Corsair Hydro Series Liquid CPU Coolers Now Available

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced worldwide retail availability of the Hydro Series™ H80 and H100 liquid CPU coolers. The Hydro Series H80 and H100 feature the latest cooling performance technology, simple installation, and maintenance-free operation. Both include a low-profile, light-weight cooling unit with a micro-channel copper cold plate and a split-flow manifold for superior cooling. They also include digital fan control, allowing the user to select between quit, balanced, and performance cooling profiles. The H80 includes a double-thick 120mm radiator for compatibility with virtually all standard ATX PC cases. The top-of-the-line H100 uses a dual 120mm radiator for even better performance, and is compatible with PC cases that provide mounting capability for a standard 240mm radiator.

They say its available but their site says its "out of stock" and no retailers seem to have them in stock.

H80s have been in stock and are selling through - H100s are shipping this week to resellers.

Hey Redbeard,
Any chance of Corsair making an Obsidian 800D with a USB 3.0 in the front? :D:D

I've been pondering either to get the 650D or the 800D but I think I've decided on the 800D. A few reviews warned that the 650D with a 1000w PSU had some room issues, so that frightened me too much. :eek: I think I'll get the 880D monster. (Such and Innnnteresting monster too!! :D)

I can't wait for a [H] review on both coolers.

With what cases would the H100 be compatible?

On Corsairs site they list a few of their own cases it fits in without modification to the cases..

You can also make it work in pretty much any case as long as you are a little creative.

I currently have my H50 mounted in my drive bay, pulling air in through the mesh drive bay covers and it appears to work pretty well. I plan on putting an H100 here (provided they review well, which I can't imagine they won't)

All it took was me drilling a couple of custom mounting holes in the side of the drive bay for it to fit exactly where I wanted it.

Another option is to pull out the drill and hack saw and make your own 120mm fan hole (complete with screw mounting holes) right next to an existing one, or make two new ones. I've even seen some people do custom mounts to their case doors.

OK, I have a quick off topic question, sorry for not searching for this first, but, what's the difference between Corsair's Dominator and Vengeance memory? Which is better, and why?
What made you buy one over the other, price being the lowest factor (money is not a problem for me)

Thank you! :D

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced worldwide retail availability of the Hydro Series™ H80 and H100 liquid CPU coolers.

H80s have been in stock and are selling through - H100s are shipping this week to resellers.

It's great that the H80 is available, but perhaps you should have waited until the H100 was actually in stock to announce "worldwide retail availability".

To answer the memory question, the dominator is suppose to be more higher end memory but as I noticed they dont have 1.5 native stock sticks, the heatsinks on them look cooler tho. The vengence seems to be more targeted towards sandybridge, and the dominiator seems to be targeted at x58/amd

To answer the memory question, the dominator is suppose to be more higher end memory but as I noticed they dont have 1.5 native stock sticks, the heatsinks on them look cooler tho. The vengence seems to be more targeted towards sandybridge, and the dominiator seems to be targeted at x58/amd

mt2e,
Thanks. I'm not sure yet what mobo I'm getting, not even sure yet if I'm going intel or AMD. Im waiting to see how Bulldozer fares, plus the intel LGA2011 socket is coming (which I see that the H80 and 100 are both compatible with). I am assuming that socket is for Ivy Bridge, or no? In that regard I'm sure there will be ram for either side. I'll have to check back when I'm ready. Right now I'm just deciding on my case, which I think is going to be the 800D. I'm pretty sure the hydro series coolers will be compatible in that case ;)

Thanks for your input on the memory. If prices stay the way they are, I'm hoping to get 16-24gigs

I really want to see a review of the H100. I was going to get the Noctua NH-D14, but this looks promising. I have been meaning to move towards water cooling but I am lazy... : (

At last. Definitely want to see a review. By the way, will the H100 fit into an NZXT Phantom?

It might be time to retire my TRUE120.

The H100 will fit in my Antec 1200 :)

if you get it let us know how well it mount's in the antec 1200 since thats the case i eventually plan on getting when i build my new system months down the road if/when AMD releases the FX 8130P.

I wish Corsair would release an self contained GPU cooling unit or at least brackets to mount to various cards.

if you get it let us know how well it mount's in the antec 1200 since thats the case i eventually plan on getting when i build my new system months down the road if/when AMD releases the FX 8130P.

Will do, as soon as I see it ill snag one take some pics and post em.

Im pretty confident it will. My Eco 240 with 4 fans fit nicely inside my phanthom case. I posted pictures of it in the forums.

Im pretty confident it will. My Eco 240 with 4 fans fit nicely inside my phanthom case. I posted pictures of it in the forums.

I'm going to assume you meant to quote my question about the Phantom case. :p

Thanks for the vote of confidence. H100 + NZXT Phantom is what I'm currently looking at for my build later this year.

This is a good step in the right direction for all in one WC units. Older all in one units cost $200+ for decent WC ability. Now you can get that for $100 with less work involved. Crazy!

the H100 should fit nicely mounted inside to the top of a coolermaster HAF 922 right? since it has mounting holes for 2 120mm fans.

i was going to order a 200mm fan for the side of the case but if this mounts fine in the top ill just move that fan to the side when i install the H100

You can see the thermal resistance numbers between the H100 (same as a CoolIT ECO II with 240mm rad) and the D14 here.

^click on the graph in the middle to get the numbers

edit: here's a direct link:

http://imageshack.us/f/600/coolingefficiency.jpg/

How do you know it is the same as the coolit 240? it could have different fin design or density, different thickness or different internal flow characteristics. Not all dual 120mm rads are the same. In fact they can produce VERY different results.

I kinda like that 180mm unit. No idea where I'd mount it though :p

I hope you are right, as the only sites listing an ETA for the H100 say the end of July. As of right now it looks like we will be waiting at least a few more weeks.

I don't even know why I'm wanting the h100 to come out sooner rather than later, I'm not even building till September... I guess right now I'm just excited for performance numbers.

Zarathustra[H];1037500424 said:
How do you know it is the same as the coolit 240? it could have different fin design or density, different thickness or different internal flow characteristics. Not all dual 120mm rads are the same. In fact they can produce VERY different results.

I kinda like that 180mm unit. No idea where I'd mount it though :p

It's exactly the same, just ask CoolIT. ;)

Zarathustra[H];1037500927 said:
Interesting.

How come I have never heard of this unit before? Is it European market only or something?

The ECO 240 was available directly from CoolIT pre-Corsair. The model in that graph is the ECO II head (same cold plate/pump used in Corsair units) matched to the ECO 240 radiator, which was reused for the H100. So thermally it has the same profile as H100. CoolIT is selling directly to the OEM market only now, as the retail channel is exclusive to Corsair.

Back