Corsair HS1 Gaming Headset Give-Away - 5 Sets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine waiting weeks or months for that new title you've been waiting for to come out, and finally you bring it home or digitally download and install it. Before playing it, you put a blur filter over your monitor screen to wash out the details and colors of the animations and models. Doesn't make sense does it?

Well many gamers do this very thing in an audial sense and don't even know it. Sound engineers work hard in the game studios to make the scores, effects and ambient sounds as dynamic as the visual cues. When a sub-par headset is used, people wont know what they're missing out on because sound quality is far more difficult to compare than screen-shots or frame rates.

I have a lot of screaming parrots and birds, and it's hard to hear clearly sometimes! I also need a headset to hear clearly at night, since I have to turn down all of my sounds to let all of those screaming parrots and birds sleep ;)

WoW gets new xpac in December and I want new a new headset that matches my psu, flash drive, ram and case. :eek:

So I can hear enemies coming up on me, and not hear the background noise in my house.

So I can frag the bejeebus out of someone that is behind me with a railgun. :p

Only one of the speakers on my current headset works, so I need to hear better so they can't sneak up on my left side without me ever knowing!

I need a nice gaming headset so that I can use them for extended periods of time without discomfort. This will let me set an appropriate volume without my wife complaining that the open-air subwoofer is shaking the walls too much!

I have a small home and my Father just moved in with me and I would like to play higher volumes without disturbing him or keeping him up but I don't want to lose the benefits of positional audio by using a lower end headset.

My friends always complain when I get on Vent. My heatset creates statics and the voice sometimes gets loud for no reason. When I talk, I need to talk loud too. Otherwise, people won't hear over the statics.

oh my god. I really really want one of this headset so I can enjoy the clear crisp sound. I am getting ready to ditch the old analog sound and embrace the usb sound.

My Cambridge Soundworks speakers from 1998ish are on their last legs. I would be really nice to hear some clear audio in my games once again. Time to get out of the muddy waters.

I ruptured an eardrum years ago and even after reconstruction surgery I have trouble hearing various sound frequencies out of that ear from distances so unless the sound source is extremely close I won't hear it. That is the main reason why I have to use headphones and a nice pair of headphones would be great.

I could use a set, I have a feeling I'm missing out on some sound details in-game.

Well, my $15 Logitech bargain bin headset doesn't exactly produce fantastic sound. Come to think of it, it's probably the worst part of my entire gaming setup. I get home from work quite late, usually my wife is in bed. This means it's headset time. It would be fantastic not to have to sacrifice great sound when I switch from speakers to a headset.
Thanks!

I need good headphones so my wife can sleep while I raid in WoW Cataclysm :)

I need to win this for my daughter, her headset keeps sliding down off her ears in the middle of cresendo events in Left 4 Dead 2 :eek:

I'd like to hear these, I want to know if they would be better for gaming than the audiophile cans I already own. :)

I need good headphones so I can hear the foot steps of the runners in MW2 who sneak up behind you and shank you!

I just had a buddy move in and he just started school. Both of our computers are in the same room so I would use these to help him out when he is doing his studies.

I need to hear my games better because everyone around me likes to turn the volume up on everything as loud as they can. I need to hear my opponent's footsteps, or I will end up getting ganked.

I have an aging pair of cans that have survived many lan parties and years of use, however, their starting to fall apart and I'm in the market for a new set of cans. Having a dual purpose headset that meets my needs for music, movies, games and also has a built in mic for teamplay, that is on a separate USB device is a huge win. Currently if I want have discreet audio along with voice I have to hang a mono headset around my neck with the mic angled up and then have my cans on. Two wires of different length and two items on your head not only makes for some annoying situations of getting them off but also looks rather silly, the HS1 would be a perfect solution.

Because I believe that Corsair have made a good quality product that is good value for money with both performance and comfort. I also believe it will give me an edge while gaming and keep the noise at a minimum for those long late night gaming sessions we all have.

I want to actually be able to hear foot steps in first person shooters without having to turn up my 5.1 surround sound and annoying the heck out of my roommate and everyone in the apartments around me.

thanks [H] and corsair for doing this by the way!

I have no sound, no headphones, no speakers. My speakers were destroyed on the way back from Iraq, and my ferret chewed up my cord. I still love 'em though!

shallah586

I could use these as I sit right next to the laundry room. My hd555 are falling apart after many years of abuse, and they can't quite defeat the washer of doom.

I have been using a crappy headset for so long.. using something as epic as the HS1's would blow my mind.

Well as for me, I have a new baby due in jan. Due to current space limitations he will need to be in our room and I need a quality set of headphones so I can continue gaming when he is sleeping without disturbing. I am a pretty serious gamer when not spending time with my children, unfortunately you can't play seriously in silence. Gotta hear those footsteps or sneaky nydus worms popping up!

I need them to actually hear what the game designer's want, not the annoying tin can sounds of my current headset...

My Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headphones produce great sound, but are big and bulky and lack a microhpone, so they usually stay hooked up to my stereo for music listening.

My gaming style definitely depends on listening for footsteps, and these would be the perfect set for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back