" when they made their announcement. Several sites list July 26th and others say ETA End of July.

That is just crazy talk.

They never lied. As I understand, as of end of last week these units are shipping.

Not all retailers may have them right away, but they are shipping them to retailers.

Corsair is one of the most honest and dependable companies in the industry. They treat their customers better than pretty much anyone else, and their warranty program is amazing. If you go elsewhere, the loss - quite frankly - is yours. Pretty much anyone else you deal with will treat their customers worse.

Also, as regards Antec/asetec, I wonder if this unit will be released by them. The H50 and H70 as well as the Antec Kuhler 620 and 920 were pretty much Asetec products, right? But it appears these new ones, like the H60, H80 and h100 are Coolit products?

Or is it Asetec -> Coolit - > Corsair now?

nope, coolit is just the oem making the products for corsair. not sure what brought the switch from Asetec, but I'm really wanting some h100 reviews. Do review sites have these on hand yet or are they waiting like we are?

nope, coolit is just the oem making the products for corsair. not sure what brought the switch from Asetec, but I'm really wanting some h100 reviews. Do review sites have these on hand yet or are they waiting like we are?

I did see H100 in stock at best buy, but by the time i was in checkout and about to buy em, they were outta stock.

Just give it another week and we should see some reviews

Zarathustra[H];1037505068 said:
That is just crazy talk.

They never lied. As I understand, as of end of last week these units are shipping.

Not all retailers may have them right away, but they are shipping them to retailers.

Corsair is one of the most honest and dependable companies in the industry. They treat their customers better than pretty much anyone else, and their warranty program is amazing. If you go elsewhere, the loss - quite frankly - is yours. Pretty much anyone else you deal with will treat their customers worse.

Also, as regards Antec/asetec, I wonder if this unit will be released by them. The H50 and H70 as well as the Antec Kuhler 620 and 920 were pretty much Asetec products, right? But it appears these new ones, like the H60, H80 and h100 are Coolit products?

Or is it Asetec -> Coolit - > Corsair now?

"Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced worldwide retail availability of the Hydro Series™ H80 and H100 liquid CPU coolers."

The above statement certainly implies that I would be able to purchase and receive an H100 right now, if it was indeed "available worldwide". Yet they will not be available until the end of the month. Perhaps not an outright lie, but it is quite a deceiving statement to make.

Also, I have to disagree about who's loss it is. As consumers we have the power in our buying decisions, we make or break companies, especially in this economy. I may only be one person but I take my purchasing decisions seriously.

As I understand it Antec's kuhler series is made by Asetek. Probably will have to wait a bit longer but I expect to see the below cooler in an Antec version in the US.

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/ne...d-preorder-dates-for-240mm-super-cooler-.html

I did see H100 in stock at best buy, but by the time i was in checkout and about to buy em, they were outta stock.

Thats probably because they were never in stock and it was a mistake.

Thats probably because they were never in stock and it was a mistake.

Naw im sure they were in stock, I was able to add it in the cart and everything.

The reason I didnt get it, because I had to make a best buy account and that took for freakin ever....

Just give it time, the H80 is in stock at newegg now, the H100 will be as well very soon.

"Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced worldwide retail availability of the Hydro Series™ H80 and H100 liquid CPU coolers."

The above statement certainly implies that I would be able to purchase and receive an H100 right now, if it was indeed "available worldwide". Yet they will not be available until the end of the month. Perhaps not an outright lie, but it is quite a deceiving statement to make.

Also, I have to disagree about who's loss it is. As consumers we have the power in our buying decisions, we make or break companies, especially in this economy. I may only be one person but I take my purchasing decisions seriously.

As I understand it Antec's kuhler series is made by Asetek. Probably will have to wait a bit longer but I expect to see the below cooler in an Antec version in the US.

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/ne...d-preorder-dates-for-240mm-super-cooler-.html
Retail availability != available at retail stores. Retail stores still need to buy the coolers... then there's processing time and shipping, etc...

Naw im sure they were in stock, I was able to add it in the cart and everything.

The reason I didnt get it, because I had to make a best buy account and that took for freakin ever....

Just give it time, the H80 is in stock at newegg now, the H100 will be as well very soon.

Directron also supposedly had them in stock and on sale about a month ago. People ordered them, and then their orders were canceled because they realized they were not going to be able to ship them as they did not actually have any in stock and none were being shipped to them.

Retail availability != available at retail stores. Retail stores still need to buy the coolers... then there's processing time and shipping, etc...

Yet the H80 was available that day. Interesting that the definition of "retail availability" would differ for the H100.

Yet the H80 was available that day. Interesting that the definition of "retail availability" would differ for the H100.

it is very possible that retail availability of the H80 came a few days early, but they chose to wait and announce the H80 and the H100 on the same day :p

im looking to get the H100 and i want to do push/pull setup with it but im curious which fans should i be looking at getting?

Honestly guys, if you are planning to spend the money on the H100 I'd suggest going with the XSPC kit. This kit will be a lot more efficient and temps will be lower guaranteed. I would have gone this route had I wanted to use that size radiator but I opted for the Kuhler 920 which has been great.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_-HOT.html

Performance wise I would agree.

A contained kit like the Corsairs will never perform as well as a well made custom WC kit.

That being said, the enclosed systems have many advantages as well, primarily in that they are maintenance free, and water accidents are MUCH less likely to happen (and when they do, you have warranty!)

Honestly guys, if you are planning to spend the money on the H100 I'd suggest going with the XSPC kit. This kit will be a lot more efficient and temps will be lower guaranteed. I would have gone this route had I wanted to use that size radiator but I opted for the Kuhler 920 which has been great.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_-HOT.html

You are killing me here. Now you have me thinking about doing my own custom water cooling and I will probably blow the money on it. Damn you and being reasonable!

So, here's an update.

I spoke to the sales guys at both CoolIT and Maingear.

CoolIT told me that the 180mm unit is a Maingear exclusive and they can't sell it to anyone else.

So I contacted Maingear, and they said they had just had a meeting on the every subject of whether or not to sell the unit individually, and decided to do so.

Long story short, I got a working link to a page in their store for the Epic 180 Cooler and placed my order today. :)

I have been told (by their sales guy) that it comes with a bracket that works well for a Raven RV01 case. I have an RV03, so I'm hoping it will fit well, but if it doesn't I can always break out the metal shears and dremel.

I'm actually not even sure what it comes with yet, if it includes a fan, or if its the closed loop radiator/pump only, and what socket bracket it comes with. I guess I'll find out when it arrives.

It's a little pricey at $199, and comes in a large box (I've been told) which is why shipping is pricey too at $41, but short of building a high end custom water loop, this should be the best CPU cooling you can get.

I'll keep you guys informed :)

Let us know what all it comes with and how well it performs compared to your H50 when it arrives Zarathustra. I may return the H80 that is arriving today and pick one up to use in my Silverstone FT02 if it outperforms it by a fair margin.

Let us know what all it comes with and how well it performs compared to your H50 when it arrives Zarathustra. I may return the H80 that is arriving today and pick one up to use in my Silverstone FT02 if it outperforms it by a fair margin.

I expect that it will :D.

I don't want to derail this thread - though - so why don't we discuss over here.

Where did you get that it's not coming in August? It says you wont be able to pre order in July... It will be out in August.

Where does it say its coming in August?

The original announcement with pre-order and release dates is completely invalidated with the more recent news that another brand is bringing it to market. Maybe an assumption on my part that we won't see it in August but there is nothing in their latest comments to suggest it is coming any time soon. They haven't even announced who this other brand is-even though it is most likely Antec-so I don't see the point in expecting it to come out on the same time frame as previously announced.

Do these Corsair water coolers make any noise besides the fan? Any humming from the pump?

Do these Corsair water coolers make any noise besides the fan? Any humming from the pump?

I only have experience with the H50. With the H50 I have never heard any pump hum/noise, and my rig is otherwise very quiet. (all fans throttled down to just a few percent when not under load)

Maybe this will drop bthe swiftech h20 self contained.

I'd love to see that in the mix for reviews, being the parts are avaliable as a true diy loop.

Yeah I saw that deal today also, 69.99. Almost bought it but I recently have had the problem of wanting too much lol

Back