Corsair Hydro Series H80i and H100i CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair Hydro Series H80i and H100i CPU Cooler Review - Corsair updates its aging H80 and H100 performance liquid CPU coolers, with the new H80i and H100i models. Changes include a new cold plate design, smooth outer diameter no-kink tubing designed to further limit evaporation, and newer designed fans claiming better static pressures, and quieter operation.

Great review. I upgraded to a h100i after an h100 failed. There is a noticeable performance boost. My one gripe about the h100i is the placement of the hose connectors to the pump. Looking through the window on my case, I can hardly see the pump led's because the tubes are crossing over them. If positioned the other way, not only would the corsair logo be upside down, but the tubes cross just over the ram. This would prevent you from being able to swap ram without unscrewing the h100i radiator.

Flawed design in that respect, but solid performance otherwise.

I have a question on installation of 100i in 500R case ?

Can you install rad either in top section and fans below above MB so mesh can still be used for clean look . not sure rad would fit below and fans on top .

Wish this review was posted two weeks ago when I built my new rig. I would have gone for the h100i instead of the h80i that I did. Still, the review does tell me I may want to try re-seating my cooling block as my temps are a bit high.

I have a question on installation of 100i in 500R case ?

Can you install rad either in top section and fans below above MB so mesh can still be used for clean look . not sure rad would fit below and fans on top .

Yep.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop <har har> I'm a dedicated [H] member because hardocp is always willing to look at products from the enthusiast perspective. As an enthusiest, I would love to see the performance numbers of the H80i with a single fan in push for those of us using small cases. I'd also love to see the performance of the closed loop coolers fitted with a Gentle Typhoon AP-15, the unofficial king of 120mm radiator fans.

I need corsair to make a 180mm version, or a 360mm version. I really want a H100i but it cant fit my FT02.

I get the same temps on a stock i7950 with the Antec Kuhler 920 as the H100i with your test set-up.

Is there a comparison to be made there? Relatively the same performance ratio?

I get the same temps on a stock i7950 with the Antec Kuhler 920 as the H100i with your test set-up.

Is there a comparison to be made there? Relatively the same performance ratio?

What cooling do you have on your Graphics Card?

Great review, thanks. What do you think about the pre-applied stock tim, good one or worth to replace?

I need corsair to make a 180mm version, or a 360mm version. I really want a H100i but it cant fit my FT02.

Same here, 180mm would be awesome especially with AP-182 Fans.

In the picture from the review, the fans are on top of the rad outside of the case. In this setup, the fans need to blow into the case, right?

Last edited:
I tried the H80i, but found the screw hole design in the radiators to be weak. Did a mild tug-test after install and the whole damn thing pulled off.

Took it back and went with a 212 Evo.

Edit: Edit button. Cool. Just wanted to say thanks for that :)

I have the h100 and at full load with a fx6300 @ 4.5ghz @ 1.5v it keeps me at 60c full load great all in one cooling kit.

I'm looking to replace my custom water cooling set up, as it's getting long in the tooth (Danger Den, Eheim pump, etc.). The H100i looks like it will fit in my case just fine, and look nice and neat. :) Thanks for the review. I was debating on a good air cooler or a decent pre-made water cooler. Think this sold me. I had a $100 budget, but going over $10 won't kill me. I'll pimp myself for that.

BTW: You went with Noctua paste. Any reason for not using Arctic Silver anymore? I haven't used anything but for a long time. Just curious as to if the Noctua is the new king of the hill.

Tempting, especially since my old pump for a custom water cooling setup is just way too loud. Pumps generally get louder with age? (years)

My H100 pump was quieter than my H100i pump. Mine is giving off a high pitch noise that a lot are reporting. This makes me want to go custom loop.

I really like the new H80i. The hoses are super flexible and do not collapse easly, as i fit it in this without too much modification:

IMG_20130109_231341_zpsdd64121c.jpg

Would like the H100i but it won't fit my Antec Three Hundred unless I dremel the top.

Interesting that the price points are so close between the two...

H100i is a fantastic unit, keeps my cpu about 1-2C above ambient and at load right around 60C :D

Hasn’t the H100i been superseded by the H110?

Maybe its becasue the H100i fits in more cases?
But I was also wondering how the H110 compares to the H100i performancewise. After reading the review I really want to get one of the two.

I was wondering if the h100i would fit in my Phantom case with the 2x200mm fans installed in the top? Its the original NZXT Phantom chassis to prevent any confusion. If anyone can shed some light on this i would be eternally greatful. Thanks

My hyper 212 is running my CPU i930 overclocked to 3.8mhz at 50~52c at idle and 85+c at full load. Cant wait to get my h100i i ordered. Hoping to see at least 10+c drop.

I've been close to getting an h80 for a week now and couldn't decide between the h80/h80i. After all the reading I've done I didn't realize the h80i had software controlled Led's and fans speeds. This review has made my decision, thanks.

I had to fit the H100i rad backwards in my 500R because ive got an antec 620 on my GPU, the H100 fit fine, but because of the larger diameter tubing of the H100i I had to bend the case in with some pliers to allow the rad to be mounted. Worked out just fine, just something to keep in mind!

How much do these units benefit from a push/pull configuration as opposed to stock? I don't think I saw that in the benchmarks.

Just FYI, the H100i does fit into the Corsair 300R with an ASRock Z77 Extreme4. It was a tight fit but I made it work! :)

What's up with the silver paste that's already on the H80i? I just got mine, should I scrape it off for artic silver ceramic? I'm gonna test it myself, just wondering if anyone else have just left the h80i paste on?

What's up with the silver paste that's already on the H80i? I just got mine, should I scrape it off for artic silver ceramic? I'm gonna test it myself, just wondering if anyone else have just left the h80i paste on?

Unfortunately I couldn't test since I had to reseat the cooler, womp womp.

Back