Corsair HS1A analog Headset $49.95 & shipping + $10.00 rebate

Haha nice, I live 5 blocks from their Santa Clara location. They've been around for about 2 decades and have provided sales and services to Silicon Valley companies for quite some time. Started off as a mom and pop store and have grown steadily since. I sometimes stop by to buy cables and little things like that, they do get reps from Intel for product launches, I think they got some flak for selling some Intel chips before launch date one time.

Gahhhh!!!! I have been trying so hard not to spend money (I just got paid today too) but this is sooooo tempting...plus I drive past their Santa Clara location on the way to work. What to do, what to do...I might have to bite on this.

Snagged a pair off Amazon after reading the [H] review. Digging them. Pretty comfy and sound nice.

Fudge, I just paid for tuition for summer and fall and now you guys are tempting me with this. MY MONIES!

Thanks, ordered. While my ATH-AD700's sound nice, they're horrible with loud neighbors or a loud wife lol.

Thanks, ordered. While my ATH-AD700's sound nice, they're horrible with loud neighbors or a loud wife lol.

I know what you mean, the AD500 is as open and leaky as the AD700, and anytime someone in the house does anything it takes me out of the music/movie/gaming zone. It sucks. :(

Great deal OP, nice find. I want one, but I don't need it.

I knew about this but thanks for the reminder to go pick one up tomorrow. Nice to know a few I can drive to, but its too bad the San Mateo one isn't open it (2 minute drive vs 20 minutes).

I can only comment on the B&M side but I find their customer service really nice.

I used to live 4-5 blocks as well from this place. It's a relatively small non-commercial establishment. Ya got a few guys walking around in an old building, there's racks with various stuff, a few old glass display cases ~ got's a very 80's feel to it.

It is legit. Probably one of the only stores that didn't get crushed by Fry's Best Buy etc ~

Its a very comfortable headset, doesn't even feel like you have it on. Sounds great too

while i don't question the legitimacy of the online shop, central computer doesn't actually make money selling computer goods. the store is a front for their flooring business. they make a ton of money selling cheap bamboo flooring (cash only).

those of you who live near the santa clara branch, you haven't noticed the flooring displays in the back?

For anyone who has them, any thoughts on the bass? A lot of reviews I've read complain that there is not enough bass on these things.

Hard to compare it unless you've owned a few sets of circumaural headphones.
As a circumaural headset newbie, they sound pretty good to me. I would imagine open-design cans will be able to push a bit more bass due to their design but unless you're trying to replicate actual subwoofers in your ears these should do the job nicely.
I normally use a 5.1 system with a subwoofer, via toslink from an Auzentech 7.1 DTS/DDL card, for my PC gaming, so wearing a headset for gaming use is a new world for me, but I am quite satisfied with the quality of these cans across the sound spectrum.

Came out to ~$62 after shipping, but still cheaper than newegg/amazon. Rebate should help too, if I remember to actually send the damn thing lol. Thanks for the link! I really needed a new headset. Using a $10 radioshack RCA special atm :S

I bit...but it's being sent to my parents house for my safety. My wife says I'm addicted but I can stop whenever I want to.

They (Central Computer) don't price match, which doesn't really surprise me.
It's a Chinese company!

Aside from sometimes good deals, they are almost like Best Buy when it comes to prices: always late to lower the price and refuse to lower it unless I guess the manager does it on the register/computer.

Last edited:
The bass is pretty decent on these if you have an equalizer that you can adjust. The speaker response is pretty flat so they respond well to any changes you make with an EQ.

The headset is really comfy too. The microfiber pads cut out a lot of outside noise but they need to be cleaned every once in a while. They come off and go back on really easily though.

Back