Corsair H80 stopped working out of the blue

I bought a corsair H80 in 2011 and its on a PC I gave to my girlfriend, all of a sudden the pump noise stopped then I noticed the fan on it stopped spinning followed by the computer running slow / CPU hot. I don't think the cpu was damaged because it still turns on and boots up (I did it to test it) knowing that they can fry in 3 seconds but whatever. Anyway Has this ever happened to anyone here? Did you have corsair try to repair it? I think I'm gonna just spend $100 on another one and slap it on but my buddy told me corsair might repair it free even after warranty. Any suggestions?

that sound like the unit isn't receiving power, have you checked the molex power connector of the unit?... sometimes that's all the problem.

That was apparently the issue. I didn't bump or nudge it..nothing. didn't even seem like it was out even the slightest but I turned off power supply, pushed connectors in then turn it back on and it worked

glad to know, cheaper option is always better when you can repair yourself the unit =D. in this case, those kind of things are normal with Molex connections, That's Why I think they replaced it to SATA power, I remember old stuff of people throwing old HDD to the trash can because they didn't worked anymore, and it was just the molex connector..

Back