Corsair H80i v2 vs H60 fan noise

Xen0n27

n00b
I'm getting a i7-7700K for my system (upgrading from i5-7600) and decided on getting a Corsair single-fan AIO cooler to replace my Intel stock HSF.

I initially looked at the H60, but later decided to buy the H80I v2 because of it's extra features (especially the USB connection)

Looking into the H80i v2 some more, from posts I've read it sounds like it's fans can get very noisy. People are often replacing the fans with others that perform better.

From what I've read about the H60 it sounds like it is quieter than the H80i v2. Hmm... Just got the H80i v2 today from Amazon. I'm starting to think that I'll need to return it.

I do not plan to overclock at all. Should I even be worried about getting the H80i v2? The USB connection feature sounded pretty cool, but last thing I want is to make my system noisier.

If there's some other AIO cooler that performs well and is even more quiet than the H60 (and lighter weight, the H80i v2 is way heavier than I expected) I'd love any suggestions.

Thanks.

Almost forgot. Here's my current system:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv iTX Case
Asrock H270M-ITX/AC
i5-7600 (stock cooler)
2x8GB G.Skill DDR4 3000 (running at 2400 due to H270 chipset)
Plextor PX-512M8 512GB NVMe SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA SSD
Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB HDD

Pretty much all the AIO's (single 120mm/140mm) perform the same with the exception of the fans. Some fans are louder than others. You can always use different fans on the AIO. Some ppl have gotten good performance with going push/pull with some higher static pressure/lesser noise fans. Same goes with good air coolers. All amounts to preference.

I have a H80I V2 and have been quite disappointed in the unit. Coming from a review sample of an enermax Liqtech 120 double wide unit that had issues but worked quietly and kept everything under control, I have found the H80i V2 to be loud and not particularly impressive in the performance stakes. I think it is down to the pump and the fans, the pump isnt powerful enough and the fans are too loud. If you can I would go for one of the double length units as they seem to fare better than this one.

Last edited:
Back