Corsair H80v2 pump failed after 6 months :(

Spoonie_G

Limp Gawd
I had the original H80i for about 5 years and the only thing that failed on that was the LED light. And that might have been software related. Glad it didn't fry a 5 day old CPU. After looking at newegg reviews this seems to be a common problem with the V2 pump design (h100v2 and H80v2). I really liked how the pump integrated with the link software. I have a corsair power supply, RGB ram and it all can be configured with the corsair link software. Now I will be down until I can get it RMA'd. I can actually buy another CPU cooler. Any recommendations (120mm)? I could buy another H80v2 today. But then I'll end up with 2 of them. Just sucks that I have to wait on the RMA process.

Last edited:
If 120mm is an absolute requirement, there are a number of them out there. Bummer about that Corsair though. I thought they were generally pretty reliable. =(

I'd suggest looking into Alphacool's Eisbaer units. They're made with better pumps, and are modular/expandable with quick disconnect fittings.

If 120mm is an absolute requirement, there are a number of them out there. Bummer about that Corsair though. I thought they were generally pretty reliable. =(

I'd suggest looking into Alphacool's Eisbaer units. They're made with better pumps, and are modular/expandable with quick disconnect fittings.

I have a Water cooled vid card that's top mounted. I could make a 240 work in the front. But the 120 fits my build much better. Thanks :)

Back