Corsair H70 CPU Cooler - First Install @ [H]

I was able to get one from newegg last night :] can't wait for it to arrive

it's huge, barley fits in my case lol good thing they made the tubing shorter

I wonder how this would install in the NZXT Phantom case.

Even with a big heatsink, It looks like a tight fit:

http://nzxt.com/new/images/_upload/product_gallery/_MG_8934.jpg

& since the Phantom case only has one 120mm rear exhaust, IDK.

Are the top 2 fans 140mm? It will probably also have the 120mm holes as well. It looks kind like an upgraded version of the one I have, (the WC holes are below the fan holes finally!). Swap out the 140mm fan from the top with the 120mm fan from the back vent, and youll have more room to mount the radiator. Or just stuck it to the roof in place of one of the 140mm fans.

Are the top 2 fans 140mm? It will probably also have the 120mm holes as well. It looks kind like an upgraded version of the one I have, (the WC holes are below the fan holes finally!). Swap out the 140mm fan from the top with the 120mm fan from the back vent, and youll have more room to mount the radiator. Or just stuck it to the roof in place of one of the 140mm fans.

No, They are both 200/230mm. It includes 1x200mm fan w/ option for another 200/230mm. Doesnt appear to have holes for either a 120/140mm.

Only way I can see it is to install the pull fan outside the back of the case with radiator up against back wall of case.

Got mine today, but I'm not sure if I should keep it. Some fins are bent/crushed. Not that many, but enough to make me want to exchange it for another unit. Is this a "frequent" issue with radiators?

I am pulling mine out and going back with the H50. Much quieter and the single fan does not give me some fitting issues.

Anyone got any 120mm fans they would recommend with an h50 or h70? I don't like the stock fan so much.

Either grab some GT's like fantomau said, or if you're a silence addict like I am, grab two Gelid FN-FW12BPL/FN-FW12PL fans. They're PWM fans, meaning they'll usually be running at 50% or whatever you set them to and they're incredibly quiet while running like this. They also cool a little bit better than the GT's at full speed (1-3C), but are a tiny tiny bit louder. They generally go for ~$23-$24 plus shipping, but Directron has the blue ones for $18.99 and their shipping is cheap.

http://www.directron.com/fnfw12bpl18.html

I have 5 GT 13s in my system and cannot hear a 1 of them (2 on cooler & 3 on top) & the GTs are cheaper ($13-15).

GT-13's Medium Speed:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=36_49&products_id=24747

GT-14's High Speed (OOS though):
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=36_49&products_id=24748

GT-15s Ultra High Speed:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=36_49&products_id=24749

They'll also sleeve the cable the color of your choice free ;)

Last edited:
I'll be sticking my GT AP15s on my H70. The included fans feel very cheap to me and just don't look or feel like "I can push air through a thick ass radiator." I don't know that they actually ARE cheap, and I don't know the static pressure specs on them, but they seem that way.

I'll be sticking my GT AP15s on my H70. The included fans feel very cheap to me and just don't look or feel like "I can push air through a thick ass radiator." I don't know that they actually ARE cheap, and I don't know the static pressure specs on them, but they seem that way.

Good choice :D

& the GTs are cheaper ($13-15).

I don't know why you turned it into a price debate lol, the Gelid's are PWM fans which generally cost more than 3 pin fans. Also, PFPCS may sleeve the GT's, but the 1850's are $18 and with shipping it comes out to ~$47, while the already sleeved Gelid total via Directron comes out to ~$43. I was just giving Langly options, because the GT's were too loud for me and thought it might be something Langly might care about. Furthermore, if noise isn't an issue the Gelid's still cool a tad better running at full speed...

I wasnt 'turning' this into a 'price' debate, I was simply stating how much they were is all.

I don't know why you turned it into a price debate lol, the Gelid's are PWM fans which generally cost more than 3 pin fans. Also, PFPCS may sleeve the GT's, but the 1850's are $18 and with shipping it comes out to ~$47, while the already sleeved Gelid total via Directron comes out to ~$43. I was just giving Langly options, because the GT's were too loud for me and thought it might be something Langly might care about. Furthermore, if noise isn't an issue the Gelid's still cool a tad better running at full speed...

Performance-PC sleeves them for free.

Hey guys. The price of fans has jack shit to do with the H70. Just sayin'.
35d1egi.gif

Last edited:
Having recently been screwed out of an H70 by ANTOnline I went ahead and bought the H50 from Best Buy (needed the cooler this weekend).

I cannot see how a 100mm structure could possibly fit on motherboard that more or less matches the layout of my ASUS P6T Deluxe V2. The innermost fan would pretty much sit right on top of the CPU...

You almost have to mount one of the fans on the outside of the case if you want the H70 to fit from what I can tell. Even then it would be a tight fit.

Stop the bickering or I lock this sucker and infract for off topic. Discuss, argue, rant, fine. Sniping and smart ass not so much.

Last edited:
I just ordered the H70 from the Egg. I'll also be sticking dual 120mm Gentle Typhoons at 1850rpm on it, cus it's they are the ones I own. However, I'm starting to believe the 1450rpm Gentle Typhoons should be substituted if you are going for silence without giving up too much cooling power. Plus, the 1450rpm ones are rated to live a bit longer as well.

Just got a hold of an h70. Gonna have to replace these fans just like the h50.
Both models fans really don't have that much push IMO. Guess thats a limitation some will have to live with on the h70. Really should of been something they replaced with the newer variant.

i7 930 @ 3.9ghz is running Fairly cool in a very very hot room. 75C with Linx. 60C while gaming. Still a good cooling system if you dont want to get a full blown WC setup. The tubing is a LOT easier to deal with on the h70 too.

My .2 cents

i7 930 @ 3.9ghz is running Fairly cool in a very very hot room. 75C with Linx. 60C while gaming. Still a good cooling system if you dont want to get a full blown WC setup. The tubing is a LOT easier to deal with on the h70 too.

My .2 cents

Yeah the swivel tubing is a nice touch I believe. I May get 1, That is if I can sell my TR Venomous-X :D

Does anyone know if the tubing/radiator will reach from the cpu to the front 5.25" bays of a Corsair 700D case? I was going to put a fan bay there and have it doing intake through the radiator in front and exhausting from the back and top.

So you were gonna mount the radiator to the front 5.25 bay of the 700D as intake?

I highly doubt the tubes will reach (Without modding it), They are, If I'm not mistaken, Shorter than the tubes on the H50 & I dont think the radiator would fit in the bays?

Yeah, looks like you're right. I'd either need the H50 or would need to have the H70 doing top exhaust.

how easy would it be to remove the fan blades from the fans come with h70?

I would like paint them white to match nzxt ones i have.

Why not just get 2 white NZXT fans for the H70?

I'm gonna be using 2 Scythe GT fans for my H70.

Just thought I'd pop in and report my H70 results now that I've had time to get a stable OC going.

H70 with two Scythe GT-AP15 in P/P.
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz
VCore 1.35v, everything else stock/auto.

RealTemp peak during LinX was 76/74/73/71c

Could try to push further I suppose but 4.2 is fine for me and any further will require more time spent tinkering with voltages.

My stock i7 950 (3.2ghz) with HT on idles in the high 30's, low 40's. 20 mins on p95 has it at 63/68/67/66 right now.

My airflow is rubbish though, I've got cables glogging it all up right now with stock fans. I'll update with some better temps later when I've OC'ed and sorted airflow.

Just thought I'd pop in and report my H70 results now that I've had time to get a stable OC going.

H70 with two Scythe GT-AP15 in P/P.
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz
VCore 1.35v, everything else stock/auto.

RealTemp peak during LinX was 76/74/73/71c

Could try to push further I suppose but 4.2 is fine for me and any further will require more time spent tinkering with voltages.

this with HT on or off?

My new 930 replacment is at 4.2ghz @ 1.3125v and its running around 87-89c at full load on prime blend after 25min.
stock fans, max speed.

EDIT: also need to mention i just reapplied as5 only a day ago so it hasnt had the requisite 200 hours to break in.

Back