Corsair Hydro H100 Lifespan

GreenGoose

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a Corsair Hydro H100 exactly four years ago this month. It has worked great with zero issues on my 2600K. Should I continue to use it for my Skylake 6700K build or is it time to replace it? I also have a Noctua NH-D14 that I could use. I would like to hit 4.7 on my 6700K.

Last edited:

auntjemima

[H]ard DCOTM x2
Mine is about as old as yours and when I upgrade I plan to reuse it.

Until it makes excessive noise or no longer functions adequately I will continue to use it. Doesn't make sense not to, its a great cooler.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
My H100 and H80 both died. I think there was a recall on them due to a defect? At any rate Corsair sent me a new H100i a year ago and a H80i GT this past Monday. Cross shipped them with zero questions asked other than requesting a copy of the original invoice that I screen captured from Amazon.

GreenGoose

[H]ard|Gawd
My H100 and H80 both died. I think there was a recall on them due to a defect? At any rate Corsair sent me a new H100i a year ago and a H80i GT this past Monday. Cross shipped them with zero questions asked other than requesting a copy of the original invoice that I screen captured from Amazon.

Yeah, I've read a lot about them having pump failure. Even though mine has run flawlessly, it's four years old and that's what is making me nervous.

WarLust

Limp Gawd
I have the same original cooler on my 2600k at 4.8Ghz and it still works great. I'm still on the fence on whether I should reuse it for my Skylake build or get the GTX version.