Corsair Hydro H110i GT Ext. Perf. AIO CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair Hydro H110i GT Ext. Perf. AIO CPU Cooler Review - We finally get around to reviewing Corsair's biggest and baddest sealed AIO CPU cooler, the H110i GT. When it comes to what this AIO really does for you, Corsair tells us that it provides the "excellent heat dissipation you need for highly overclocked CPUs." Of course, we will be the judge of that.

Last edited:
I would love to see the Link software included in these reviews; issues with it, ease of use, stability, gui et al. There are many posts of issues in Win 8 with the software, and if you are running other monitoring software (especially Asus software) or say GPU Oc'ing software it can crash out on your regularly. Not to mention the problems with even getting it installed and working.

Now, I get you don't need the software, you can run it off of your motherboard, but it is included and a part of the system. It would just be a nice to have, for those of us that use it, maybe we can see their progress over time tackling the performance and stability problems. I don't visit the Corsair forums very often, including it in a review will give viewers and owners alike a good idea of what they might run into.

If I didn't already have an H100i running in my system I'd definitely be looking at this one as my cooler of choice. I don't need extreme overclocking potential, but the ability to run it dead silent and still have it provide excellent cooling performance is a winner for me.

I too would have loved to see the Link software touched on in this review, it's a sore spot for a lot of Corsair Hydro users. Currently, I can switch between Silent, Balanced and Performance modes just by right-clicking on the Link tray icon, does the software let you switch the pump from Quiet to Performance mode the same way? It's a giant pain in the ass for me to actually open up the Link software, 9 times out of 10 it'll crash, likely due to a conflict with the Asus monitoring software that came with my motherboard.

I would love to see the Link software included in these reviews; issues with it, ease of use, stability, gui et al. There are many posts of issues in Win 8 with the software, and if you are running other monitoring software (especially Asus software) or say GPU Oc'ing software it can crash out on your regularly. Not to mention the problems with even getting it installed and working.

Now, I get you don't need the software, you can run it off of your motherboard, but it is included and a part of the system. It would just be a nice to have, for those of us that use it, maybe we can see their progress over time tackling the performance and stability problems. I don't visit the Corsair forums very often, including it in a review will give viewers and owners alike a good idea of what they might run into.

I have to agree, mainly because connecting to Link is normally given as a feature of the various coolers, so it's only fair to review how well that feature works, if at all.

As a H100i owner and last AIO I will ever buy. The software really is trash on any current OS!

Still not a contender to the H240-X in terms of noise/performance.

Not that that's surprising or unexpected.

Thanks for the review. I actually managed to grab one of these the day they came out.
Fit like a dream into my Air 540. Can't wait to see how it handles a 5820K once I manage to buy one.

There seem to be stocking issues on these Swiftech units as well.

Tell me something I do not know.
I just cancelled the order of a H240-X. My credit card expired since I made the purchase!

I will pick up a H110i GT once it will be available.

As a previous H100/H100i owner, I sure hope they have fixed the non-working link software they use as a selling feature for these. Oh and the rad's did they beef them up to avoid them stripping out if you even look at them the wrong way...I hope so. Jumped ship to the H240X and expanded the loop at the same time, I love Corsair, just not their Asetek AIO licensed designs. Wont ever buy an Asetek product again.

As a previous H100/H100i owner, I sure hope they have fixed the non-working link software they use as a selling feature for these. Oh and the rad's did they beef them up to avoid them stripping out if you even look at them the wrong way...I hope so. Jumped ship to the H240X and expanded the loop at the same time, I love Corsair, just not their Asetek AIO licensed designs. Wont ever buy an Asetek product again.

nor the h100 or h100i are asetek designs, its easy to recognize the square based pump/block are Coolit desigs, the round based pump/block are asetek designs.. so h80, H60(all editions), h100, h100i are coolit.. h50, h55, h70, (all versions) h90 and original h110 are asetek.. I sincerely do not understand what the problem its with the corsair link software, i've used it with my personal h100i, and with some work machines with a couple of h80i and h100i never issues, I think most problems are caused by the users who typically download the software for the corsair commander (or commander mini) which cause issues when used with a corsair HXXXi product..

and to the thread.. i'll be buying one of this to replace my actual h100i =D..

Maybe I missed the reason, but why was the stock thermal compound removed just to apply another compound? Makes more sense to keep the stock compound so we can see the results as a stock unit.

Maybe I missed the reason, but why was the stock thermal compound removed just to apply another compound? Makes more sense to keep the stock compound so we can see the results as a stock unit.

that's necessary to avoid variables that can affect the results between coolers, when you are testing a cooler and comparing with others, you have to use same conditions of temperature and same machine, including, case, Thermal compound and etc.. only that way the only variable left will be the cooling potential. yes, the included Shin Etsu TIM that corsair include pre-applied its better than the noctua NT-H1 used in the test by 1-3degrees depend on the application method but the consistency in the test have to be maintained, that's the good thing of [H] reviews..

If we mounted it once and went through the full testing that would be easy, but we don't. We like to pull the initial mount to see how the mounting works and the TIM faces with the surfaces. After that is done, we cannot use the stock TIM any more.

Now your argument to that is going to be, "Mount it, test it, then pull the block." And that would be great if every system mounted perfectly on the first test. When it does not however, then we just wasted a lot of resources. And if that happens, do you want us to start cross shipping full systems to get a stock TIM.

Also, I would suggest that many of our readers use their own TIMs as well.

I tried an h60i when that one first released, and the dba level was good but aside from dba, the pump ran at a pitch that was piercing and gave me headaches. It wasn't loud, it was just penetrating, and it persisted when the fans were unplugged. Anyone else noticed that with any of the other corsairs?

The H110i will have to honor to cool my new shiny 5930K.
What is the latest date on availability?

As a H100i owner and last AIO I will ever buy. The software really is trash on any current OS!

Have you tried the latest version of C Link? the newest one is version 3.1 Yes, we did come across issues with certain OS in the past particularly with Win 8.1, but we've been consistently releasing newer versions to address those bugs, and from what we have seen in the last few months, the SW has made some good progress based on the feedback that we have received from actual C link users.

I liked the bit of getting pretty decent performance at low settings such that I could "run this in a library and nobody would notice".

So when is Corsair going to start selling these again? Seems like they have disappeared after the recall.

I have just asked the Cooler Product Manger regarding this and looks like we won't see them again for at least next couple of weeks.

Just bought this to cool my 5930K. It cools the processor well even with low fan speed but has horrible pump noise. Since I purchased it from USA and brought it to UAE. I have no choice but to chalk this one up to bad luck as if I send such a heavy unit back to Corsair USA for RMA, it will cost me 100 bucks or more.

Advise against purchasing it unless from a local store where you can bitch and moan to get a replacement.

So cooler died after 1 week of use. Let's see if corsair agrees on replacement without sending in defective unit that will cost 100 to ship to usa.
Wow corsair has approved RMA and also generated a prepaid return label. This is awesome.

Last edited:
So cooler died after 1 week of use. Let's see if corsair agrees on replacement without sending in defective unit that will cost 100 to ship to usa.
Wow corsair has approved RMA and also generated a prepaid return label. This is awesome.

Corsair service reputation is exactly why I'm leaning towards the H110i GT over a couple other 280mm AIOs.

they are the same cooler, just with the block/pump from modded to be used with the HG10 GTX series (970, 980, 980TI and Titan X) the cooler was presented at Computex with several new HG10 Nvidia Brackets.. for the type of block/pump I guess they changed from CoolIT to Asetek which also can explain the different reservoir in the radiator, a bit curved..

Now you know that we'll stand behind our product ;) Glad to see that we've got it all sorted out for you.

they are the same cooler, just with the block/pump from modded to be used with the HG10 GTX series (970, 980, 980TI and Titan X) the cooler was presented at Computex with several new HG10 Nvidia Brackets.. for the type of block/pump I guess they changed from CoolIT to Asetek which also can explain the different reservoir in the radiator, a bit curved..

Yes, that is correct, they are going to be technically the same in terms of overall performance, except for a couple of design variances. Like coldplate shape, tube/pump placement, stock fans, etc. AND they are both compatible with our HG10 GPU brackets. Both models are going to be available at the same time, GTX is not replacing GT, they will co-exist :)

Wow, my cooler has already shipped from Taiwan. This is frickin' awesome. Took them all of 2 days to assess and ship out a new cooler. :eek:

Now you know that we'll stand behind our product ;) Glad to see that we've got it all sorted out for you.

Yes, that is correct, they are going to be technically the same in terms of overall performance, except for a couple of design variances. Like coldplate shape, tube/pump placement, stock fans, etc. AND they are both compatible with our HG10 GPU brackets. Both models are going to be available at the same time, GTX is not replacing GT, they will co-exist :)
Indeed this is my second pleasant experience with RMA. First was Logitech. :D

I read the review on this and I bought the Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX - almost the same thing. And it really is fantastic at being silent and effective. Just what I was looking for after years of having blowers under the desk.

I read the review on this and I bought the Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX - almost the same thing. And it really is fantastic at being silent and effective. Just what I was looking for after years of having blowers under the desk.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.. I'm glad to hear that you like it :)

Back