Corsair HX1000 Owners

localhost

n00b
1) I have a 3pin RTX 3080 ti and bought a Corsair HX 1000 psu and was wondering does it have 3 seperate cables of 8pins for the graphics card?

2) Also my specs are 12900K and RTX 3080 ti does that mean the fan will start spinning all the time? Since Alder Lake are power hungry?

1. Yes.

2. No your system will use less then 200w most of the time. The fan on the psu will spin as needed and should remain quiet under most loads.

1. Yes.

2. No your system will use less then 200w most of the time. The fan on the psu will spin as needed and should remain quiet under most loads.

Hmmm is this correct the cables that come with the HX1000 are pigtails with two (6+2) on one cable. Does this mean I can use 3 seperate cables and plug in 3 into my graphics card and there will be another 3 just dangling?

Will this work I don’t want to daisy chain just want seperate power going into the card.

Hmmm is this correct the cables that come with the HX1000 are pigtails with two (6+2) on one cable. Does this mean I can use 3 seperate cables and plug in 3 into my graphics card and there will be another 3 just dangling?

Will this work I don’t want to daisy chain just want seperate power going into the card.
Yes you can leave them hanging or tucked back. Def should run 3 separate cables to it.

You can just run one solo cable + 1 of the Y splits. The idea that 3 dedicated cables are required (or even makes any measureable difference at all) is nothing more than some voodoo witchcraft BS invented by internet kids who have little to no idea what they're talking about. If you get some nice cablemod cables, feel free to run 3 dedicated cables purely for aesthetic reasons (actually, get them ganged into one 24-pin set for a super clean look). If you're sticking with the cables that ship with the PSU, just run 1x8 and 1x8+8 because it's easier.

If you can correctly identify which connectors here have which type of cable, I will send you a 3090. All of the ones in the screen cap are powered by the same AX1600i.

Attachments

• 3090 voltages.jpg
    3090 voltages.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 17
Back