Corsair HX 620W PS - $104.99 after MIR & Free S&H

Serious?! This isn't hot. You coulda gotten a 750W pc power and cooling for $65 after MIR. I got a 650W corsair from newegg for $85 back in august.

Serious?! This isn't hot. You coulda gotten a 750W pc power and cooling for $65 after MIR. I got a 650W corsair from newegg for $85 back in august.

Find this model for anything under $125 after rebate (from a reputable online retailer), not happening. Don't forget, this is the HX series. One of the very few that has survived HardOCPs PS torture test. That's a pretty amazing feat regardless of how you look at it.

For CA people that have to pay tax..... Amazon has this for $140.75 no tax and free shipping.... Also comes with a $30 mail in rebate so it briungs it down to $110.75 AR.

Link

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That and the PSU as a whole just screams quality: the build, the package, the accessories, everything.

Anyway, good price on this, best I've seen in awhile anyway. I bought one about a year and a half ago and it's been great the whole time.

Have this PSU in my parents PC. One hell of a PSU. Absolutely love it!

I got mine for $65 on eBay used but in almost brand new condition. 90% of the cables weren't even used! :) :D

Keep your petty arguments out of this forum. This is [H]otDeals, not a discussion forum. Both of you need to chill before I start handing out vacations for threadcrapping.

Back on topic

I can't say I've ever been excited by a power supply purchase - for me, they basically don't suck or they suck. It's never been a component that I go gaga over -- but I do always go for the higher end ones a read the [H] reviews carefully, because I have had one PSU that did suck, and what a miserable experience that was. Props to the [H] PSU reviews that actually test the things - I can't stand sites that put the PSU in a computer, run 3DMark and report what the 12v readings in Speedfan were during the test -- there are some absofreakinlutely useless reviews out there.

Back to never being excited about a PSU -- Maybe I should buy this one for the experience?

The power supply may not be an item to be excited about but it's one you should never be cheap, don't save on it or you may find it more costly or inconvenient later on, never save on the PS and get a good one ;)
donut.gif

I got a great deal on a Corsair HX520 a year and a half or more ago. I couldn't be happier. At the moment it is powering my system, OCed as it is, and 2 8800 GTS 512's, completely stable.
During my last move I misplaced the cables not in use. Corsair quickly responded and then shipped out new cables to me at no cost.

Great quality inside and out, and outstanding customer service! Buy two.

I got it last year for $110 at one of CompUSA closeouts. I realize what a good deal it was, as it hasn't depreciated much.
It's extremely quiet and efficient!

At the moment it is powering my system, OCed as it is, and 2 8800 GTS 512's, completely stable.

During my last move I misplaced the cables not in use. Corsair quickly responded and then shipped out new cables to me at no cost.

both of these things are awesome.

I personally think that is too much too. NightOps is right.
Umm.. huh? What is *too much*? The flaming, or the price? Just curious. Seems like everyone has an opinion.

I'll admit, for a 620W PS, $100 after rebate does seem a tad much. However, as it has been expressed by many, Corsair has phenomenal support, and a 5-year warranty to boot!

Not to blast OCZ (I love their RAM), but their Support is lacking (as is Logitech's). To me, it's worth paying $25~$30 extra bucks for Support that isn't going to hassle me for days on end just to get a replacement. Corsair will ship as soon as they confirm something is in warranty - half the time they won't even bother with asking you to return the defunct item, and if they do, they always have taken care of the shipping on the return.

Great price for a 600~700w PS? Not really. Great price for a Corsair HX 620w, definitely. Is Corsair worth the extra $$? On average, YES if you OC or ever need to call Support.

it's modular and has the flex force style peripheral cables. considering how the 750W pcp&c isn't modular, not all the cables are sleeved, white connectors, and has an unusually high DOA rate (read the newegg reviews and even people who bought them on slickdeals got more than a few DOA's) i'd say this psu is worth it. and im sure you're TX650 isn't modular nor does it have flat cables. worth a $20 premium to me.

The price changed yet again, only a short time later... $153.49 - $30 rebate.

What's up with companies changing their prices like it's a barrel of oil?... My only guess is they incorporate some sort of technology to modify the price given demand. As their stock increases, the price goes down. As the stock decreases, the price jumps up.

Makes sense but what a PITA to plan a system build.

I think I've decided on a Corsair TX-850 from Newegg for $139 - $10 weekly newsletter coupon code - $20 rebate ($109 all told). I don't really want a non-modular supply, but I'd feel better with the extra oomph and PCIe connectors for SLI in the future.

it was $105AR at ZZF for better than a week.

For CA people that have to pay tax..... Amazon has this for $140.75 no tax and free shipping.... Also comes with a $30 mail in rebate so it briungs it down to $110.75 AR.

Link

Still able to get it at amazon for $6 more than ZZF

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back