Corsair H70 Installation

Just looking for a few pointers here since the Corsair H70 instructions suck.

I'm assuming it is to be installed in this configuration, with the tubes of the radiator on the bottom:

Corsair-Hydro-H70.jpg

About the tubes: How flexible are they? They feel pretty damn stiff to me and I'm a bit afraid to bend them too much, but it seems like I have no choice. Can I twist them or are they glued to the connectors?

When you place the cooler into the bracket, how far do you turn it? Does it click into place after catching one notch or what? I'd like to have the Corsair logo facing upright, so it would help if I knew which notch or what angle I need to start at.

Appreciate the help!

Tubes: are pretty flexible just don't put any "kinks" in them
The tubes on the end of the Heatsink end do twist/turn abit

Installing: I would pretty much tighten up the bracket enough so that you can get the pump head into the bracket, then turn the pump head so that the "teeth" in the braket line up with the pump heads "teeth" then tighten up, after while it should catch on and tighten up as normal.

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN !!!!

I've never put on this kind of heatsink before but I found it pretty easy and straight forward.

yea, it went on very easy. start it at around 45 degrees off counter clock wise and it will end up locked exactly upright. you dont want to fuck around with it too much or you will mess up the goop. when you put the bracket on, only put about 1/2 turn on each screw. this will give you some wiggle room.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33178210@N00/5091314014/

What about the instructions suck? To me those seemed to be spot on.

I started threading the retainer to the back bracket until the screws were just into the metal nuts. Installed the board back into the case, and then when I went to mount the pump into the retainer it was able to just slide under the hooks of the retainer without having to make contact with the CPU first so it wouldn't smear the paste. Here's a shot of my install

I've never put on this kind of heatsink before but I found it pretty easy and straight forward.

CrazyBee,
You put the radiator on the outside, right?... any difference from putting it on the inside besides the space?

Xristos,

If you mount the rad inside, I think it would put a lot of tension on the tubing, unless u have a full tower case...Also there is a good chance the temps would be a good bit higher since the rad will be heated like something in an oven...

Xristos,

If you mount the rad inside, I think it would put a lot of tension on the tubing, unless u have a full tower case...Also there is a good chance the temps would be a good bit higher since the rad will be heated like something in an oven...

To me it looks like you have too much tension on one of your tubes, that would not occur if the radiator was inside.

Xristos,

Thanks. The radiator creating less heat inside the case is understandable, just wondering about the tension on the tubing inside a full tower.

Here's the latest on my h70 Install. I put together a nice little system to squeeze the radiator into my 5.25" Drive Bays.

Corsair Fan <- Radiator <- Shroud <- Scythe Ultra Kaze <- Lian Li PC-343B Fan Module

Front Loading the H70 :: AS5 applied :: A little CM

Lucky me, the stock tubing is the perfect length. The H70 is fully supported by the Fan Module. Filter changes are easy, and airflow is great. Saved me from doing a case upgrade.

Back